It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rant... About Health Care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
:bnghd:

That about sums up my current issue with health care.

After having mine canceled due to some really obscure clause, I ended up injuring myself, not really that big a deal, I can still breathe and I can still function (sort-of), but after the events in my life recently (the debate forum people know all about it) I have been left pretty much stripped dry of any extra funds to pay for arbitrary visits to a local doctors office.

Make a long story short and what really peeves me. I made the stupid decision to move an old 26 inch television about 100 feet out the door and to the trash. No it wasn't a flat panel, it was an old CRT style monster.. I heard the pop in my back as I got it halfway to it's destination, I kept going, filled with rage at the thing dying, and after well, you get the picture, OUCH..

So I went a few days thinking it would get better on it's own with some tender loving care and not a lot of movement, WRONG, so I ended up hobbling into the local ER. They were the nice ones, courteous, professional, did what they could to make me comfy until I could get to a clinic they reccomended that handled people without you guessed it Health Insurance, that's where it got bad.

"Your blood pressure isn't high enough for you to be in any significant pain, and I can tell you right now, we don't look happily on scammers here, please leave"

My blood pressure normally runs low, around 110/75, and that day it was up at 125/88 which for me, is high, but to be called a scammer, even though I had the xray in hand that showed an injury, and the ER report, my god... When I went to complain about the treatment, I got the patent answer that they get loads of people every day faking injuries just to get drugs to sell to get other drugs, and some other BS like that.

Luckily for me, I kept my temper, and started on a call campaign to see if anyone in the area would see me, and sure enough a doctor will see me Friday from another office, as a courtesy to me (My mother and he worked together for many years) but the principle of the matter is, if we have such great health care in this country, how do people get treated like this when they are genuinely sick? And quite honestly I dont' think Obamacare is going to fix this type of treatment, I think it's going to make it worse, more denial of service when it doesn't fit some black and white rulebook.

Am I just nuts or what?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I was in a simmilar situation. I never got it. The only thing i can think of is that I in no way am overweight and am young so the amount of people in my age bracket that get back problems is probably low. My back went out once a few years ago, the doctor told me that it was common for IV drug users to get this kind of back problem due to a certian type of bacteria that accumilates in the lower back. I laughed and then i saw he was not joking, i just left the office. My mom was equally pissed and went in 10 min latter and said the EXACT thing i said, she got perscribed a small pharmacy.
In retrospect if you want your money and tax dollars worth go to a county hospital and say you are an illegal alien. I do not know if they really get free healthcare like people rant about but it may be worth a try
"Good hi me am Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili my back no good hurt much bad, you help we?"

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

mine is a simple little disc rupture.. Doctor says that it will, with some rest and tlc get better over the course of a month or two, thankfully.

I'm just so fuming over the fact that in this country, medical professionals (not the doctor i ended up seeing, he was incredible) can be so cruel to patients, I thought they all took some oath or something not to do harm.

new topics

join