It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kundalini Energy...What is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hi all ATSers,

I thought i would provide some info on Kundalini Energy seeing as it is of great interest to me.

Here is a brief synopsis of what Kundalini is according to Wikipedia:

"Kundalini (kuṇḍalinī, Sanskrit: कुण्डलिनी) literally means coiled. In Indian yoga, a "corporeal energy" - an unconscious, instinctive or libidinal force or Shakti, lies coiled at the base of the spine. It is envisioned either as a goddess or else as a sleeping serpent hence a number of English renderings of the term such as 'serpent power'. The Kundalini resides in the sacrum bone in three and a half coils and has been described as a residual power of pure desire."

To give you a more visual image of Kundalini please see the following pictures:

farm3.static.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...
www.terrestrialparadise.com...
www.crystalinks.com...

In my opinion and research i found that Kundalini Energy is the most oldest and sacred form of meditation know to mankind at the present moment in time.

If you look at the following picture you will see that even in ancient egypt this energy was prevelent amongst some of the ancient egyptian elders. This is also a good link for further reading on the subject from an ancient egyptian stand point.

www.crystalinks.com...

Please see the following videos for a quick and an indepth breakdown of Kundalini Energy:

Commentry provided by Alan Watts

This is a more comprehensive breakdown from Yogi Swami Rama so rather than posting all the episodes please follow the youtube links that appear to follow up from part 1 (provided).

This is a song about Kundalini which i wrote and produced and is my take on the subject matter

So i thought i would share some of my research into Kundalini with you, hoepfully it gives you a better understanding of what Kundalini is and that it is in fact and ancient tradition which i believe is at the root of all religions and secret societies in the world.

It is the gateway to the third eye, eye of horus, all seeing eye and so on.
It is the serpent of wisdom in the garden of eden
It is the Cuduceas which appears on Ambulances and medicine
It is the way for mankind to evolve and become enlightened beings

In saying this it is also important to mention that some Yogi who have practiced this form of meditation for many years have not experience Kundalini Energy, Yet some ordinary people who have never heard of it have had Kundalini awakening experiences.

It is a mystical energy which i believe allowed all the great prophets to be connected to god.

It is my belief that The Christ Consciousness is only obtained by raising Kundalini to the point that the serpent in the base of your spine is awakened and travels up through the chakras and finally out through your pienial gland thus allowing you to obtain your third eye.

Please feel free to comment and post question as you wish.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Spirit777]

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Spirit777]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
May relate to Psi , Chi , Kai or another mentally manipulated energy.

After looking at the images I am certain this to Be CHI energy with a diffrent name

[edit on 9-5-2010 by LittleMaster]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think you are on the correct path but i believe there is a difference between the two. Please see the following from the linked site:

www.eecs.berkeley.edu...

What is the difference between prana and kundalini? What is the difference between qi (or chi) and kundalini?

First let us try to relate to concepts from the same tradition - prana and kundalini. Prana has been translated as the ``vital breath'' and ``bio-energetic motility''; it is associated with maintaining the functioning of the mind and body. Kundalini, in its form as prana-kundalini, is identical to prana ; however, Kundalini also has a manifestations as consciousness and a as a unifying cosmic energy. One could ascribe these same aspects to prana as well so past a certain point these become distinctions without differences.

From the subjective standpoint of an individual actually experiencing the awakening of kundalini I have found three completely different opinions:
The first opinion is that a pranic awakening is only a prelude to a full kundalini awakening. Tibetan yogins that I have encountered consider the activation of prana (Tibetan: rlung) as merely a prerequisite for the activation of kundalini (Tibetan: gTummo). What's attractive about this viewpoint is that it explains the difference between the experience of simply having pleasant sensations in the spine and the much more powerful experience of having a ``freight-train''-like full kundalini experience.
The second opinion, espoused by Swami Shivom Tirth for example, is that prana and kundalini are absolutely equivalent and that it is not meaningful in any way to describe a difference between kundalini rising and prana rising. When posed with question as to how to distinguish between pleasant sensations that show some pranic-activity in the spine and the much more powerful experience Swami Shivom Tirth said that the difference is not in the nature of the activity but in the consciousness that observes it. If the consciousness that experiences the pranic activity is seated within the spine (or more correctly, the central channel, known as the sushumna), then the experience is felt much more powerfully.
The third opinion, espoused by the modern hatha yogin, Desikaran, is that pranic awakening is the true experience to be aimed for and kundalini is actually an obstruction. Desikaran sees the kundalini as a block in the central channel and thus the kundalini must be ``killed'' to make way for the prana. This is the most unusual view of the three.

The Chinese concept of qi (or chi) can be safely identified with the Indian concept of prana.

If all this seems confusing - don't worry, you're in good company. My conclusion is that these are all different terminologies for dealing with a common set of experiences. Any one of these viewpoints is adequate for describing the full range of experiences. What is probably more relevant is to distinguish two different experiences which are often confused. In one an individual experiences some pleasant energizing electric energy running along the spine. This experience itself brings about a wide range of experiences and results in vitality and sensitivity. Another very distinct experience is the experience of kundalini entering the sushumna and rising up the spine. As soon as kundalini enters the sushumna this experience will completely overwhelm ordinary waking consciousness. From the moment that kundalini enters the sushumna there will no longer be a distrinction between the subjective consciousness which experiences and the object of experience. This experience much more profoundly transfigures consciousness.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This energy appears to be a mix of CHI and soul. Soul is a relatively unexplored energy , it is a mix will and determination .

The serpent seems to link me to a darker side , maybe a channel of negative emotions.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
of related interest ...

JESUS, THE MONAD & KUNDALINI

www.livingepistles.org...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleMaster
This energy appears to be a mix of CHI and soul. Soul is a relatively unexplored energy , it is a mix will and determination .

The serpent seems to link me to a darker side , maybe a channel of negative emotions.

I thought the same until i experienced it's beauty. In saying this i agree it is the more obscure or occult aspect of raising chi energies.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
of related interest ...

JESUS, THE MONAD & KUNDALINI

www.livingepistles.org...

I have read about the links to Christ Consciousness and Kundalini from a Theosophical stand point and this link really goes into depth on the subject. Many thanks for the link.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The thing that bothers me is why cant it be measured if it is so prevalent.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777

You're welcome, and that's another side of things. It's not a light topic at all. At all.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
The thing that bothers me is why cant it be measured if it is so prevalent.

Great question!

Honestly i do not know the answer.

Perhaps technology will one day catch up with metaphysics and provide some clues.

Personally in my experience of Kundalini it is not something that can be explained. To do so only dilutes the experience.

What i can say is from my experience there is no closer way of being in commune with our creator.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Partially because its a vector zero resultant. Also becuase instruments have not been made to measure such a fundamental energy, if you look at all the forces of electromagnatism, gravity, strong and weak nuclear force as stemming from this fundamental aether energy..it has kinda been measured but not in its base form...its the missing link stopping our theories of everything and mainstream scientists dont think aether exists partially because they instantly think of 19th and early 20th century aether which is different to how the word is used today.

Its effect can be seen in zpe or casmir effect, but the consciousness related form is more fundamental than any of its physical manifestantions.

All energies stem from the one, we can trace basic forces and energies back but mainstream science has yet to admit the one base linkup between everything...kundalini is a form of this energy. Its a loving warm energy that has a frequency, raise the frequency and compassion, healing, love all become more prevelent.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
this is how i understand it:

kundalini (the rainbow serpent) is the life-force that comes from the heart of our true Mother (Earth or Matter or energy-as-work), through our spinal column/chakra centers/endocrine glands, all the way up to the forehead...

where it meets the white light life-source from our true Father (Heaven or Spirit or energy-as-thought) that some see as a silver thread or cord...

this convergence takes place in the third eye - the pineal gland - whose shape is like that of the glass prisms we are all familiar with...

when the rainbow and the silver cord meet through in the metaphysically magical reflection/refraction factory of the pineal gland, it is the same phenomenon that we see when white light is refracted through a prism and makes a rainbow by separating all the colors - only in reverse!

pineal sounds like Peniel, one of the archangels (often called by several other names, however)
Peniel is the one who *wrestled* with Jacob all night at the river Jabbok and who, in the morning, gave Jacob the name of Israel.

Peniel means "the face of GOD/face to face GOD"

so the pineal gland is where, within each of us, the two halves of the Universal GOD meet, face to face.

Father GOD and Mother GOD
as above, so below

------------------

there are all sorts of ways proposed to bring about the rising of the rainbow serpent sent out by our true Mother.

HOWEVER, there is but one way the snake arises and that is by command of its source, the Mother shared by all.

the only way to be fit as guardian of the unfurled spectral serpent, in the eyes of our Mother, is to remove all obstacles to its unfurling, conscientiously, consciously, and patiently.

obstacles are negative thoughts/memories/instincts
such as:
grudges
resentments
blame-placements
unresolved hurt
unforgiven injuries and harm, regardless of whether intentional or not
judgments of others, of any kind or for any reason
etc.

the simple way to go about this is to
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF
LOVE YOUR ENEMIES, TOO

anything else will bring on incomplete and/or transient/temporary effects.
it isn't something within our own command until it is given to us

some have called it the baptism of the holy spirit - and it all depends on where one views things from - the East or the West

either way, its always the same in nature and operation.

GOD never changes
be it a he or a she

p
e
a
c
e
!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

The capacity to measure is imperatively anchored in the capacity to perceive. It is certainly possible to have quantitative and qualitative measures of such vitalities, though no such capacity, it seems, has been invented yet -- other than attempting to do so by actually raising one's own kundalini.

The existence of something does not depend upon one's capacity to perceive it, though perceiving it more effective, if at all, is important in the maturation of volitional evolutionary excellence.

To start, the base of the spine -- the usual resting place of the kulakundalini -- is the fundamental point of negativity, a charge in polarities, while the top of the spinal flow, the sahashrara chakra is the fundamental point of positivity. If one were to think of the construction of a sphere, a tantrika, an intuitive, a geometrist and an engineer would all think or have in mind the continuties constructing such a form and the operative principles by which it operates. Trace back from the fourth to the third to the second to the first dimension then to the dimensionless point from which all that imminated.

When the fourth dimension finds fuller expression, "vital airs" evolve, and from such vital airs sentiments arise, a sense of self developes, geophysically anchored in the centricity of the axial spin of a sphere, to use the form as a generic rendering of the manifestation of third and fourth dimensions. As sentiments evolve, and operate within an entity, even if it seems to be inanimate, such as a virus, the operation of these sentiments give rise to a more conspicusouly present individuated mind.

The polarity of the two ends of the column -- the spine in vertebrates -- operates an alternating current of energy up and down the spine, and the spine is the central realm for the operation of vital airs within the body, more exactingly anchored in the systolis of the chakra within the fourth chakra, the pranindrya, as demonstrated by the functionalities of the heart and lungs.

The flow of the kulakundalini through the shushumna cannal within the spine is exactly the same as it is for an electron along a copper wire. Ask a traditionally trained electrician why an electron or an electron's energy passes along the wire, they'll tell you it is because of a precursory wave of receptivity which predicates the electron's capability to move along the wire. The shushumna is the precursory wave predicating the capacity of the kulakundalini to rise along the spine on its way to its desideratum, the sahashrara chakra.

At the base of the spine are the propensities of the struggle to survive and longing for infinity. No matter how ignorant an entity may be, each of those propensities are operative sentiments driving the lives of living beings. Raising the kulakundalini may be esteemed by some as a mechanical experience as they expect nothing more than entertainment to be involved, and they will as much as prefer a device to do their work for them rather than do any of it themselves. I can assure you only love and longing for unification will raise one's kundalini. Any mechanics operative in fulfilling such success will occur naturally and will never ever require the approval a "scientist" with instruments to generate, prepare for, nor acheive. Such dispositions, as with any such priest class venue, are nothing more than predatious cannibalism.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Mystical Sadhu]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystical Sadhu
To start, the base of the spine -- the usual resting place of the kulakundalini -- is the fundamental point of negativity, a charge in polarities, while the top of the spinal flow, the sahashrara chakra is the fundamental point of positivity.

just quoting that one little part so you'll know what i'm saying THANK YOU for!

duh!
i should be hitting my forehead with the heel of my hand, saying i shoulda had a V-8!
how elementary and simple and yet elusive.

it makes perfect sense to me because i think of the root as the Mother and the crown as the Father and i've always thought of HER as negative polarity/yin/deep darkness and HE as positive polarity/yang/brilliant light

The flow of the kulakundalini through the shushumna cannal within the spine is exactly the same as it is for an electron along a copper wire. Ask a traditionally trained electrician why an electron or an electron's energy passes along the wire, they'll tell you it is because of a precursory wave of receptivity which predicates the electron's capability to move along the wire. The shushumna is the precursory wave predicating the capacity of the kulakundalini to rise along the spine on its way to its desideratum, the sahashrara chakra.

i can actually see this in my mind's eye as i read your description!

I can assure you only love and longing for unification will raise one's kundalini.

YES!!!!

thank you for telling it like it is - i say the same thing but it seems to fall on deaf ears more often than not.

it is good to know, though, that another is promoting the truth from personal experience!
what better guide could there be?

P
E
A
C
E

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Hello, my dear goddess Annie, I hope all is well for your family in every realm of life. While I'm new to ATS, I find so very many of the posts and replies very right-on and demonstrative of intelligence and articulate skills. I must say that, in the general world, and some forums presumptive of interests in alternative science, truth in governance, paranormal and metaphysics, I experience the exact same as you. People may have a quandry about something yet once a solution is provided -- one that necessitates action -- they prove to be ensconced in, at best, a post-CroMagnonic stupor of knucle-dragging muladhara scratching stink-finger boogy.

I pray for them, that they too will awaken to our species and their part in it -- as well as straighten up, wash their hands and mind

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Mystical Sadhu]

top topics

join