It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update On Breaking News On NYC Evacuation, Car Bomb Was The Cause

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

NICE FIND!! I wonder if that has anything to do with this, thats crazy

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Has anyone mentioned the South Park threat, yet?

The address, where this is happening, is where Comedy Central is located. Or, just a coincidence?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Rapidity of response has too many unpredictable variables to be useful. Like, how long it takes for a vehicle with invalid plates to be spotted? And what data would be collected from that, anyway? Car bombs go boom all of a sudden, and then cause a massive casualty response, which would be much different from a suspicious vehicle response. Like evacuation times, it sounds like something that's not difficult to predict inaccurately, without a 'hoax test', and also like something that is impossible to predict with any precision.

And (re)distribution of police, emergency responders is the same thing. A 'keen observer'? Really? Anyone who could glean information like that could also do much more in-depth study with something like a precinct map. Plus variables such as weekend, etc., make any data specific to the situation, not 'general purpose'.

Still seems to me that if someone was bent on a nasty terrorist attack, they'd just boom a car bomb, not fake-boom a car bomb in order to questionably 'gather data'.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
Has anyone mentioned the South Park threat, yet?

The address, where this is happening, is where Comedy Central is located. Or, just a coincidence?

Someone on one of the news channels did mention this...Viacom, who own Comedy Central, is right across the street! I didn't even think of that.

[edit on 5/2/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

You're probably correct ... like I said, I was just speculating out loud.

Though I am sure that anyone wishing us harm is watching attentively and taking notes.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Though I am sure that anyone wishing us harm is watching attentively and taking notes.

So you're saying CNN and FOX are protecting America, with their pathetically flimsy reporting? It all makes sense now! Those guys are more clever than I thought!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
CNN are pretty dumb, they are saying that Times Square is blurred out on Google Earth (which it isn’t) but even dumber is that they are saying it’s blurred out to stop people look at what is going on or what positions police are in.

Does CNN not know that Google Earth isn’t live?? Lol

Mikey

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
get ready for this one.

From CNN's fake news headquarters:

"The police department's public information office said the box and other items found in the search are not confirmed at this time to be a bomb."

"A law enforcement source said police found propane cylinders and a gas can among the items. The source said these could be supplies used by street vendors."

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Did I miss the press conference, or has it been delayed?
Just wondering-I went out for a smoke...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Did I miss the press conference, or has it been delayed?
Just wondering-I went out for a smoke...

Still hasn't started yet.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Thanks.
LOL CNN is sounding a bit daft in their reporting at the moment...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The press conference started a minute ago.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Hmm, do they have hangover at CNN? Pretty slow there.

Nissan Pathfinder with load of explosives. This may not be the only one.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by northwoods]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well there's no way a patriot would be driving a nissan pathfinder.I'm curious how many alex jones documentary DVDs they are going to find in the box!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If you watched the press conference you heard a reporter finally ask the question if this was linked to Viacom and Comedy Central located directly across the street from where the car was parked. Remember the threats South Park creators received from Islamics for their comments regarding Muhammad.

Mayor Bloomberg said with a smile that he didn't know if they were connected.

What do you think??

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
LOL.

The car's plates do not match the registration so at least there were some kind of plan, so that could not be rednecks job.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Interesting, following this story:

www.nbcnewyork.com...
By JONATHAN DIENST, ALICE MCQUILLAN and PETE WILLIAMS
Updated 9:22 AM EDT, Sat, May 1, 2010

Two Brooklyn men have been arrested and charged with trying to help Al Qaeda terrorists, federal law enforcement officials said.

While the men are charged with providing material support for terrorism, in court papers prosecutors said the men were planning a "crime of terrorism against the United States, US citizens and residents of the US." But officials stress there was no active plot targeting New York or any other U.S. city at this time.

Wesam El-Hanafi of Bath Beach, and Sabirhan Hasanoff provided "material support or resources" to Al Qaeda, according to an indictment unsealed today. The two men agreed to provide "computer advice and assistance, services and currency" to Al Qaeda. El-Hanafi is also accused of accepting $50,000 from a contact overseas.

This can only be one of three things.

1. homegrown ie: any political party

2. true terrorism ie: Al Qaeda

3. false flag ie: governmet

What worries me the most, of course, is Al Qaeda coming to a street near you, a la typical street bombing attacks. If the past presenters are to be scrutizined, they sure suck as lone wolves as compared to 9/11 style group attacks.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I think this is nothing more than a SUV with street vendor supplies in it...

Just another scenario to make people fearful in my opinion.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
I think this is nothing more than a SUV with street vendor supplies in it...

Just another scenario to make people fearful in my opinion.

Well, until we know better. Officials: ""Who abandoned the car and why are under investigation."

So right now this could be anything, terrorism or street vendor.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

If you can see the car, and it has smoke coming out, it's obviously not
a bomb. Bombs don't normally smoke with oyt there being a Ka-Boom

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join