It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: Barack Obama Is “Kenyan”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Wow, thems a whole bunch o words in there. Any proof of anything? NOPE.

Any evidence of anything? NOPE!

Anything of any substance in all them there words? NOPE!!!

Ahh, speaking of ignorance...what do you call it when you keep clinging to a lie built on frauds with nothing but evidence to the contrary to contend with?

Please, spare the long winded personal rants and just prove Obama was not born in Hawaii.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Yes. In NY we have whole neighborhoods divided by lineage. There are German, Polish, Hispanic, Italian neighborhoods and your heritage is very much a part of NY lifestyle.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by spinalremain]
Whole neighborhoods divided by lineage?

Divided neighborhoods are very much a part of a NY lifestyle?

Yep, and klansmen raise their children to live separately and burn crosses. You think separation is good, because it is part of your heritage?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
You are speaking of personal introductions, I am not.

No, I am talking about the difference between an actual "Introduction" and your being intoduced. Just becuase it was your personal introduction to the man, does not make what she was saying an "INTRODUCTION." Your perception of the event does not change the context of the speech. Sorry, but this is not the Matrix.

There is a difference.
They teach us that in 'our caves'.

Someone took some offense. Tell you what, if you really want to be hurt, how about I poke fun at your reading comprehension? I see you crying that people "accuse you of living in caves." Now you try to toss it back at me to show your injury. Sorry but I never said that.

This would explain your problem quite nicely. You apparently have trouble perceiving words as they are actually presented and substitute your own thoughts for what is actually being said. I never accused you of living in a cave and yet you got upset over it anyway. I think you should think about that in relation to the topic here.

Did anyone ever introduce you to etiquette?

I was introduced to it in 1962.

Hard for me to be as polite as someone questioning the patriotism of the president for no good reason at all. Did no one ever introduce you to respect?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yes. In NY we have whole neighborhoods divided by lineage. There are German, Polish, Hispanic, Italian neighborhoods and your heritage is very much a part of NY lifestyle.

Whole neighborhoods divided by lineage?

Divided neighborhoods are very much a part of a NY lifestyle?

Yep, and klansmen raise their children to live separately and burn crosses. You think separation is good, because it is part of your heritage?

Separation? On any given day, in any given subway car, there are over 6 differnt types of people with differnt customs together.

Ive been here for 5 years and this has to be the dumbest statement I have ever come across. The fact is that there is no Klan in NYC because everyone lives together. I guess no one ever taught you what a neghborhood is and how it fits into the context of an urban area.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
I just realized what gravity this thread really has!

This blows the lid off of so many things. I have just been so wrong all along. This all starts with the fact proven by this thread that JFK was born in Germany.

Yes, and don't forget that NYC, the greatest melting pot in the world (where all previos American ancestors came through is also racist now.)

Obviously! Ellis Island was set up by racists. They were all thinking - 'How do we get to practive racism unless we have lots and lots of different races to pick on?'

'Good idea, lets make a place that will attract as many different races of people as possible right to this place. Then we can let them freely live in neighborhoods, enjoying the rights of this country while still holding onto their culture.'

'Muah ha ha ha - Perfect. It is just so racist it might work!'

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

If you had had the pleasure of being introduced to my dad, you would know that I learned respect at a very young age, where it is warranted.

You have not hurt me.

You may realize now how I am pointing out that the weak tend to resort to name-calling.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Gather up the remains of your spine and tell that you don't see anything racist about divided neighborhoods.

No Klan in NYC?

Get serious.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So what? I'm Polish/Irish, but I was born in San Francisco...

Barack is 1/2 Kenyan, but born in Hawaii.

She's talking about ancestry, not where he was born. This thread is meaningless.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Fact of the matter is, racists hate NYC because NYC is where there is a plethora of all different ppl living amongst themselves. Yes there are indeed cultural neighborhoods. That is because when immigrants came here they did not know how to speak English and they wanted to live with what they're familiar with. These neighborhoods still exist today and they're part of American history. They tell a story. The fact that you see this as racist is absolutely laughably ignorant.

Im sure if you moved to Puerto Rico that you would look to either live near or interract with an American if you don't speak Spanish. Is that racist? No it's common sense.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The influx of immigrants to Ellis Island was for the same reasons that we have Mexican illegals doing your grass. They needed someone to exploit, and that is where they came in.
Chinese coolies finished the railroads in the West, for a pittance in pay.
Italian and Irish immigrants worked the rails and mines in the East, at near slave wages.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Proof? Evidence? What do you think this topic is based on? What are the topics before this were based on?

Is testimony to something, from a reliable source, no longer considered evidence? What courts do you frequent and please, if evidence to you is only physical tangible things - then why are you even here? You have nothing to gain because you have already made up your mind.

I don't have to prove that Obama was not born in Hawaii - by the Constitution - we are required definitive prove that he WAS. If there is no definitive proof then he should not have been considered eligible for our Presidency - simple as that.

I am sick and tired of being told that some short form - Certificate of Live Birth, that has no presiding doctor's signature, that contradicts the original claims of the hospital of birth - that could easily be forged by anyone with anything to hide - is somehow definitive 100% proof that Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Myself, along with millions of other American's who keep track of their records - have the capabilities to provide countless times over - documents that prove our location of birth INDISPUTABLY. Why is it that this man - the man who is the most powerful man in the world and the most known public icon, who was destined for a life in public office - UNABLE TO PROVIDE THESE SAME DAMN THINGS.

No, the burden of proof is not on me and the birthers, the burden of proof is on everybody else. The "PROOF" as you call it quite simply is not there, and it is your ignorance to blindly believe that it is - that I state that makes me smile. It gives me the satisfaction of knowing that I am capable of opening my mind to truth while you will remain stuck in your world where your opinions and excuses become your reality.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If you had had the pleasure of being introduced to my dad, you would know that I learned respect at a very young age, where it is warranted.

Obviously not. If you think that I need to meet your father to find out if you know anything about respect, obviously you do not. If you cannot demonstrate respect on your own, then you have none. My mom is super polite and if you met her, you would know I was taught manners at a very early age...when they are warranted. See how my mommy being nice and teaching me to be nice means nothing to you? So, you see why meeting your daddy would only help tell me about your daddy.

Reading your posts tells me about YOU. I never claimed I was polite to people that push lies and ignorance. I see no reason to be. This thread is based on nothing and being pushed by a liar. You see how he only responded enough to whine but not prove his lie? Can you prove it? Do you care you are following a liar off a cliff? Lies make me less polite.

People that believe those lies and REFUSE to look at contradicting evidence also make me less polite.

People that repeat ignorant redneck like nonsense in BS threads started by bad liars based on nothing - make me giggle... then be less polite.

You have not hurt me.

Then quite whining about it.

You may realize now how I am pointing out that the weak tend to resort to name-calling.

You may realize now how I am going to ask you when I called you a name.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The influx of immigrants to Ellis Island was for the same reasons that we have Mexican illegals doing your grass. They needed someone to exploit, and that is where they came in.
Italian and Irish immigrants worked the rails and mines in the East, at near slave wages.

So your ancestors were exploited? Is it possible that foreigners came here to leave religeous or gov persecutuion? Do you even know anything about the country you live in?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Reading your posts tells me about YOU.

Please relate.

But try to keep it simple, you know the reading comprehension thing?
I suppose you would call that whining.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You completely missed the point. Why immigrants come here/came here and why they were and are let in is a WHOLE other shebang. I was pointing out the vast diversity that MADE UP NYC. You are calling it racist while I am pointing out to you that it was defined by many different races. Unlike the Southwest where it is mainly Mexicans and the Southeast where it is Cuban/Dominican dominated, Ellis Island was a gatewey to people from ALL OVER THE WORLD.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Never a dull moment here. I find it rather funny that people seem to forget that Obama is mulatto and yet all of this double talk about calling him Kenyan because of his lineage. That's only half the story. If I were him I wouldn't be to proud of his alleged fathers heritage. His father ditched him and never looked back. IMHO he should be embracing the heritage of the grandparents that actually raised him. Just my personal opinion of course.

But that would not play politically of course. Obama's gotta keep frontin' and has to keep up appearances.

Why no mention of the other side of Obama's lineage. His mothers parents are ancestors of primarily English settlers to America from the 17th and 18th century. Yes, during the COLONIAL period of this nation. I wonder if his ancestors ever owned slaves? Why is this fact never touted? Obama's American lineage certainly out dates mine and its rather impressive.

Sounds like an identity crisis for old Barry. A crisis that he addressed in his book. Apparently, he never got over it.

Madelyn Payne Dunham's heritage consists mostly of English ancestors, and smaller amounts of Scottish, Welsh, Irish and German ancestors, who settled in the American colonies during the 17th and 18th centuries.[38] [39] [40] Her most recent native European ancestor was her great-great grandfather, Robert Perry, who was born in Anglesey, Wales in 1786 and whose father, Henry Perry, first settler of Radnor, Ohio in 1803. Robert Perry's wife, Sarah Hoskins, was also born in Wales and immigrated to Delaware County, Ohio as a young child.[41] Wild Bill Hickok is Madelyn's sixth cousin, four times removed. [42] According to oral tradition, her mother had some Cherokee ancestors, although researchers have found no concrete evidence of this to date. [43][44][45]

en.wikipedia.org...

Stanley Armour Dunham's heritage consists of English and other European ancestors who settled in the American colonies during the 17th and 18th centuries.

The most recent native European ancestor was Falmouth Kearney, a farmer who emigrated from Moneygall, County Offaly, Ireland during the Great Irish Famine and settled in Jefferson Township, Tipton County, Indiana, United States. Kearney's youngest daughter, Mary Ann (Kearney) Dunham, was Stanley Dunham's paternal grandmother.[24]

en.wikipedia.org...

So, if you want to use the same old rubber crutch to explain what Michelle really meant by what she said (without asking her personally) then you should remember the two sides of Obama's lineage.

Michelle has mentioned this twice and has also stated that Obama's mother was young and not married when she gave birth to Obama.

What gives?? Let's give her a call....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

Proof? Evidence? What do you think this topic is based on?

Misconceptions? Hatred for democracy? You tell me.

What are the topics before this were based on?

Huh?

Is testimony to something, from a reliable source, no longer considered evidence? What courts do you frequent and please, if evidence to you is only physical tangible things - then why are you even here? You have nothing to gain because you have already made up your mind.

If you have "testimony" present it. Where is that?

I don't have to prove that Obama was not born in Hawaii - by the Constitution - we are required definitive prove that he WAS. If there is no definitive proof then he should not have been considered eligible for our Presidency - simple as that.

You are wrong. He has already proven he was born in Hawaii so now it is your job to prove he was not. You are claiming his proof is a lie so you need to prove so.

I am sick and tired of being told that some short form - Certificate of Live Birth, that has no presiding doctor's signature, that contradicts the original claims of the hospital of birth - that could easily be forged by anyone with anything to hide - is somehow definitive 100% proof that Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Myself, along with millions of other American's who keep track of their records - have the capabilities to provide countless times over - documents that prove our location of birth INDISPUTABLY. Why is it that this man - the man who is the most powerful man in the world and the most known public icon, who was destined for a life in public office - UNABLE TO PROVIDE THESE SAME DAMN THINGS.

No, the burden of proof is not on me and the birthers, the burden of proof is on everybody else. The "PROOF" as you call it quite simply is not there, and it is your ignorance to blindly believe that it is - that I state that makes me smile. It gives me the satisfaction of knowing that I am capable of opening my mind to truth while you will remain stuck in your world where your opinions and excuses become your reality.

Back into ingorance again.

I am not going to rehash all these details you know have gone over. You are doing the same trolling that Anon is doing by repeating nonsense you know is BUNK. You have not proven my BC was a fake. I posted it on ATS and it is title "CERTIFICATION OF BIRTH" and yet you did not prove mine is not a valid BC. Instead, you moved on to repeat this lie about what it should or should not say on it. Obviously the two of you know you are full of crap and just moving from thread to thread to repeat this crap. Whatever floats your boat.

If logic could come in to play, this might be interesting. Unfortunately, you thinking that he has to prove your calling him a liar is false falls right off the tracks.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Reading your posts tells me about YOU.

Please relate.

Relate what?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Then you apparently never had that conversation with anyone who was not white with no accent?

I get it, birthers do not know anyone but their white American relatives. Don't you people watch tv?

Just one small example - "King of the Hill."

I have since edited my reply because I was unhappy with the wording (very sloppy) and example I gave. Before you stereotype me as an ignorant white birther, I do not live in the US and I am not a birther. I do happen to be white, so yes I am guilty of that - sorry.

The neighbors Minh and Khan have a daughter Khannie. She is referred to as a "proud Laotian girl" several times. She was born in America. They talk about how her parents want her to marry a good Laotian boy - the boy was also born in America.

Seriously, you people never heard anyone talk like that before? It is just me, Spinalremain and television that are crazy?

The thing you are completely ignoring is the context! She was not being asked "what are you?", "what's your heritage?" "where is your husband from?". She was talking about a trip she took with her husband to Kenya. Michelle then says that her husband is a "Kenyan, a Black man..." You don't think this is at all odd in this context?

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I have since edited my reply because I was unhappy with the wording (very sloppy) and example I gave.

...and since reading more than one reply to it pointing out what a poor point was being made? Apology and retraction accepted.

Before you stereotype me as an ignorant white birther, I do not live in the US and I am not a birther.

Then how do you feel you have any place to opine on how Americans refer to themselves in relation to their heritage? America is a unique place with unique quirks, as I am sure your place is. If you are not one of us, telling us what we normally do makes little sense.

I do happen to be white, so yes I am guilty of that - sorry.

I never said being white was a bad thing but if you feel guilty for it, call a therapist.

The thing you are completely ignoring is the context! She was not being asked "what are you?", "what's your heritage?" "where is your husband from?". She stated about a trip she took with her husband. She then states that her husband is a "proud, Black Kenyan" and you do not find this at all odd?

LOL. Did you even read my example? Khannie was not asked where she was from, what she was, or what her heritage was. Her father just referes to her as a "proud Laotian girl."

LOL. My examples is EXACTLY the same as what you purport is so outragiously different.

Oh, god that one hurt a little.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join