It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans have every right to be in California, and some other states

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm pretty sick of people blaming Mexicans for making their way back into the land that was stolen from them. Here's a bit of history for those of you who think the land always belonged to the U.S.:

About the US/Mexican War:

Joshua Giddings led a group of dissenters in Washington D.C. He called the war with Mexico "an aggressive, unholy, and unjust war," and voted against supplying soldiers and weapons. He said:
“ In the murder of Mexicans upon their own soil, or in robbing them of their country, I can take no part either now or here-after. The guilt of these crimes must rest on others. I will not participate in them.[23] ”
Fellow Whig Abraham Lincoln contested the causes for the war and demanded to know exactly where Thornton had been attacked and American blood shed. "Show me the spot," he demanded. Whig leader Robert Toombs of Georgia declared:
“ This war is nondescript.... We charge the President with usurping the war-making power... with seizing a country... which had been for centuries, and was then in the possession of the Mexicans.... Let us put a check upon this lust of dominion. We had territory enough, Heaven knew."[24]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beyondsense

I couldn't agree with you more, and truly see this as one more distraction dumped on people to make them blind and judgmental and divided, and one more way to get more karma dumped on more people just before the curtain is said to be coming up.....

Choose wisely everyone and stand still and stop reacting to the crapola they keep dumping on us. The coorporations are the ones who lured them away from their homes to work under the mininum wage, and they don't have enough to send home or even live at that so creates the black market. Its all done by design.

But they were here first, and the natives know no boundaries or borders. Stop reacting and just write to the leaders and say you know they're lying about everything and I renounce all your karma traps and everything you stand for. I choose love.

+41 more 
posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I thought this land belonged to the Native Americans?

You guys need to get your stories straight, who did those evil white people steal land from?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

Natives lived throughout the Americas, but the Mexicans, who are a mixture of both and many are still the natives, some Spanish, also were here, the main thing is: stop fighitng and hurting anyone.

The curtain is going to raise, so hand tptb back their karma and love everyone. Always!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Oooops sorry. I didnt mean to walk into your Black Panther party.. Im going to find a thread of someone that can tell the future or maybe chat with someone that was a Grey in a previous life. Lord knows im sick to death about all these Mexican/illegal alien/ racist threads.....

Goooooood bye!!!!

+35 more 
posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Funny how you forgot about the money that the United States paid after winning the war against Mexico. So they want it back, then I think that a fair compensation should be given by the country of Mexico to the United States of America, and a guarantee that none of their citizens will ever enter into the United States again illegally. I think a good 538823077 dollars in cash is for the land, plus compensation for the citizens here who want to move and repayment for all of the trouble and crimes that those who have caused done, so lets say a good round figure of about 14 trillion dollars in cash and gold should be enough for them to get what they want and we can redraw the boarders of both countries. Course then they will have to assume the protection and upkeep of all of the Native Americans on their reservations, and ensure to their safety and well being, as well as a guarantee of their soveriegn rights in the process, to include free passage between both countries and a hands off policy. Mind you that this does not include the state of Texas, as that was won in a war between Mexico and the Republic of Texas.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
very well thought out thread, but just wanted to ask a question. the thread
right below this one is mine but no one has visited it why is this? someone please answer the question i'm very curious

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Last time i checked, the land belongs to none other but the earth.

We can pretend we own it, but that's just being childish.

And the native Americans knew that. Their intention was protection, not production.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by gandhi]

+12 more 
posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondsense

I'm pretty sick of people blaming Mexicans for making their way back into the land that was stolen from them. Here's a bit of history for those of you who think the land always belonged to the U.S.:

About the US/Mexican War:

Joshua Giddings led a group of dissenters in Washington D.C. He called the war with Mexico "an aggressive, unholy, and unjust war," and voted against supplying soldiers and weapons. He said:
“ In the murder of Mexicans upon their own soil, or in robbing them of their country, I can take no part either now or here-after. The guilt of these crimes must rest on others. I will not participate in them.[23] ”
Fellow Whig Abraham Lincoln contested the causes for the war and demanded to know exactly where Thornton had been attacked and American blood shed. "Show me the spot," he demanded. Whig leader Robert Toombs of Georgia declared:
“ This war is nondescript.... We charge the President with usurping the war-making power... with seizing a country... which had been for centuries, and was then in the possession of the Mexicans.... Let us put a check upon this lust of dominion. We had territory enough, Heaven knew."[24]

Ha Ha Ha friggin Ha!
In War the victor win's that's why the loser is called the loser. With your analogy we should return to Europa and give the Mexicans their land back and hope that they will in turn give it back to the Native Americans. Oh by the way Spain should also let go of its claim of all central and south America and return it to it's former owners.

I got a Idea. You do it first. Take your property and turn it over. Come on show your dedication to your belief. Ha Ha Friggin Ha!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"Fellow Whig Abraham Lincoln"...uh, what? Nice job Giddings.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man

I thought this land belonged to the Native Americans?

You guys need to get your stories straight, who did those evil white people steal land from?

most mexicans are Indian/Native American. I think calling themselves Hispanic (because they speak Spanish) or Latino (Latin=Rome=??) just makes them feel better.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Talk about countries owing money...lol Cinco de Mayo was a battle that was fought against the French because the Mexicans defaulted on money owed to England and France.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

+6 more 
posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That land never belonged to them in their lifetime, so why the ? would they be entitled to it.

Get real!

+3 more 
posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The Irony of history...

Other than being occupied by native Americans for thousands of years prior, the Spanish held the region until the Mexican War of Independence. Albeit other European colonies existed.

The new Mexican congress attempted to throw-out all 'non-Mexicans', especially the Spanish born. Hmmm. Called them "illegals"..

Just like Spain 'ruled' the area and lost it, Mexico lost it as well...time to get over it.

mg

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by missed_gear

Forget it people use history as a means to back their case. They will not look at history no further than it suit's them. I think this old Spanish/American war thing could be resolved if they would just accept the fact "we won". We also beat the Brits should we give them back the East coast?....lol

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

That's probably one of the most pea-brained, narrow-minded responses I've seen around here. " ha ha ha friggin' ha"...are you 12? Remember, land belongs to NO ONE but mother earth and The One who created it. Its the delusion of human beings that think otherwise. So many lives have been slaughtered in pursuit of land domination. The original inhabitants of this "American" land were slaughtered for nothing. Look what they've done to it, turned it into a parking lot, a smog-infested parking lot.

OP...couldn't agree with you more on this. Its disgusting what America has become. S&F

And anyone who thinks Mexicans aren't descendant from the original Native Indians, pick up a book READ for a change, stop watching yoututbe videos and reading Wikipedia.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I'm pretty sick of people blaming Americans for keeping the mexicans out of their native land

After all, it was their fault for LOSING!!

You sir, are aa fine ATS member.

The last time I checked, the U.S./mexican war was in 1847, roughly 163 years ago.

Also, the last time I checked, nobody crossing the border was roughly 180 years old.

NEWS FLASH!!!!!

It's not their country. Maybe their great-great grandfathers, but not theirs.

Why don't you move to Kentucky, you'll fit right in with the Hatfields and McCoys

[Nothing against respectable Kentuckians]

Peace

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Last time I checked we paid for it. That's fair and square IMO.

What about all those other Indians still here in "mexican" territory. You know the Hopi, Utes, Shoshone, Apache, would they be able to stay?

BTW most Mexicans are of Aztec and Mayan descent, those were tribes from what is now Mexico and southern New Mexico and Arizona (Aztec).

For goodness sakes we can't change what our ancestors did 150 years ago. The US owns the land now get over it.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

It's their fault for loosing an unprovoked war????? I believe, you sir, are the idiot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join