It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does loneliness cause depression?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Here is how i look at depression...

You ALLOW it, not cause or create it. Think of depression as the name of an entity, in your case, him and lonely are good friends. Think of them as people in your life that you no longer want contact with. What do you do with people you no longer want contact with? Stop calling them! or, tell them to go away.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by imans

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
With regards to myself I realized that when I feel lonely I often get depressed, and I have found with me that when I have more people I can talk to I don't get the same feeling.

from myself the answer is this,

truth is positive freedom
positive freedom is the living sense and that is the normal state of existing awareness since it is the true always state

positive freedom is the living sense from what it means seeing something similar to you infront of you so you can be free while psoitive there

and this is present right absolutely in truth existence fact

now usually since existence is of evil it is dispatched between two nature and god as different opposites poles killing us from both sides for their souverignty from our conditions life, that is why people that preach balance get some credits from what it is always wrong to go on any side
supported as source of living you must pay heavy taxes there

so usually in conditions realities, we have freedom is run by god of brains and motivations intentions inn
and we have positive run by nature, that can mean doing things more intelligent and more gains superiors as well as meaning something or someone objectively superior

so in freedom run by god it is boring, even if you are enlightened by i dont know what you love there, there is no reality you have to surrender to lies as nothing so when you have a sense of existing it is very hard to accept maybe a lot torture themselves by insisting on what is wrong

and in positive it is worse hells, there is nothing but lies that pass, wether you have make shows about what you are counting and exhibiting as grant or wether you must accept being inferior if you mean to value something there, but it is all of things that you feel lost inn with no sense of any freedom as fact of what you are really just common sense

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Haha, i got a good laugh from reading your little guy with the questions over his head. This is how i feel after every post as such.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Yes, loneliness can cause depression.

But being around other people can also cause depression.

We have to work it out.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It's more like 'Which came first, the chicken or the egg".
Clinical Depression as a "Disease State" is different from feelings of loneliness or saddness. "Loneliness" can be a symptom of clinical depression, where feelings of being isolated or not being able to relate to those around can lead to feelings of loneliness as a by product of a depressive state. A "Clincial State" of Depression" is usually qualified by the severity of loneliness as if those feelings could lead to dangerous acts to one's self or someone else.
Hope that helps.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I much prefer my own company and feel kind of lonely when I'm in a crowd. Strange one that.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I much prefer my own company and feel kind of lonely when I'm in a crowd. Strange one that.

Out of sight out of mind.

Same for many people, alot of us do not feel comfortable in crowds, and i am one of them, and i can cope well on my own, and prefer it.

But everyone gets lonely, but that does not mean they want anyone to fill that hole, as often people having partners or others around makes people worse. Some people are like the opposite to others, and just want to be alone. But people do not understand that everyone is lonely, but that does not mean they want a person to get rid of that feeling. Being lonely is just a by product of being alone, and it does not necessarily mean a bad thing.

I am totally used to it in my life, and i never get down too much, and i am glad i made the decisions i made that made me end up alone. For some people being with others, just makes them feel worse, and its just not them, and they never wanted to be part of a relationship or a group, they just want to be alone, and i for one think its the best thing for me in my life.

Do not know about all others alone though, but for me being alone is not an exact cause of depression, as alot of people like me just prefer being alone.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well one can feed off the other and vice versa. I am seldom lonely if by myself. I am not a depressive personality. I can feel very alone in a crowd of chattering people that have nothing of interest to say.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I'd say it all depends on your Life experiences and where you were when you became single or alone because those experiences will play a huge part in whether you become depressed or not...

Also if you are used to having loads of people around you, then you are more likely to become depressed!!

It's not being alone which makes you depressed, it's your self.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join