It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corexit is Killing the Gulf

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Corexit is Killing the Gulf

www.infowars.com

Instead of cleaning up the unprecedented catastrophe created by the Cartel’s mega-corporations (Halliburton, Transocean, and British Petroleum), these very same companies seem to be purposely killing our Gulf of Mexico, under the pretense of cleaning it up, with a chemical dispersant by the trade name of Corexit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
lmrk.org... that is a link to the dispersant being used and is the one in question.

The MSDS Claims: No toxicity studies have been conducted on this product. Yet they have dumped Thousand of gallons on the spill and we have already here in MS have seen its affects.

Dead birds, sea turtles, fish, and marine mammals. All have no signs of oil contamination so what does that tell us? Something is indeed killing off wildlife at a higher rate than normal.

Any guesses to what it is?

My guess is it could be COREXIT® 9500 or COREXIT® EC9527A the other dispersant being used.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to add Links to MSDS.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Although I am skeptical about AJ, I am also a bit uneasy about just dumping untested chemicals into delicate eco-systems. I didn't know that animals were washing up dead without oil contamination. I know a lot of people that live around many parts of the Gulf, from LA to FL, and haven't heard anything about that.
I believe it, though.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I told you kids, I told my family, I wrote letters to politicians. The corporations want the gulf to be a deadzone so they can drill anywhere. There was once a huge abundance of marine life in the gulf that deserved to be preserved.

Now, there is no point in not letting the black gold miners come drill anywhere since it's about to become a barren wasteland.

Are there other reasons for this disaster? Yes! but this is just one facet.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Personally, I believe corporations and drilling has little, if anything, to do with the goal of killing the ecosystem in the Gulf. The real culprit is the abillity of the federal government to control the nation's waterways in their entirety.

US Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force
The bastards are going to be releasing their final report and recommendations sometime in the next few weeks/months. It has long been expected that the report will include a recommendation that the federal government take control of the management of virtually all public fisheries, including freshwater rivers and any lakes which outfall or could outfall into the oceans (in other words, EVERY body of water in the US, as all water could theorhetically reach the ocean in a flood event.)

What better way to excuse a massive power grab away from the states than by pointing at a fully destroyed fishery in the GOM, and possibly even citing National Security by claiming that the lost revenue and food from the Gulf makes us even more dependent upon the rest of the nation's fisheries? Sad thing is a high percentage of the US population is dumb enough to just go along with it. However, the administration will be in for a fierce battle against states like Alaska if they believe the sportsmen are just going to happily go along with this crap.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well, at least the EPA is telling BP to stop using corexit now, ...

Agency Orders BP to Use a Less Toxic Chemical in Cleanup

Citing worries about a fragile coastal environment, the federal Environmental Protection Agency on Thursday gave the giant energy company BP 24 hours to select a less toxic chemical than the one that it is now using to break up crude oil gushing from a ruined well in the Gulf of Mexico.

After submitting a list of one or more alternatives to the agency, the company would then have 72 hours to start using one of them.

Hmmm, why doesn't the EPA give THEM a list of chemicals that they appove of instead of leaving it in the hands of the oil company to come up with a "SAFER" alternative?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm suprised this thread has so few post, it is like no one cares or comprehends what is going on out there. I'm off the grid and do not how landlocked America feels. We in Florida are sick to our stomachs and feel powerless. It is truly unbelievable to what is continuing to happen out there.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A little more info from congress on corexit, ...

Congress Gets Results on Corexit

At yesterday’s hearing on the BP Disaster, Peter DeFazio and Jerrold Nadler hammered BP America President Lamar McKay on the relative toxicity and efficacy of the dispersant Corexit as compared to some other dispersants. They pointed out that Corexit is one of the most toxic of the approved dispersants and is not as effective as others.
******SKIP******
It is my understanding that the main dispersants applied so far are from a product line called Corexit, some of which had their approval rescinded in Britain more than a decade ago, because laboratory tests found them harmful to sea life that inhabits rocky shores.

Illegal to use in the waters in Britain but legal in the US?

Sounds like some agency (maybe the EPA
) was asleep at the wheel!

[edit on 5/20/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here's my thread on it from the other day.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Maybe BP should look into hiring these guys, their solution actually seems somewhat plausible, and wouldn't kill everything in its path.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

Dead birds, sea turtles, fish, and marine mammals. All have no signs of oil contamination so what does that tell us? Something is indeed killing off wildlife at a higher rate than normal.

Any guesses to what it is?

[edit on 20-5-2010 by SWCCFAN]

You are forgetting the HUGE amount of methane that is coming out with the oil, it is saturating the water and displacing the oxygen. There is much more methane than oil and there is no telling what the effect will be.

The sea life dead with no sign of oil probably died from oxygen starvation.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

That's the way the Cajuns in LA clean up oil.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Has anyone else read the MSDS on the 2 dispersants?
COREXIT® EC9527A

HUMAN HAZARD CHARACTERIZATION :
Based on our hazard characterization, the potential human hazard is: High

ECOTOXICOLOGICAL EFFECTS :
No toxicity studies have been conducted on this product.

SKIN CONTACT :
Can cause mild to moderate irritation.
INGESTION :
Not a likely route of exposure. Large quantities may cause kidney and liver damage.
INHALATION :
Not a likely route of exposure. Aerosols or product mist may irritate the upper respiratory tract.
SYMPTOMS OF EXPOSURE :
Acute :
Excessive exposure may cause central nervous system effects, nausea, vomiting, anesthetic or narcotic effects.
Chronic :
Repeated or excessive exposure to butoxyethanol may cause injury to red blood cells (hemolysis), kidney or the
liver.
AGGRAVATION OF EXISTING CONDITIONS :
Skin contact may aggravate an existing dermatitis condition.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
seafood is gross anyway
i dotn care about teh gulf of whatever it is, as long as its not near me.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I find it insane of the utmost, they would use a chemcial on life without testing it. seems like thiers no life or pulse in the decision makers* as archie bunker would call his son in law...meathead* thier a bunch of meatheads making these desicions.. dead from the neck up*
that is interesting...its banned in britain but ok here in USA/ sounds like THIS IS THE TEST for those MSDS sheets. thats the scary part

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Anyone thought of asking WHY BP would continue to use this chemical, even after Congress has asked them not to??? Here's why...
Corexit is made by Nalco (National Aluminate Corporation ).
The merger of two CHICAGO based companies.

Nalco was founded as National Aluminate Corporation in 1928 through a merger of Chicago Chemical Company and Aluminate Sales Corporation, two Chicago-based companies selling sodium aluminate to treat water. Chicago Chemical Company sold mainly to municipalities and industrial plants for boiler feedwater treatment. Aluminate Sales Corporation sold to the railroads to condition water used in steam locomotives.

In 2003...

USFilter and Ondeo Nalco enter into a strategic partnership providing equipment, chemicals and service to industrial customers.
The Blackstone Group, Apollo Management L. P. and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners buy Ondeo Nalco

www.nalco.com...

Humm..where have I heard Apollo Management..???????
Oh yes..they are connected to OBAMA, and helped write the Health Care Bill..amoung other things..
Have you seen how much Nalco's stocks have risen???
They continue using this chemical for a reason..its called TREASON..

[edit on 24-5-2010 by MissysWorld]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I'm surprised this thread has so few post, it is like no one cares or comprehends what is going on out there. I'm off the grid and do not know how landlocked America feels. We in Florida are sick to our stomachs and feel powerless. It is truly unbelievable to what is continuing to happen out there.

My condolences ... and I would consider moving as soon as you can (after you document that you were here at this time -- for possible class action suits!).

If I were a resident (intent on staying_
_) I would ask local authorities if Refugee Camps will be made available for Gulf Residents who cannot remain in their homes without incurring unknown and possibly irreversible health damages. BP should pick up the bill for creating them and fitting them with services.

ALSO:

I would demand that someone go out into the gulf and take samples from the upper parts of that column of contaminated oil product and test them in laboratory conditions to find the exact temperatures and wind velocities which will cause them to become airborne. (I have lived on the coast, I know waves do this with great ease!) ... AND THEN: Make this PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE ... so people can choose to relocate (while holding onto their land and homes for the future .. which may be a decade or farther away).

You can fix your house, but there is no knowing what this chemical mix could do to your body/health.

May the Lord have love and mercy for you all. You did not deserve this, and those who did it will not feel the brunt of their actions.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by super genius
seafood is gross anyway
i dotn care about teh gulf of whatever it is, as long as its not near me.

Yeah trolls don't care about much besides their own selfish selves.

The earth is dying. There's no way off this planet.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This is officially the worst ecological disaster in U.S. history.

The oceans die, people can't fish, food supplies dwindle.

Famine. Death.

Greatest potential for war in N.Korea and Iran in recent memory.

wheres the pestilence? we can't have an apocalypse without pestilence.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
the people who run things, and by that i mean the corporate freaks, their military and intelligence butt buddies and of course the facade in front of the criminal shadow govt, the political wwf show are the worst monsters imaginable. criminals against humanity, the environment, and human culture

america needs new leadership followed bytreason trials for the political corporate and false flag militarists murderers who soil America

[edit on 9-6-2010 by donotinducevomiting]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join