It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea masses 50,000 troops on border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

I know all about this. Vietnam was about to have election but since Ho Chi Min would win those, the US couldn't accept that because he was seen as a communist.

So the US put a puppet dictatorship in South Vietnam and the Ho Chi Min guerillas started resisting by arms since their democracy was stolen from them by the US. Then the US puppet government was about to fall in South Vietnam and the US put thousands of troops in South Vietnam... and it stayed like that for a decade... then the US left Vietnam... and the ``communists`` took over...

Then later the soviets just left Vietnam in an agreement with the US.

The whole Vietnam business was just NASTY from beginning to end. Not to mention Cambodia... At least Vietnam invaded Cambodia to overthrow that son of a gun Paul Pot.... then left... Vietnam spreading democracy... while the US put a dictatorship over them... Way to go Vietnam!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

If the Chinese politburo members are of the same opinion that the economic bubble might burst in the next 9 to 12 months, then they might have tacitly approved Kim Jong Il to up the ante. Spewing verbal rhetoric at one another is a harmless way of reacting to domestic political constituencies. Blowing up a warship of a nation whose is technically at war is a different ball game. More than a month has passed since the South Korean warship was blown up and the South Korean government is yet to make a definitive and a conclusive statement about the cause.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's not good to see troop buildups on the border with tensions this high.

Both sides get told to not fire unless fired upon, and then some drunk throws a bottle...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This mass of troops is nothing more than a deterrent to the south and the U.S over fears of an attack over recent findings that the South Korean ship was sunk by the North .

These " recent finding " have also prompted the North to return to six party talks in an attempt to cool things down .

The North is trying to make nice but cover there buts , just incase .

As for the " female angle " ....

Female North Korean defectors priced at $1,500

By Lee Tae-hoon
Staff reporter

Young female North Koreans have become a commodity in China, where they can be purchased at around $1,500 per head, according to Rev. Chun Ki-won, director of the Durihana Association.

Rev. Chun has smuggled more than 900 North Korean refugees out of China into South Korea and other countries, including the United States.

The 53-year-old pastor claimed that marriage brokers used to "buy" North Korean women for under $75 and sell them to Chinese men for around $150 in the late 1980s, but the price has soared to $1,500.

Of the estimated 50,000 to 100,000 North Korean refugees in China, women make up about 80 percent nowadays with more than 90 percent of them falling victims to human trafficking, Chun said in a recent interview with The Korea Times at his office in southern Seoul.

Source

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Back during the Korean war my dad's unit installed tactical nuclear bombs within the DMZ. If the NK's come through that gap they'll be set off.

BOOOM...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Don't forget they lack the logistics to bring 30mil troops to the mainland. What are they going to do, swim?

Even if they try to start relaying troops to the mainland, those craft (Sea/Air) would be easy pickings out in the vast open sea.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus
reply to post by JanusFIN

Back during the Korean war my dad's unit installed tactical nuclear bombs within the DMZ. If the NK's come through that gap they'll be set off.

BOOOM...

Prove it.
I highly doubt that your grandfather, if he is real, deployed "tactical nukes" along the DMZ. The first ever tactical nuke was tested in may 1953. Two months after Korean war ended. Also one of the generals in charge got discharged for proposing to use the nuclear bomb against the north.

Also you seem keen for a war between north and south korea... please go to your nearest recruitment centre.

sigh...

[edit on 6-5-2010 by liquidpain]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Clisen33,you mean it should be an easy sail over after at least one half a million chineese nationals at heart are already walking the streets of America?Do you think this is the old days,during grandpas day they used to just round up all the chineese and put them in camps to ensure national security,what do you think would happen today??There are to many of them,they far outnumber on a percentage of overall population basis the visible minorities present in Grandpas day,in fact there is presently no solution to the problem I present because the killer is that there is no way you are putting a half million white people in China that you could ever expect [ha ha ha]to be capable of working as a team .

Does anyone have a number on landed and whatever else immigrants,I wonder how many chineese "citizens"are on holidays vactioning in america right now ,today??

Thousands?Hundreds of thousands?Thats the ones coming right from china,but how many could a smart general plant at the right time if he just had his soldiers come to visit on a holiday from a country other than china,would that add thousands more,or hundreds of thousands??

And dont think that planting half a million troops in America is hard to do with Chinas resources.

Just showing you how much the world has changed,we cannot look to each other for protection and defense based on regional boundries anymore,the lines are to blurred right now,the world is in a state of transition,I live in Canada and have been watching people I know return to Poland,India,and China for over ten years,anyone else wonder why they have been leaving?

Believe it or not its called quality of life,to much work,to much taxes,no family time ,more work more expenses less family time MEANS WHY AM I HERE AGAIN??

The sooner we seek a global democracy the sooner we can all quit looking over our shoulders,if you had any experience with anything more powerful than the governments you are familiar with you would see why there is no choice but a global democracy.We ARE NOT THE STRONGEST MILITARY PRESENCE ON THE PLANET.

Do you see how deep in america is already?World democracy or bust my friends,stop wasting ammo,its going to be a long night.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by one4all]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Maybe just posturing to get attention off of Iran. Sort of like a pump fake.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
N. Korea accuses S. Korea of trying to drum up support for war

SEOUL, May 6 (Yonhap) -- North Korea accused South Korea Thursday of trying to inspire belligerence among its people toward Pyongyang, vowing to mobilize a powerful "war deterrent" if South Korea ever attacks.

The warning by the Minju Chosun, the North's Cabinet paper, comes amid heightened tensions on the Korean Peninsula over what is suspected to be a deadly North Korean attack against a South Korean warship near their western sea border in March.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
North Korea is never going to attack South Korea. Manoeuvres have always be a good way to flex your muscles under the enemy's nose, but they are not that foolish, they know the US is backing SK.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
Did you catch the thirty million sngle men of marrying age WITH NO WOMEN TO MARRY,china has artificially created this imbalance in order that they have a massive and willing male only fighting force AVAILABLE AT A SPECIFIC POINT IN TIME ,,and that time is now or very soon ,the only question is where FIRST.

I sometimes think along those lines myself and was just about to make an identical post, all the 30 million spare men of marrying/soldiering age have been trained in the military when they did their national service.

A couple of years ago China's top general said in a conflict over Taiwan they would be prepared to lose 400 cities and most of Easter China if the US got involved, let's hope it was just hyperbole and bluster.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Demos

They also know the US is stretched thin in both manpower and funding. Our troops can't be everywhere and we can't afford another war. I hope nothing comes of this, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if something does.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by Demos

They also know the US is stretched thin in both manpower and funding. Our troops can't be everywhere and we can't afford another war. I hope nothing comes of this, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if something does.

Maybe manpower will work as a deterrent without doing anything?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboveandbeyond

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by Demos

Maybe manpower will work as a deterrent without doing anything?

aboveandbeyond, I don't mean to appear rude or callous, but i don't think military matters are for you to discuss. you just haven't earned it. you'd be the first to cower in the corner uttering some skirt-clutching squeals of horror like 'what are THEY going to do about it? THEY - never YOU. i know what i said doesn't sound politically correct but it's time someone said it. women really need to conduct a reality check. i'm sure you've a lot to offer on ats maybe it'd be better to choose a more neutral topic where you can actually contribute rather than pulling one-liners out of your girlish a**

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
wow North Korea has some brass balls just to do something like this. But all these strange things happening is making me think something else is about too happen. This is just another distraction.....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamspark
I actually think it is the US who needs a war desperately. Wondering whether the SK warship was sunken by US

the US are already in war...not just physically...but mentally they are fighting a tough battle against the rest of the world to try and restore the dwindling respect and opinions the world has for the US. and unfortunately they are losing that battle any more interventions by the US in other countries business will only end up hindering themselves.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by vaevictis

Sexist comments such as that are the mark of someone who needs a reality check, not a female who dares to discuss military issues. It doesn't take testes to understand them, nor are "neutral topics" more suitable for discussion by females just because they have ovaries.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

How is this news! That boarder is the most heavily guarded space on the planet, and has been for 50+ years!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

How is this news! That boarder is the most heavily guarded space on the planet, and has been for 50+ years!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join