It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating Art From Haiti's Rubble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Creating Art From Haiti's Rubble

Since the January earthquake, and in general, we've seen and heard a lot from Haiti and, unfortunately, many of those stories have been negative. Granted — Haiti's position is still pretty grim. But if there’s one thing that characterizes Haitians, according to NPR photographer David Gilkey, it's their resilience. Sculptor Andre Eugene, for example, has not only continued to create art post-earthquake but actually has been newly inspired. "Look at my art and look at Haitians," he told Gilkey in May. "Look at my art and look at resistance, look at resilience." He creates recycled art from scraps found around town; it goes without saying that he now has more material than ever.

Just came across this vid and I found it very inspiring so I thought I would share it here on ATS. Stories like this make me realise how lucky I am and not to take things fo ganted. Very unique art style, some voodoo aspects to it, enjoy

Link to source

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Broonie]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Been trying to find some pictures of his work but not having any luck. If anyone can find some please link or post, would like to see more

new topics

join