It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologists try to block 'intolerant' German feature film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Scientologists try to block 'intolerant' German feature film

Germany's state broadcaster is locked in a row with the Church of Scientology which wants to block an upcoming feature film that depicts the controversial organisation as totalitarian and unethical. Bis Nichts Mehr Bleibt, or Until Nothing Remains, dramatises the account of a German family torn apart by its associations with Scientology. A young married couple joins the organisation but as the wife gets sucked ever more deeply into the group, her husband, who has donated much of his money to it, decides to leave. In the process he loses contact with his young daughter who, like his wife, is being educated by Scientology instructors. Scientology leaders have accused Germany's primary public TV network, ARD, of creating in top secret a piece of propaganda that sets out to undermine the group, and have demanded to see it before it is broadcast.

Source

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well looks like they're up to their old tricks again. I felt awkward even posting this in religious conspiracies (sorry if wrong mods) as I consider CoS to be far removed from religion. What are your thoughts? Evil organization or church that helps people? I think the fact that Co$ is always so proactive in dealing with any criticism is fairly indicative of dishonesty.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
In my opinion the only thing Scientology helps people do is empty their bank account.

You should not have to pay to practice a religion, Scientology is disgusting.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by TV_Nation]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sorry repost.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by TV_Nation]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

I completely agree. Funneling money into a 'church' for salvation is disgusting. It's sad so many have been taken advantage of. Does CoS even do any charity work?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Scientology is involved in MANY charitable programs, such as drug-rehabilitation, literacy campaigns, retraining efforts, free counseling and guidance as part of Scientology's vibrantly successful Criminon program, etc.

these organizations are all Scientology fronts specifically designed -- as per Hubbard policy obtained in Federal raids in the 1970's -- to get what the cult calls "raw meat into the shop."

The crooks are so pathetic in their lies about charity that when Time Magazine covered their criminal, brainwashing, money-motivated operations, the Scientology cult published an insanely stupid "rebuttle" that was one long, protracted TR-L -- what the cult calls "Training Routine Lies."

Among the lengthy, insane ranting "rebuttle" to the factual and quite damazing information that Time Magazine provided was the nonsense claim that the cult had helped to educate one and a half million African children. Well guess what; the crooks lied. The African government was contacted and told about this claim.

The response from the African government said, in summation -- and I quote -- "I'm afraid that's just another one of their fabrications." This Scientology cult, like Jim Bakker's criminal organization, makes claims about helping people in far away third-world countries in the hopes that no one has the resources to check up on their claims.

With the advent of the Internet and instant communications, however, the checking up on these insanely profound lies is extremely easy to do.

www.skeptictank.org...

Scientology is just a huge scam in my opinion, and the only charity they do are things that will help them recruit if nothing else.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Scientology shouldn't even be counted as a religion, any religion that demands money in order to progress is a money making cult and nothing more. Even Jesus' teachings would feel cheapened if putting money in the collection plate was mandatory.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

I find it laughable that anyone would be silly enough to join a religion created by a science fiction writer. I can't believe anyone even sits through the e-meter test.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Very true. You can go to any Christian church and enjoy (or not) a sermon for free. Of course there are questions about what they do with the money etc. but at least the teachings are out there. I think Jesus gave people a lot more than Xenu.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The problem I have with the Church of Scientology is that it is a monolithic entity and the strict control it has over it's tech and writings. If I wanted to start my own Scientology fellowship outside of CoS, I would have to go through them or face copy write charges from CoS.

I have no problem with Scientology. It's whatever. People can believe in what they wish as long as they don't try to force their beliefs or use force to get what they want. The Church of Scientology, on the other hand, is a tyrannical organization that wishes to become as powerful as the Catholic Church in its day.

Germany, and Europe in general, have always been a little more outspoken again CoS than America. This is kinda sad, as it seems to be our job to piss people off. It is the same with the way they treat Islam and Islam Fundies.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

The problem I have with them is their propensity to sue anyone who would question or disagree with methods/teachings. I too am a little surprised that the US is so accommodating to the CoS. If it walks like a corporation, looks like a corporation and sues like a corporation, maybe it's not a church.

I think people should be free to believe whatever crazy thing they want, hell, I'm a member of ATS. That being said, I don't think Govt. should be supporting the CoS. I also don't believe any 'religion' should be trying to silence critics.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
www.naderlibrary.com...

A very good biography of L Ron Hubbard.

A PIECE OF BLUE SKY -- SCIENTOLOGY, DIANETICS & L. RON HUBBARD EXPOSED by Jon Atack © Jon Atack 1990

The more i learn the less i like. There is no up side to the organisation.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
If the Germans had any brains, they would allow this to be broadcast ed, and ban Scientology from their country. Oh wait they cannot, Scientology will use the European Courts against them.

Scientology is not a religion, it is a Cult.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I read somewhere that Scientology makes press announcements accusing Germans of being Nazis for allowing the this movie.

What that means is...that Scientologys public-relations and public-image offices is full of complete morons. Id have expected such an "advanced Religion" to know a thing or two about Public Image and Marketing.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well see the reaction from them when, Germany tried to stop Tom cruise from entering the country. This just proves, that Scientology will go out of its way to destroy anyone whom gets in their way. This should be a wake up call to t.i.p. to what Scientology is. But as always Money talks.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I`m pissed at cos just because I grew up loving the movies Top Gun, and Grease. I guess it was better to become disillusioned with hollywood at an early age though...so I can realize that tom cruise isnt gonna jump in his F14 Tomcat and save us all, and we are never gonna spontaneously start singin and dancin together like at the end of grease. There is no happy ending, because it never ends...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

People can believe in RLH's space opera about the evil tyrant Xenu, I don't care. But the CoS make people pay for salvation which they can't deliver. OT IX and up don't even exist yet

Actor Jason Beghe has a ton of interesting things to say about his time in Scientology. The video is 2 hours long but Jason makes it well worthwhile.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by cripmeister]

top topics

join