It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm calling it now, LeBron James will be a Houston Rocket next year!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I actually called this before the start of this last season, but now I'm convinced more than ever based on what I've been hearing. First I hear that LeBron has been hanging out with Hakeem Olajuwon who's basically an ambassador for the Rockets. Second, LeBron has stated that that he wants to become a global icon and the best way for him to go about that is to play with Yao Ming. Nobody else can do for LeBron globally what Yao Ming can.

Here are my thoughts on how the trade will go down. It will be a sign and trade and I'm pretty sure Aaron Brooks and Luis Scola will be involved (and maybe Battier or a #1 pick, maybe both) because they have the most value. We have Jordan Hill ready to take over for Scola and Kyle Lowry ready to take over for Brooks.

Next year's Rockets starting lineup:

PG Kyle Lowry (a pure point guard)
SG Kevin Martin (Richard Hamilton clone)
SF LeBron James (the best all around player)
PF Jordan Hill (ace in the hole, a lot of upside, rebounding machine)
C Yao Ming (can't be guarded with LeBron on the floor)

Hello NBA Championship!

Peace

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I don't think LeBron would make it in Houston..

He currently benefits from the Cleveland 4 step shuffle..

Houston can only offer the Texas 2 Step

The refs would have to start making those travelling calls?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

It's completely under the radar, just remember where you heard it first.

James is gonna 4-step right out of Cleveland, that's about the only sure thing.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Houston just doesn't seem like the big market that Lebron's ego seems to want. I agree that the Yao angle is intriguing but I don't think that is enough to get him in Houston. And honestly, banking his future on the health of Yao's feet could be a risky move.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Valid points, but the market isn't really Houston per se, it's China, that's a billion people watching you almost guaranteed every game. Look at T-Mac, he's been washed-up for a few years now and he was still the second most popular NBA player in China next to Yao.

Edit to add: And true about Yao's feet, gotta keep the fingers crossed there.

Peace

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
And Brian Cushing will retire from the Texans to open a B&B with Shawne Merriman.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I just think that Yao's foot is enough of a question mark to prevent it from happening. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. Personally I find the whole thing a little disgusting. He can make a fortune anywhere and is making a fortune in his hometown. Yet he has to leave so his ego can be stroked to epic proportions.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
And Brian Cushing will retire from the Texans to open a B&B with Shawne Merriman.

OK, I just blew coffee all over my monitor. Thank you.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eba3c731843d.jpg[/atsimg]

I smell 30 wins!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Not if Mark Cuban has anything to say about it. Although, I doubt LeBron will be playing anywhere in Texas....but if he does, it will be Dallas.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

That is so uncalled for.

Just say no to shrinking testicles.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The route here for the Knicks is to sign Lebron to a max contract, try to get Chris Bosh who shouldn't get a max con. and trade with San Antonio who is looking to dump Parker in the last year of his contract.

Trade for a shooting guard and add David Lee for a starting 5 = Instant valid shot at a championship.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The problem for the Knicks is that it's gonna be a sign and trade, Cleveland's got to get pieces back. No way the Cavs come out of it with nothing.

Who would the Cavs want from the Knicks, Lee's the only real value guy and it's not enough. The Knicks could re-sign T-Mac and put him in the deal, but do the Cavs want him? Doubtful.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The problem for the Knicks is that it's gonna be a sign and trade, Cleveland's got to get pieces back. No way the Cavs come out of it with nothing.

Mmm, I was under the impression that Lebron was an unrestricted free agent?

Why would the Knicks (or any other team) need to give the Cavs anything?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Why would the Knicks (or any other team) need to give the Cavs anything?

Because the fans would revolt and the franchise would cease to exist. Cleveland can sign him to a max deal too, but if they know he doesn't want to be there, at least they can get something back for him.

I don't think James has any ill-will towards Cleveland, it's basically his home town. I can't see him allowing the franchise to collapse like that if he can help it.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
No way the Cavs come out of it with nothing.

I've seen it stated that the Cavs are worth 100 Mil less without James. There's no way they make that up. A sign & trade makes it easier for James to leave. I don't see Cleveland doing anything to grease the skids for him.

I think they might play hardball. Make it at least appear if he leaves, he leaves with money on the table. The Cavs take the cap room and move on from there. Sign & trade costs Cleveland big (30Mil?), and the tomato cans they'd likely get in trade won't cover for his loss on the court, anyway.

It'll be interesting. I think either he stays, or leaves without the sign & trade.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I really don't see LeBron ending up in anywhere but Cleveland. As for the Knicks having a shot fo landing LeBron, they do not have a snow ball's chance in hell of improving even with him at Small Forward. The problem for the Knicks lies in their front office in Manhattan. Even if they do sign LeBron, they won't bring in the other hands to help LeBron. You can blame upper management for the debacle that is now the Knicks.

As for the Houston Rockets.......
Even if LeBron were to sign with the Rockets, it probably still won't be enough for an NBA title. I mean with Yao's foot constantly nagging him. It would not make any sense to sign a guy who is guaranteed to bring double teams without anyone there to assist with getting the pressure off of LeBron.

If any team has a legitimate shot of signing LeBron, it is either Cleveland or Dallas. The kicker is that Mark Cuban may realize this, but LeBron would be a perfect addition to the front five of Nowitzki, Terry, Kidd, and Dampier. Maybe it is someone like Lebron that Dallas needs to bring home an NBA title.

I just have this dead reckoning that LeBron will stay with the Cavs. I mean it is his hometown team of all things.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
He will stay with the Cav's for the rest of his career, unfortunately for him as he will fall victim to the Cleveland Curse and never win a championship.

I've said it before he doesn't have the killer instinct like Jordan had or to a lesser extent, Kobe has. I also just don't believe Cleveland can get the players to surround him with a championship team.

Personally, if I were a GM, I wouldn't trade for a guy who laid eggs in the playoffs like LeBron just did.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The decision will be revealed on primetime television tonite...

never knew he was such a attention whore..

So... Cleveland? New York? Miami?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I still think he's gonna drop a Western Conference bomb on everybody.

The NBA, mainly through ESPN, has made a concerted effort to make sure Lebron stays in the East. Notice how all the suitors are Eastern Conference teams. They want the Kobe/Lebron matchup windfall in the finals to stay in place.

Lebron going to a Western Conference team would severely shift the NBA power structure talentwise. I think this is why it's being kept under wraps so tightly.

Peace

top topics

join