It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome UFO photo taken in LA 25 years ago.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by milkmustache

ok, y'all can't tell by those shorts that it's in the 80's? and those 80's beer can example you give, they are bud light. not Budweiser ~ so the original budweiser can could have remained the same all those years

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
I've seen this 'object' a few times. What you are seeing are 1960-1985 power line spacer/separators.

This is a horizontal version, spacing 2 wires.
These are rare since they are no longer made this way.

Pharyax.....

That sounds extremely interesting.

Your picture link is faulty & I can't find a picture of my own.

Can you fix your picture link?

Can you provide your source info?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

It is obvious nobody here has everwatched a UFO documentary or seen a large UFO thread. So they have no idea how to do what passes as an proper analysis.
Normal

Enhanced

Enhanced

Thermal

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Your picture link is faulty & I can't find a picture of my own.

Can you fix your picture link?

Can you provide your source info?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

He didn't leave any link, did he? I don't see it. Anyway, I can't google up anything like this either.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Yuefo.....

You're right.

I thought there was a faulty picture link between the 2 paragraphs

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
OK, I've seen those power line separators before. They keep the lines from touching in wind (I think). I am trying to find an image.

Here are some, but not the kind I'm looking for. For some reason, I can't embed.

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenjewel
OK, I've seen those power line separators before. They keep the lines from touching in wind (I think). I am trying to find an image.

Here are some, but not the kind I'm looking for. For some reason, I can't embed.

upload.wikimedia.org...

Zenjewel.....

Here you go

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
it looks like the drones that have been circulating the internet for somewhile. The drones are said to originate in California. Some claimed that they are hoax's, I dont know what to think. But the similiarity is striking!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
it looks like the drones that have been circulating the internet for somewhile. The drones are said to originate in California. Some claimed that they are hoax's, I dont know what to think. But the similiarity is striking!

Xynephadyn.....

The drones are a massive hoax.

See the following 435 page thread in the hoax forum:

Isaac CARET - Drones

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Yea, I know of that thread. My point was, Ive seen so many things, ufo's and other strange things in the sky- theres so much BS disinfo out there- at some point its like who cares- they're here- thats all that matters. It likely is a hoax, or is a hoax, regardless-- it looks similiar. thats all

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn

Yea, I know of that thread. My point was, Ive seen so many things, ufo's and other strange things in the sky- theres so much BS disinfo out there- at some point its like who cares- they're here- thats all that matters. It likely is a hoax, or is a hoax, regardless-- it looks similiar. thats all

Xynephadyn.....

Yea, I know of that thread.

Yup.....it’s a monster!

My point was, Ive seen so many things, ufo's and other strange things in the sky

If that is the case, you are extremely fortunate to have experienced that.

theres so much BS disinfo out there

I couldn’t agree more!

at some point its like who cares - they're here- thats all that matters.

Well.....they might be here.....

It likely is a hoax, or is a hoax, regardless

If you mean the drones.....that’s a hoax.

-- it looks similiar. thats all

I see what you mean.....sort of an early “basic” version!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by jack burton
I can buy the fading but it still looks like the tree is casting a shadow onto a wall.

Jack Burton.....

What is the point you are making in relation to the "tree casting a shadow onto the wall?"

What it means to me is, if that's a wall, the saucer could be an appendage of some sort, perhaps a light fixture.

Thanks yuefo
thats exactly what im getting at.If thats a wall and not the sky then the scale of the object is greatly reduced and if on the wall could still be there.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I've spent quite a bit of time examining the OP's pic and thruthfully, the more I look at it the greater the feeling that I get that somehow, it has been manipulated. In an earlier post I made the observation that the can of Bud seemed in shape and design, anachronistic to the decade mentioned by the OP ... however, I do concede that back in '85 they possibly did use cans that had a '90's look to them, so we'll let that slide.

Anyway, now I want to run the following observation by you all and get your opinions. In a way I'm surprised that no-one (including myself) had picked up on this much earlier as it tends to stick out like a sore thumb once you've noticed it.

Lets examine the top right portion of the pic as seen below ... do you notice something really unusual (besides the ufo
) ?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c2cf43200ad.jpg[/atsimg]

In case you didn't, let me point them out.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07035d50d1e7.jpg[/atsimg]

These two observations struck me as highly unusual.

In the case of the box, it seems to me to be totally unusual from a support point of view to have it suspended in mid-air only by nothing more substantial than a cable on either side and not have it solidly anchored in place, like say to the tree. Now I don't know what the function of this box was ... whether it was a junction box or perhaps contained a transformer ... but irrespective, the box's weight should have imparted an obvious amount of sag or droop. The only way that the box would remain fixed in place would be if it was being supported in such a way that sag would not be introduced. Now considering that the only visible support is by way of the 2 cables, this would immediately imply that the cables themselves were totally rigid as in some kind of plastic or metallic conduit being used with the power/telephone cables running inside the conduit. Otherwise, simple flexible cabling on its own would have insufficient rigidity to support the box without sagging.
However, if some kind of rigid conduit material was used, then we have an additional problem in that there's no obvious sign of how the substantial weight of such a conduit was being supported across the distance of the yard. I've personally worked with plastic conduiting many times and can attest to its tendency to sag or droop after only just a few meters of unsupported run.

In the case of the cable itself, notice how it runs perfectly straight as an arrow across the yard towards the box, but then just short of the box, it bends downwards (or sideways) for a short distance.
Now if it was just electrical cable covered in insulation, then it's easy flexibility would disallow such an abrupt change in direction and would more than likely be inclined to sag instead. If instead it was a cable running inside a very long length of conduit, then whats supporting the conduit ? So here we apparently see a cable that is able to support it's weight even after changing direction in mid air and still managing to connect to a box that itself seems to have no obvious means of solid support.

In fact, if you examine the box very carefully, there seems to be a marked difference in texture between the left half and the right half ... almost as if some kind of manipulation had taken place in the original pic and looking carefully, there does seem to be some kind of visible split.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a275bc8dbf4.jpg[/atsimg]

Now if I was pushed to it, I would say that in my opinion, the original pic had been manipulated starting with the box and extending across the top right of the pic towards the ufo corner.

However, having made the above observations, I'm more than open to reasonable explanations that could account for the mentioned anomalies.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I am 100% confident that this is nothing more than an Overlapping image from when the Film was developed or two images stuck together at one point.

The object in question looks like a Hubcap

Here is an example of how the image is overlapped

Also look at the wire near the telegraph pole, you can see breaks in the wire as well as other textures in that area.

Notice the dark overlapping area in the top right hand corner.

Forgot to mention the reason I am so sure is because I have some old overlapping photos somewhere, the big white blobs in the middle gave it away... maybe two photos stuck together when they were being stored.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Tauristercus.....

Great work!

However, I've solved that issue.....it's an illusion.

I've highlighted the 2 lines:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b201db568c8.jpg[/atsimg]

Follow the wire from right to left until you get to the point where it deflects downward.

Look extremely carefully.....

There is a fine line that continues in perfect alignment with the line of the wire before it deflects down......that fine line is a supporting wire.

It continues along to the pole.

That accounts for the illusion of the box being unsupported....it is being supported by a fine wire.

Also.....

Draw a line along the top of the image from the pole to the "UFO".

1/3 of the length of that line left from the "UFO" a faint line can be seen that starts from that point at the top of the image & goes across to the left & basically "joins" the top right corner of the box.

I'm wondering if that could be a supporting wire that is suspended back across to closer to where the photo has been taken from.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Post removed by Maybe...maybe not & collated into above post

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Post removed by Maybe...maybe not & collated into above post

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

A bit hard to make out in the following pic but i think that's what you're referring to.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64c61ed8f2ee.jpg[/atsimg]

If so, then yes, it could very well be a supporting guy wire and the only thing that would account for the seemingly magical "houdini levitation trick" being performed by the cable running across the yard.

With that in mind, there may even be a possibility that the support wire because it's heading in a direction above the ufo, may actually also in turn, itself provide support for a possible power cable (out of orig pic view) running down to the ufo, which would make the ufo nothing more than an unusually shaped street or back yard light.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Tauristercus.....

Sorry mate.....I messed up my posts & had to re-edit quickly.

If you go back to my 1st post in this sequence you will see I have highlighted the 2 wires.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

A bit hard to make out in the following pic but i think that's what you're referring to.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64c61ed8f2ee.jpg[/atsimg]

If so, then yes, it could very well be a supporting guy wire and the only thing that would account for the seemingly magical "houdini levitation trick" being performed by the cable running across the yard.

With that in mind, there may even be a possibility that the support wire because it's heading in a direction above the ufo, may actually also in turn, itself provide support for a possible power cable (out of orig pic view) running down to the ufo, which would make the ufo nothing more than an unusually shaped street or back yard light.

Yes.....good thinking '99! (sorry...old Get Smart reference.....I do that when I get excited!)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join