It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangular UFO over Manchester

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I think it's real but I'm willing to change my mind if someone proves it isn't.

You know, of course, that it's impossible to prove a negative. Somebody would have to prove that it's something else, like a balloon or airplane sign or something like that.

I prefer to think it's nonsense until somebody can definitively prove what it is. Saves a lot of time that way. Since although in the past 60 years or so a lot of things have been shown to be "unidentified," absolutely none have proven to be "alien."

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
definitely fake.

My reasoning is simple.

1) If it were real there would easily be more reports of it.

2) It looks like someone has shot a test clip for a channel 4 ad style 3D tracking test.

3) the person filming is using a decent camera (probably not a camera phone as there is no 'jelly' effect) and has downscaled the quality so that detail cant be seen that well - a good way to make something look more convincing.

4) that thing would be the size of several football pitches if it were real because of parallax. It moves at a similar speed and seemingly on the same plane as the clouds (not much at all) and so we can assume its meant to be at a similar height to the clouds. In fact, when you watch very closely there is no movement from the plane whatsoever in respect to the background.

Debunked.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spectre76
Why IS the reflection of the triangle object visible on the building not only before it even shows up but also if the object is behind the building?

The reflection is of the "T" shaped streetlight across from the building. If you look closely, you can see the post extending down from the reflection.

I don't think the person who put this together would have gone far enough to put a reflection in the building.

It appears post-production to me.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
There appears to something wrong with the perspective....i.e. the "movement" of the "object" against the background sky.

The revealing & ongoing positioning of the “object” looks staged.

Agreed, that was the first thing I noticed when I looked at this video. The object moves too much in relation to the clouds behind it. Yes, it's comparatively in the foreground but it is still a far away object and every time the camera jostles, it's position relative to the clouds behind it moves quite a lot. I think the person who made this keyed the position of the object in the frame to the objects on the ground and not to the ripples in the clouds.

Definitely a CGI fake, IMO.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I drive this very road every day - if this was real there would already be hundreds of sources - this is a busy area with medium to heavy traffic pretty much 24/7 - believe me, there would be camera phone footage all over the glorious t'interweb by now

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spectre76

I believe the reflection is the telephone pole. The object is not showing in the reflection of the building.
Other than it being a pretty smooth clip for a guy driving, I think it looks interesting. Maybe someone other than the driver was filming.
Also I agree, that not all people look up.

Hope to hear from the potographer on the thread.

Peace

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bucknet
reply to post by spectre76

Other than it being a pretty smooth clip for a guy driving, I think it looks interesting. Maybe someone other than the driver was filming.

At the end of the clip you can see the person filming the footage is sat on the left hand side of the car, which is the passenger seat in UK cars, so if it was a UK car which is most likely, it was the passenger filming.

My verdict, yes it looks very good and convincing, but no sound(?) and like already stated by many people: it's not likely that only this 1 person would see this over such a large city. What makes it look more convincing I think, is that the description is almost asking a question as to what it is, to me this comes across as not an attention seeker (like the one so obviously CGI faked in The Sun Newspaper)

At first I thought that it suddenly appeared suspiciously, so it must be cgi chopped n pasted video. It's quite possible that they could of seen an object in the sky, then that building got in the way, so they started filming just as the building was about to pass.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Match Moving

Compositing

These links may help enlighten what is easily possible. Also do a few searches for motion tracking and compositing examples and breakdowns.

Wayne...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
There appears to something wrong with the perspective....i.e. the "movement" of the "object" against the background sky.

The revealing & ongoing positioning of the “object” looks staged.

Agreed, that was the first thing I noticed when I looked at this video. The object moves too much in relation to the clouds behind it. Yes, it's comparatively in the foreground but it is still a far away object and every time the camera jostles, it's position relative to the clouds behind it moves quite a lot. I think the person who made this keyed the position of the object in the frame to the objects on the ground and not to the ripples in the clouds.

Definitely a CGI fake, IMO.

LifeInDeath.....

You said it.....

"Definitely a CGI fake....."

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Another great example of how to spot fakes. This guy is filming random space in the sky then filling it later with CGI. C'mon people this is grade school stuff.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
TGhat must be real, stop the video at exactly 32seconds, you can see the triangle through the grated overpass, that would be very hard to recreate.

Any thoughts?

Oddly enough, having this pointed out actually provided my proof that it's fake.

Watch the segment 0:29-0:33 through several times. The triangle disappears shortly before it should when it's behind the grated overpass. For comparison look ~3-4 seconds earlier when there's a building visible passing behind the overpass and look at where the top of the building disappears behind the overpass, and compare that point to where the triangle disappears - the triangle disappears well above that point.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Not a chance. The compressor dampening the motion effect of the video is a give-away instantly.

Coupled with the fact I'm a Manchester guy myself and theres next to nothing in terms of air traffic over the City Centre itself, so a craft of this size hovering at 1.45pm for all to see would instantly be twittered, picked up by radio, TV, mobile phone cams etc. Manchester is a spread-out city in terms of density so the skyline is always viewable to millions throughout all corners and the centre of the City.

And it's a 40 sec video - a telltale sign of a hoax.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The plot thickens it seems. Another Youtube user spotted this in Manchester on May 14th from a private helicopter.

www.youtube.com...

It's in full hd. The user has commented on the first footage saying he saw it too. They are both from the same day at around the same time. The helicopter footage looks really good.

We could be looking at a blimp here.

October

[edit on 18/5/10 by October]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Good footage although I really just buy it. Now, I am no DS Burnside, but if I happened upon a floating triangle above my city, I would take a look for myself. Not just get back to the warmth of my home to catch the start of Granada Reports.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I don’t know if the video is fake but it does look quite convincing.

And that I am saying there is a like BUT, my girlfriend, her mother, father and I was walking round the runways at Manchester airport a week ago as there is lots of paths and its interesting to see the aeroplanes up close when landing and taking off. We had just got to tunnel that goes from one side of the runway to the other and heard a helicopter which we thought was odd as the airport is really busy at the moment with the ash cloud delaying a lot of flights and causing a build up of aeroplanes in the airport. As the helicopter came over us my g/f dad said it was a UN helicopter! I didn’t think so myself because there was no markings on it at all. It looked like a Bell 222 (Airwolf type) heli and completely black. The other thing that was odd about it was that it flew straight across the main runway and literally seconds after and aeroplanes rolled past us having just landed.

We go down there to watch the planes quit often and never seen anything like this before.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The second video is better, but I have to wonder if it wasn't posted by the same user using another account - the first user is the first to comment on the second video.

Also, the first user alansdalek is already suspect because most of his other videos are of full-sized replicas of a Daleks, the evil cybernetic villains from the Dr. Who TV series. So, the guy is already a sci-fi enthusiast (hey, so am I, no biggie there), but he is one who already is engaged in the construction of high quality, realistic robot models that look as good as the ones seen on the TV series. He's already playing around with this kind of stuff in that way, why not try his hand at some video manipulation. It seems to be the exact same sort of thing, to me.

[edit on 5/18/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
As much as I'd love this to be real there's no way it can be - a UFO over the manchester ring roads close to Salford city centre? There'd be mass hysteria!

With it being in daytime too there'd be hundreds if not thousands of reports and footage.

I think it's most likely to be a manchester uni students CGI homework project!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Also I agree, that not all people look up.

Its not so much that people don't look up, its a mater of perspective and periphreal vision.

Run thru the video again and imagine you are in the car with a view of this angle. You would clearly see it in the sky without looking up. If you didnt look straight at it, your periphreal vision would pick up the "out of place" object and would draw your eyes to it. As an example, pay attention the next time you are driving and go under an overpass. If a vehicle or person appears in your periphreal vision you will look. Its a subconscious act your body does to examine if there is a threat.

The same would happen to all of the other drivers taking this same path, to include all of the drivers on similar roads heading towards where the UFO is.

The only people that would be oblivious and fall under the people don't look up rule would be people directly under it, and not under its shadow which would cause people to look up as well.

The complete lack of collaborating evidence when others would of been drawn to it as well in a country where it seems everyone has camera phones is enough for me to think CGI

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The most convincing parts of the video imho is where the object goes behind the railings of the bridge then the fencing type of construction on top of the building it really looks like its is behind. I think he has filmed a plane coming into land and altered its shape slightly with some cgi.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i think fake i live almost next to the church in the video. there is to many people that live around that area for just one person to film. theres been nothing on the tv or papers. plus the road their on is one of the major roads in and out of manchester hundreds maybe thaousands use it daily.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join