It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the executive branch of the U.S. planning to assassinate the Supreme Court?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been widely speculated about before, but given the fact that the U.S. Supreme Court holds a massive amount of power and that its members are appointed for life by the president, isn't there a likely risk that a shady, power-hungry executive branch would stage some sort of attack on the Court in order to assassinate all nine of its members at once?

Given what we know about the radical Obama administration and its aspirations, I can't help but to think they would love the chance to replace the entire court with justices of their activist political leanings and have the power to more or less permanently reshape the American civic landscape regardless of what may happen in future elections.

Is there anything in place to fairly handle a situation like a "terrorist" gas attack on the Supreme Court that would prevent a partisan administration from gaining that kind of unbalanced control?

It seems to me that if this doesn't occur by November and the Republicans do make the expected large gains in Congress that their number one priority ought to be legislating term limits for Supreme Court justices.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Replicator EYD

Well that's an interesting scenario.
Wouldn't happen though. IMO If all of the justices got the axe everybody would know something was up. As far as limiting their terms. No go again. The 3 branches are set up the way they are for this very type of situation. No one of the three could over ride the others. Sure the President can Veto but nothing says the house and senate have to pass anything.

It's a catch 22

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yes- it already happened!

And guess who was involved?

Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington!

Rent it- or read the Grisham book- it is called THE PELICAN BRIEF!

Yet truth is stranger, so sure, it may happen one day...

//////'/'/'/'/'/////'/''///////'/'/////'''''/////

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Uh.. short answer is no.
What would cause you to have such a fearful paranoid suspiscion?
Tell you what, stop absorbing Republican Propaganda!
You'll be smarter and happier. There really is no need to fear everything under the sun, no need to look under your bed everynight for " radicals". the commies are not coming.
Jeez

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Why would they have to assasinate them.

They have done a really good job of really screwing up the Constitution without that.

Still wondering where the government gets their right to seize my property.

Any of my property, be it labor, land or other property.

They use the elastic clause to manipulate everything that the Constitution says. They use the general welfare clause to force people to purchase property.

C'mon, the whole government is a facade of what is really going on, which is tyranny.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

That hardly describes what I except to happen. In the Pelican Brief, two justices (of varying political leanings) were killed separately. I am worried that the entire court will be killed in a single attack in order to give the presidential administration the opportunity to nominate an entire court at once. All of the new justices would be of the same political philosophy and have the same interpretation of the Constitution.

I'm honestly shocked that the current administration hasn't put this into place yet, since they've got a supermajority in Congress and thus the ability to force any nominee through.

new topics

top topics

join