It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megalithic stones and stone use all over the ancient world, why ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AquaTim84

i interviewed him as well.
thestargates.com...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

That sketch was made by John Gardner Wilkinson, a historian from the 19th century.

Just Google Djehutihotep, and you'll get a bunch of hits, many will feature the picture.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread King Loki.
It is my understanding that the ancients employed mental energies tto accomplish such seemingly impossible tasks.
If it was the ETs with technology, there should be some artifical materials to be found at these sites.
since it is scattered all over, the planet, it would be my understanding that, it was one race of ancients, that did this.

Cheers

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

does he mention where it's from?
like, is he claiming he sketched it from a wall in a building in egypt?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

King Loki, all I can say is MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!, what wonderful work, and one of my favorite topics, which I could S&F a thousand times- great work

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

That particular drawing is by the fellow, he passed on several years ago and there are others, though not as sharp. The actual relief is in Deir El Bersha
Here is a link to a small picture of the relief itself.

I'll keep looking, but I'm not seeing a good close up of the picture itself.

Here is a thread in a older forum about the image.
Neat but short, and shows some of the other drawings by other historians of the time.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

3)? Harmonics possibly?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
two megalith that are missing from the list and will never be found is Atlantis and also the Pillars of Hercules.

I mentioned one thread about megaliths and how they were made by Alien existence. Then this thread pops up. I sure for one didn't know about the one in Japan. I knew they found a huge underground Japanese temple under Japan awhile back. I always also have a funny feeling the Annunaki are the creators of these. They were giants after all.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

A Megalith is a large stone used in construction. Megalithic is the structure itself.
How is it you would classify Atlantis under that category?

There is a structure called Yonigumo off the coast of Japan, that's considered to be artificial by some.
Likely it's natural, though it's possible it was worked by man at some point. The stone that makes it up is a type that breaks of in fracture lines. (For us juveniles out there, rocks have cleavage.)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by dragnet53

A Megalith is a large stone used in construction. Megalithic is the structure itself.
How is it you would classify Atlantis under that category?

There is a structure called Yonigumo off the coast of Japan, that's considered to be artificial by some.
Likely it's natural, though it's possible it was worked by man at some point. The stone that makes it up is a type that breaks of in fracture lines. (For us juveniles out there, rocks have cleavage.)

Well Atlantis was created by "Poseidon" aka Enki who was an Anunnaki. They were the ones Zecharia Sitchin states created the Giza Pyramids. But I am just going by Sitchin and a few others did research on.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

if this is the one i'm thinking about, that's not the relief itself. that's still the guy's sketch of it. i may be thinking of a different one. i'll see if i can dig it up, as i think it was posted here on ats a few years ago

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Y'might be right. It's my understanding the relief doesn't much resemble what it used to, but that image is still very clear.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Well Atlantis was created by "Poseidon" aka Enki who was an Anunnaki. They were the ones Zecharia Sitchin states created the Giza Pyramids. But I am just going by Sitchin and a few others did research on.

Poseidon was not "AKA" Enki. Originally he was a Mycenaean God, who previous to his adoption by the Greeks, started out as a earth god. His came from "Earth Shaker".

Stitchin did not do much research, he claims to have translated one seal that supports his book, which from my understanding is one no one else agrees with the translation.
Please note: In order to understand and translate ancient languages, it is not needed to go to college and study, or work for a historical program, you can pick up learning aids to assist you in learning to read them.

There is much more evidence that the pyramids were created by man than aliens. That they didn't use advanced technology, but the tools they had at the time, which included a work force that had very little to do for six months out of the year as the Nile river flooded the fields of land they used to grow their crops.

Keep in mind, the pyramids as Giza were not the first of their kind, and while the largest, were not the last.

If you want to go around literally interpreting myths and legends, I prefer the one where Anansi sung the world into creation.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by RuneSpider]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thanks King Loki and others for a great read. Really brightened an otherwise dreary, rainy Sunday morning.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
here's a nice panoramic movie of it, you can move around the tomb by dragging inside the picture, so you can see the wall with the image. it's on the left wall
www.arts.kuleuven.be...

the figure of the pharaoh is missing.

an extremely interesting post by Zorgon on the subject of the ropes used to pull the stones:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here's the NOVA write up on an attempt to do what the egyptologists claim the pic in d's tomb supposedly shows
www.pbs.org...

there's not one good pic of that mural that i've found. hopefully someone can find a good photograph of the actual thing

here's one of my favorite sites on the subject:

ANCIENT EGYPTIAN STONE TECHNOLOGY
www.theglobaleducationproject.org...
www.theglobaleducationproject.org...

^now THAT guy is interesting.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by undo]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Poseidon was not "AKA" Enki. Originally he was a Mycenaean God, who previous to his adoption by the Greeks, started out as a earth god. His came from "Earth Shaker".

Stitchin did not do much research, he claims to have translated one seal that supports his book, which from my understanding is one no one else agrees with the translation.
Please note: In order to understand and translate ancient languages, it is not needed to go to college and study, or work for a historical program, you can pick up learning aids to assist you in learning to read them.

There is much more evidence that the pyramids were created by man than aliens. That they didn't use advanced technology, but the tools they had at the time, which included a work force that had very little to do for six months out of the year as the Nile river flooded the fields of land they used to grow their crops.

Keep in mind, the pyramids as Giza were not the first of their kind, and while the largest, were not the last.

If you want to go around literally interpreting myths and legends, I prefer the one where Anansi sung the world into creation.

LOL You must believe everything MSM tells you?

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but MSM also told us back in the day in 10,ooo BC that all we had were stone tools.

But here is the guy's research that I was talking about as well.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

thank you for the first link! I'll have to wait until I have my home computer to view it, the plug in is blocked here at work.

As for the link about the saw marks, I'll have to spend some time looking for it, but I believe there was a remark of finding evidence of bronze in the tool marks,t hough it may not have been the saws.
I remember being involved in a thread on it a while back, but I can't remember which one.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, I don't believe they simply choose to build big things with stones because it is a stout material. Neither do I believe there was any global society in the ancient past. But the choice to build from stone was a very conscious one I believe. Stones are virtually eternal, they will pretty much last forever. By building whatever you want with stones you're guaranteed it will remain there for a loooong time, I think it could be seen as a symbol for eternity.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but MSM also told us back in the day in 10,ooo BC that all we had were stone tools.

First, no.

Secondly, yes, yes they did, and still do. 10,000 years ago would put you near the middle of the Stone age.

Now, I can't view Youtube at work, but sometime when I get home, if I have the time tonight, i'll take a look.

Now, let me ask you, how much time have YOU spent looking into the subject.
I actually enjoy reading about Stitchin, Graham Hancock, and Von daniken.
As well as past fringe folks, like Mark Lehner or Zahi Hawass, and more specfific studies on the various cultures themselves.

I have a very general knowledge of the various time periods, which I am improving at a glacial rate.
I can see why certain people are wrong.
As well as people like Von Daniken, who was caught hoaxing some of his artifacts, and Hancock who has printed some retractions on some of his earlier statements, including n the age of the pyramids.

Edit:
Normally I type very little, but I got a newc offee pot and it works really well.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

First, no.

Secondly, yes, yes they did, and still do. 10,000 years ago would put you near the middle of the Stone age.

Now, I can't view Youtube at work, but sometime when I get home, if I have the time tonight, i'll take a look.

Now, let me ask you, how much time have YOU spent looking into the subject.
I actually enjoy reading about Stitchin, Graham Hancock, and Von daniken.
As well as past fringe folks, like Mark Lehner or Zahi Hawass, and more specfific studies on the various cultures themselves.

I have a very general knowledge of the various time periods, which I am improving at a glacial rate.
I can see why certain people are wrong.
As well as people like Von Daniken, who was caught hoaxing some of his artifacts, and Hancock who has printed some retractions on some of his earlier statements, including n the age of the pyramids.

Edit:
Normally I type very little, but I got a newc offee pot and it works really well.

How much knowledge I have? I have plenty, but I have very little time. I have also love ancient civilizations as well. If you really think ancient man did these with Pullies and rope. Then please explain it too me. Show me evidence and not theory. Show me the drag trails they drag tohse 100 ton slabs all the way from a 5 mile mining area.

I have read all those people you mention as well as Lloyd Pye stuff. Lloyd Pye has made some great research. But people are so naive that humans are the top of the heap in the universe that it clouds their minds.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join