It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very strange hit almost EVERY seismograph in the US at the same time!!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If i'm reading things correctly then the strongest magnatude was felt in the north mid atlantic ridge?

I'm seriously thinking this could have something to do with the oil leak in the gulf as that's not too far away.

In another post i asked what was replacing the oil that was spewing into the ocean, could this be a massive collapse underground (under sea) or perhaps a huge volume of water rushing into the cavaty created by the movement of the oil?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If you look at the data I provided earlier, then all these seismic readings occurring at the same time throughout the U.S. could not be from a an Earthquake in Brazil.

If you at the distances on a globe as opposed to a map, the Southeastern portion of the U.S. should have picked up on the waves about5-20 minutes after the quake, while the Northwest part of the U.S. would have recorded the waves a good 10 to twenty minutes after the Southeast, probably more like a half an hour later.

The Earthquake seismic activity I saw occurred within a few minutes of time. Therefore not a result of P waves from the Brazil quake.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The P waves did not all arrive in different areas in the US at the same time, there were separations of a few minutes. Nor should they have been more than a few minutes apart.

Here are calculations which are probably a little more accurate than yours.
neic.usgs.gov...

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
" I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith..."

...and we know nothing about it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
whatever it was it has nothing to do with the oil leak.
We pump lots of oil out of the ground 24 hours sa day and we don't cause earthquakes

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

this is USGS site right now, 00:46 here..

this is reallly really interesting

thanks OP

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

If you look at the data I provided earlier, then all these seismic readings occurring at the same time throughout the U.S. could not be from a an Earthquake in Brazil.

If you at the distances on a globe as opposed to a map, the Southeastern portion of the U.S. should have picked up on the waves about5-20 minutes after the quake, while the Northwest part of the U.S. would have recorded the waves a good 10 to twenty minutes after the Southeast, probably more like a half an hour later.

The Earthquake seismic activity I saw occurred within a few minutes of time. Therefore not a result of P waves from the Brazil quake.

Pole Shifts? Events/Actions/Consequences. Hint hint* Pay attention to OUR environment.

Love & Light.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Can't we get a "debunked" on this and close it?

I think the issue has been resolved, 13 pages ago.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive

Originally posted by liveandletlive
Do you think there is a chance that these two events may be related?

UPDATE 11:51pmCDT: Another major eruption. These are not coming from the riser. They are coming in to view from elsewhere, even in the long, high-view shots. Sometimes from behind the ROV. Twenty-four hours of near non-stop SpillCam viewing, and not one look at the BOP.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted this earlier on another popular website, but I want to share it here as well. When you click on the link, click on virtually ANY red dot and you will see an earthquake that happened around 1630GMT!

Haven’t heard anyone say one way or the other.

Do you ever get the feeling that you’re being ignored?

It’s a simple question. Is it possible for the recorded shockwave to cause the anomaly at the oil leak site?

Hello..........anyone................Hello hello ello el o..................

Ok. Is the time the same? I did the GMT vs. C something or other minus the line thingys..........5 hour difference and 24 hour clock vs. 12.....

I dont know! Are they at the same time?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So 1630 GMT is equal to 4:30 GMT I think. Then 4:30 GMT subtract 5 hours to get to CDT at the rig and…… its 11:30ish right. They said around 1630 so that means plus or minus….isnt that the same time as a major eruption at the oil leak?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The only way this can be debunked is if either the website is wrong or fake. All other theories are open for debate. Can't be a earthquake because in order to effect every station it would have to be massive and would have been felt around the world. I agree with the op that the sun might be the cause.

The sun may only shine on one side of the earth but it still has an effect on the core. I belive the sun is being supercharged by the surrounding space the solar system might be moving into. And as a result is sending energy to the earths core. All the planets in the solar system are heating up as a result of the increased solar activity.

The heating up of the core will only result in more plate movement as the magma flows increase. So it isn't hard to imagine that as the heating process increases and there is more plate movement it would occur globally and at the same time. Because it is all directed from the core and expands outward.

Just a theory anway.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by TiM3LoRd]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hmm, according to the links I provided earlier P waves vary in speed quite a bit, and the chart by the USGS seems to be based on the higher speeds P waves travel, the fastest is through water. I figured the median would be most likely. Their chart shows times at the low end of my guesstimation. I would have to go with the USGS chart.

The waves would have primarily traveled through the Upper Mantle, so the speed would have been consistent. From my earlier calculations close to 10 KM per second.

I wonder if the op stored the original values, as they aren't on the USGS charts anymore, having dropped off the available data list. I wonder if the staggered times of recorded values is there, that should be there? The S wave would have traveled at about half the speed, I wonder if they can be easily identify the P waves from the S waves.

16:25-16:29 readings in the U.S. would have been just right for the Brazil quake according to this chart.

I wonder if they will do more than a theoretical.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

The reason you don't feel it is because the wave is over a longer time period than when the quake is close by. The earth moves, but not so that you would notice.

This explains it. The explanation is a bit down the page but keep reading as it is interesting.

reply to post by quakewatcher

Well said! It was actually explained on page 2 by whoShotJR but was ignored.

This was the Acre quake for certain and all these other theories are just complete claptrap.

[edit on 25/5/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
dont suppose this has anything to do with it? They mention the seabed dropping over an oil field...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

I wish I could answer your question....but I ain't no expert. However, I felt compelled to let you know that I read your posts and see the possibility that they could be related inasmuch as a deep-occurring quake could create additional pressure on a pressure-releasing reservoir.
Having said all that, I've gotten used to being ignored more often than not.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClairvoyant

Originally posted by poet1b

Pole Shifts? Events/Actions/Consequences. Hint hint* Pay attention to OUR environment.

Love & Light.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by DClairvoyant]

These are unprecedented times ...

I believe this calls for unprecedented reasoning.

You two know what's up, too!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
The only way this can be debunked is if either the website is wrong or fake. All other theories are open for debate. Can't be a earthquake because in order to effect every station it would have to be massive and would have been felt around the world. I agree with the op that the sun might be the cause.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by TiM3LoRd]

No.

The website was showing the arrival of P Waves from the earthquake in Brazil. This happens all the time, and numerous links have been posted to numerous other quakes which had the same result.

All you would have to do is watch a few seismographs for a couple of days, and you can see this for yourself. In fact, if you follow just about any earthquake or volcano related thread on this very site you will see numerous instances of people discussing this effect, as it relates to various seismographs they are monitoring. It's incredibly common. Which is why this conversation is driving me nuts.

Why even try to have a serious conversation about geology/volcanology in this forum if nobody cares about the science or the contributions of members who spend a lot of time watching this stuff? I like speculating as much as the next person (which is why I hang out here) but this is just ridiculous.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by quakewatcher]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

It would not have been felt at all, and possibly only very slightly right on top of it as this was not a very big quake, BUT at that depth it rings all the way round the earth easily and probably more than once if you study the seismos. It is not uncommon for a quake to appear three times as it travels round the world. See my earlier post for an explanation of why you would not have felt it.

If you need a further example take a look at the seismos now. Nearly all are showing the 6.3 on the mid-atlantic ridge, but I don't see anyone hopping up and down about this?

[edit on 25/5/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
My mistake then. I was unaware that this was common. What I dont uderstand is if this is such a common thing why when the OP called a so called expert in the field they were clueless a to what was going on. Anyway if you say it's common for this to occur then I guess i'll accept that.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
so did the scientist ever get back to you or what , maybe u should call him or something

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join