It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's extremely long list of violations (in only a few short years)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I wonder what the other ol n gas companys havet o hide or were in trouble for.

I have actually heard about other oil platforms owned or contracted by BP in much worse shape. Supposedly, these platforms are in far worse shape and the calamity that would be caused by failure would dwarf our current crisis.

But hey, they American people won't hold anyone accountable so why should they bother? I am willing to bet money that the tax-payers will wind up paying for most of the financial burden of this disaster so BP can continue to give us the shaft.

--airspoon

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

wonder about CITGO too, what dirty tactics and fines they all have in thier closet*

CITGO is actually owned by "the good people of Venezuela" and I'm pretty sure that they get their oil from Venezuela.

--airspoon

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I don't know why more people aren't interested in any of this. I've linked to your thread several times myself.

Anyways, don't forget about their crimes against humanity such as Operation AJAX where BP was involved with the oppressive overthrow of the democratically elected Iranian president, just to get cheap oil. This event set in motion the current political climate in the Middle East, which has 'us' on the brink of total war.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Your right, the violations listed are just violations inside the United States and only within the last few years. There is much more evil committed by this corporate entity. It is so clear that this company can't even tie it's own shoe, much less safely drill for oil a mile under the sea surface and now we are allowing them to command the containment operation. It is clear they are trying to manage this in the cheapest way possible, to where they can salvo at least some oil. When it's all over and done, they will most likely shift most of the cost to the American tax-payer by anyone of various means and then "rebrand" the corporation so that the American people will forget how much the company shafted us. Make no mistake about it, the American people will quickly forget and forgive. We always do.

--airspoon

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

airspoon: S&F for your post and descriptive detail. I have placed a link to your thread on the thread I posted on ATS today about B P which is entitled:

"BP Will Not Receive Safety Award This Year After All"

That thread is located here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Hey, good thread you got there. This list of violations actually explains a lot leading up to this disaster.

--airspoon

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I don't want to sound like I am making excuses for BP. Even an amoeba knows BP screwed up BIG TIME in the gulf. However, it might be easy for a reasonably conscientious person to rack up safety violations for trivial things.

Let us all take your kitchens as an example. I am pretty sure most of you (except some of you bachelors) have reasonably clean kitchens. If a government inspector went through your kitchen, they would probably find numerous violations. For example, if you left meat out to thaw on the counter top instead of the refrigerator, you may have violated a health code. Your refrigerator might be one degree to warm. The pot you left soaking in the sink might be another violation. The moldy cheese you are about to throw out is another violation.

The same thing could be said for oil wells. Many of BP's violations could have been petty things. For example, they could have been cited for having fire extinguishers that were a few weeks past their expiration date. Safety inspectors also often consider the use of powerstrips as a safety violation. BP could have been cited for having a wet floor because somebody was mopping the time the safety inspector was on site, or it could have been cited for having a dirty floor because the janitor decided to wait until the safety inspector left before he mopped.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Sorry but BP has a historical base of stupidity dating back numerous
years, and they are far worse than any minor violations the company
may have incurred. Does this sound familiar?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"B P Played a Key Role in Botched Exxon Valdez Response"

"Since a busted oil well began spewing crude into the Gulf of Mexico a month ago, the catastrophe has constantly been measured against the 1989 Exxon Valdez disaster. The Alaska spill leaked nearly 11 million gallons of crude, killed countless animals and tarnished the owner of the damaged tanker, Exxon."

"Yet the leader of botched containment efforts in the critical hours after the tanker ran aground wasn't Exxon Mobil Corp. It was BP PLC, the same firm now fighting to plug the Gulf leak."

Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

That's interesting about BP "botching" the Valdez clean-up. Just think, whatever noted vioklations BP has is just the tip of the iceberg about what they really do.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by manta78

That's interesting about BP "botching" the Valdez clean-up. Just think, whatever noted vioklations BP has is just the tip of the iceberg about what they really do.

--airspoon

I agree.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join