It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT kills two dogs in front of children during a house raid over a marijuana posession.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
the officers should be prosecuted for felony animal cruelty, but they won't be.

And the drug laws in the country are beyond ridiculous (no I don't use). the war on drugs is worse than a failure, it is a propagation of class warfare that has produced violence where there would be none, produced war where there would be none, and terrorized non violent civilians for decades.

Will it end? of course not, it's all about the money they make and the property they steal in the name of "law".

There are so many posters on this site that have recently become afraid of government overstepping their bounds and ignoring the constitution. Well, guess what, they've been doing it for many decades, since before most of you were born. It's not new, just a continuation of what the cowardly majority has allowed them to do for a long long time. You don't like what's happening now with government? It's because you never spoke up about these indecent laws and perpetrators of this kind of domestic terror in the name of "government".

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
More victims of the failed war on drugs. Too bad we do not spend as much money to make war on poverty.

The DEA depends on the illegality of marijuana for their paychecks.

Marijuana hurts nobody......until you make it illegal.

If a dog is not coming at you or somebody with you, you have no right to kill it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Cage:
An enclosing structure.

The house was enclosed.

Therefore all living beings inside the house were caged within it.

Want to play word games?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

LOL dang dude, I like you, you're alright!
I like scrabble n crosswords!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Cowardly cops...makes one want to puke. Of course the subhuman stormtroopers will probably get a medal for their heinous crimes...they always get away with force...all they say is ' drugs' and think they can kill, maim, injure...anything their twisted minds want...and no repurcussions.

I predict one day that this nation will be in such a state that no cop would dare to do this kind of outrageous abuse...the people will simply eliminate the ones who go too far, and the rest learn a lesson. But before that can happen, the average person must be sickened enough to be repulsed by this awful behavior and be willing to stop it no matter what.

I hope and pray that every cop that had a hand in that raid gets sued...and fired, and charged...but that won't happen. The system is not set up to get justice...and that is why on day I predict citizen involment in stopping such nonsense. make it so expensive and dealy to abuse the People and it will stop. Right now they profit from it, and no one stops their sick rampages...but I will be SO gleeful one day when I read about justice being done to them...and it will happen.

Shooting little dogs...big bad cops...real men huh? Not! Scared cowards that hide behind their tarnished badges while they rampage thru the decent peoples lives...and all for personal use pot....these sick cops will have to answer one day...and I pray they pay dearly.

+3 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
They shot the first dog only 8 seconds after announcing they were there, NOBODY CALLED ANYONE TO RESTRAIN THE DOGS BEFORE THEY SHOT.
Im floored..

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Hello,
This marijuana being illegal is an out-right injustice. How many more lives will be paid? And for what reason?

The line is crossed when a life is not taken into consideration, and spent for some bureaucratic nonsense.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
All that for misdemeanor charges!!!

Are you serious, Those SWAT GUYS need better info my god!

They served a Night entry warrent for Narcotics, and didn't do any intel on the house? That being they were expecting pounds of the stuff, not grams.

Isn't their jobs to know the details of whats in the house?

So no drugs, lets shoot the dogs...

I'd sure love to be that defense lawyer, that video is going to do the Columbia police no good!

Damn thugs...It is disgusting and revolting to let this go unpunished!

+12 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Man, I'm sorry but this is terrible.

I honestly am appalled to see ANYONE defend these cops.

What does the cage have anything to do with this? Two dogs were shot. One died as a result.

If you watch the video again, the first knock - AKA the first attempt the cops give at making their presence known - is at 0:30 seconds.

The first dog bark is at the same time, which is normal dogs hear very well and always bark RIGHT away when someone comes to the door. I'd say anyone that has ever had a dog is aware of this. The dog could have barked after hearing the officer drop his riot shield onto the lawn.

The door is opened at 0:40 seconds. That is ten seconds since the family inside has had any clue that someone is at their front door.

Its hard to tell which family member opens the door, presumably the wife or kid. Actually, I'm not sure they did even open the door, coulda just been busted in... TEN SECONDS... how long does it take you guys to get the door? Its 8:30 at night... what if they were cooking? and anyways... its only been ten seconds.. what if they would have waited 5 more for a response??? The dogs would be alive, kids wouldn't of been traumatized, etc. etc..

There is a loud knock as the police officer in the front kicks or harshly knocks the door wide open at 0:41.

Then, this is really amazing I can't believe ANYONE thinks this is ok..

Shot fired at 0:42.

The door was barely open.

Imagine being inside that house, with your family.

Hearing a knock, then one of your family members going to the door... 5 seconds... 9 seconds.. the door opens, loud knock then BLAM! gunshot and your dog yelps... you aren't even aware at that time your dog has been shot(because you are probably not in the living room, he was spreaded at the end of the hallway)...

Then your other dog starts barking to high heaven because he knows somethin ain't right...

Anyone in their right mind can see this is not right.

The commands for the squad are then issued, 'gogogo! get through the door!'

0:44-45 "POLICE DEPT DONT MOVE!! x3

0:49 second shot fired. another dog yelp...

0:50 loud clamor, dog yelping and PDDM!!, SHTF

~0:55 suspect is on floor end of hallway

1:04 3-4 more rounds are shot
I don't know, apparently the dogs weren't shot on the first 2 shots?!
Is this when the second dog is shot?! something is not right damnit. 5 shots fired within 35 seconds of the family knowing someone was at their front step.

~1:20 wife and kid are probably told to get out of the bedroom, or whatever room at end of hall, 3, independent impatient rude cops yell in their face to MOVE PAST HIM! (because he is spread eagle on the floor at the end of the hallway)

~1:30 officer yells at the suspect on the ground to 'put your hands behind your back!'. suspect puts his hands on the top of his head(MUCH MORE EASY TO DO UNDER STRESS, AND LAYING FACE FIRST ON THE GROUND) which prompts the impatient asshole of a cop to kick him and reiterate the order again 'PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK!!'

~1:40 some officer says 'we got another injured one'(referring to the dogs they shot point blank invading a private home at 8:30 in the evening, using 5 shots
in under a minute) to which the dazed suspect barely can grasp that his dogs have been shot... 'injured... what... whats injured?! whats happening?!'

And I'm done analyzing it... what a pile of sh!t.

A close analysis reveals absolutely NO evidence of this:

These people heard the cops say: call your dog off. They did not.

watched the video. They said for the dogs to be called off.

The first shot was fired immediately when the door was opened. 12 seconds after the family heard a knock. So, when exactly did these cops ask for the dogs to be called off? In between the knock on the door and the first shot?! I think not...

Imagine if these cops had waited a minute at the door... or even 30 seconds...

All of this would not have happened. It is hard to tell if the cops broke in, or the door was answered.

But if it was answered... WTF man. WTF either way. Couldn't someone have come to the door and talked about it? If they thought they were gonna run, the cops coulda put a guy or two to the back of the house or whatever..

EPIC FAIL by these policemen... unreal.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It takes a lot to make me cry, and this did it instantly. I too would kill someone who did something like this, and be totally justified. These cops violated these children's memories for the rest of their lives. I think this guy should be allowed to go to the cop's home and kill something they love. This has got to stop.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I just want to make it clear; I don't like what the cops did to the dogs here, I think they're a bunch of douchbag cowards for what they did.

I was just trying to dig up some real news articles on this incident so we could find out the back story on this video. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any reference to the dog being in a cage in any of the articles I found.

I noticed that the camera does a quick pan into the kitchen where the dog was killed but, it's to quick and blurry to make out any details. Not saying there wasn't any cage but, none of the news sources seem to back this up.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I want to reiterate how moot the point of the cage is...

Frankly, it doesn't matter the whole rest of this video is terrible enough.

We wouldn't know unless the forensic photos were released or the suspect went on record and stated it was in a cage.

After watching closely, it is just too hard to tell. There could be a cage, there could not have been.

But again, it doesn't even matter.

Bump.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Where is the conclusion "dogs were caged" drawn from?

I doubt the dog was caged.

I mean, a drug user and possible seller, cages his guardian pitbull at night INSIDE his home?

Yeah, right.

I can't even get the owners of some pitbulls around my area to keep them on a leash when they bring them to a park. They prefer to run over and try and leash them if they see you have a dog coming. Some are trying to quickly leash three dogs they admittedly describe as unfriendly.

I find the cage claim to be highly dubious, but if it is true I'd be surprised.

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Cage:
An enclosing structure.

The house was enclosed.

Therefore all living beings inside the house were caged within it.

So the whole family and the officers were caged?

Hilarious.

- Lee

[edit on 5-5-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
That video is disgusting and anyone who tries to make a justification for what those rotten scumbag cops did should walk a mile in this families shoes.

Being woken up in the dead of sleep to stormtroopers raiding your home, firing guns around woman and small children, shooting a Corgi for crying out loud. And they didnt show any regret or remorse or apology for their cruel actions.

And for what? A marijuana pipe with resin? Less than a gram of weed? A real win win case for these ace detectives. They sure busted that creep
Someone should get a medal for such a magnificent bust, a real John Gotti they took down.

Law or now law, you break into my home, terrify my kids and shoot my dogs, you had better pray that the judge puts me away for life because I would spend the next 50 years figuring out ways to make your life a living nightmare.

And they wonder why people can't stand the damn police. Murdering cutthroats and criminals they are. There are no more friendly, trusted neighborhood cops on the beat. Just a bunch of psychopaths ready to cause harm to anything beneath their jack boot.

This isn't the country I grew up in. When evil like this is passed off as due process of law then this place has gone straight to hell.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
We had to shoot a dog last year on a NO KNOCK warrant. The officer that shot the dog had no choice, but this was a TOTALLY different situation then what I watched. I wasn't there, but having been on SWAT for 6 of my 9 years in LE, I am VERY familiar with dogs in residences and how we handle them. If you don't have to shoot the dog, DON'T. Growling and acting aggressive isn't BEING aggressive, plus the liability of firing rounds inside the house over a POSSIBLE aggressive dog isn't worth it. Less lethal rounds are an option as well and have been used successfully on pets...considering some of the houses I have raided had not just dogs but panthers and lynx cats..lol...drug dealers love their exotic stuff.

Just so you know we shot a pit bull with stainless steel implants for K9 teeth, and the drug dealer who owned him only had him for attack/flush delay purposes. Watching this video and again having experience with dogs on many search warrants, it appears the dog wasn't caged since they shot the dog as they entered the house, then it sounds like the wounded dog took off to another room/section of the house.

Bottom line is this. The warrant was a knock and announce and it appeared to me they only did a single entry with NO perimeter set up...that means they weren't worried about him flushing the dope, which tells me this isn't a big bust or they are not experienced in dealing with big time pushers as the bathroom window is ALWAYS covered by a team member. There are soooo many ways to execute a search warrant, and so many tactical ways to handle situations that unless your there its hard to point fingers. Did they need to shoot the dogs....by their entry and what I saw on film by their tactics/approach...probably not.

By the way, either their CI sucks...or they are terrible at communicating with their narcotics guys, because IF someone has that much dope and you want to move on it...99% of the time you will move on it WHILE the CI or UC is inside or right after he/she walks out....

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

I hope this family sues that police department for so much money that those cops spend the rest of their pathetic lives sweating their ass off working in a Wendys drive thru window, just so they can relinquish every cent they make.

And thats after they get done serving their sentences for felony animal cruelty and domestic acts of terror.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

ok rcw..i know you are a cop..i have read a lot of your posts,but still, in that video, do you see any reason for swat to shoot his dogs? i mean really see a reason? bah..i wanna love you guys for what you do..but this just hurts my heart

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
ok rcw..i know you are a cop..i have read a lot of your posts,but still, in that video, do you see any reason for swat to shoot his dogs? i mean really see a reason? bah..i wanna love you guys for what you do..but this just hurts my heart

As I said in my post, they probably DIDN'T need to shoot the dogs from what I saw on the video. Can I say with 100% certainty, NO...only because i wasn't there and making a decision WITHOUT being on scene is just not right, no matter if its cops, people, etc...who are the ones in question. I can ONLY go by what I see and relate MY experiance to it....and as of right now, I would be leaning to NO, don't shoot the dogs.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I hope this family sues that police department for so much money that those cops spend the rest of their pathetic lives sweating their ass off working in a Wendys drive thru window, just so they can relinquish every cent they make.

And thats after they get done serving their sentences for felony animal cruelty and domestic acts of terror.

Your feelings are noted....I can't really respond to you because you only vented to me...
....but I figured I would respond since you replied to my name specifically.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
if i were to shoot a police dog it would be considered killing a law enforcement officer.

so shouldn't this be considered killing a civilian?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join