It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Describe America In one word.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Seriously?

Yes, that is the word I chose. 2nd line.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
America in one word:

Fallen

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 30-4-2010 by fleetlord]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Just one word to describe the old US of A, it has to be......

Liar

From the "American Dream" to the "Declaration of independence" the country can be defined simply by how everyone involved accepts the lies that allow it to function.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
There are so many different facets to the USA - so here goes one word for several of the different facets:

government - hypocritical

Hollywood - immoral

MSM - propaganda

general population - (can't be described in one word) hard working, friendly, concerned

Of course as it has been mentioned, each state is very unique and the people are a mixture of all the good and bad things you find all over the world. In other words, we are just like you.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
"Opportunity"

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
My one word would have to be.

Crazy

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
AWESOME

Also HOME as one member has already said.

I would be interested in the countries of those who posted. I understand it is their right not to disclose but would put more meanig or understanding to the word chosen.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
"Middle-Finger"

TheAssoc.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

...misguided...

from Canada...........

[edit on 4/30/2010 by tribewilder]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
"Describe America In one word"

...WORD !...

or...

...WORD...

[edit on 30-4-2010 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Dumb

Dumb

More so the 7th entry. Unable to process data or information. This can be applied to not being able to learn from the past which equates to why we are controlled in our actions by foreign banks. All the proof is around them but, they are too dumb to see it inorder to act on it.

"American idols on tonight and its ok if some corrupt politician gets into office, takes away my freedom, and gives all my money to banks that got caught commiting fraud against the whole country but god forbid random previously unknown singer B doesn't get through to the next round. I couldn't possibly have THAT bearing on my conscience."

Why does the world hate us anyway? Its not like we're a military power for hire to those who flash around a little money. Vain? Whats so vain about getting plastic surgery to "look like you should"? Immoral? Whats so immoral about having a bunch of tv shows that show 20 somethings half naked and "going at it"? And those teenage pregnancy shows that try to find the father out of a field of dozens are just humanitary aide to the victims of our society.

I mean, when american society encourages you to sleep with THAT many people, how are you supposed to know who the father is? Responsibility for our actions? Why would we need to have responsibility when the government is there? Why work for a living when I can stay at home and collect welfare? I don't want to think, I must have more access hollywood. I can't sleep unless I know what celebrity couple just got engaged and which one broke up.

Sure, take my money, rights, and dignity away if thats what it takes to keep me informed about hollywood. All those "real" world issues get me depressed. The only real world I wanna hear about includes drunken 20 somethings that have stopped being polite and started being real. The only foreign affairs I'm interested in are shown in naughty videos.

Who cares if the majority of the music out there lacks any real talent, my radio plays them a lot and have you seen what they look like? Why should I think about what I should like or do when the media politely does it for me? There's hungry children and billions living in poverty without clean water? So? Did you see that dress random hollywood actress A wore to the oscars? How is THAT acceptible by today's society? Get some fashion sense. Sheesh.

Yep, Dumb.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Describe America in one word?

Huh?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Discombobulating

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I am surprised nobody used this word....

"corrupt"

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Thankyou for all the posts guys. It is nice to see what some of you think. I cannot agree with the majority of you more.

America is shady, demoralized, Idiocratic, Corporate, a world power, big, dumb, misguided, and much much more,

But I cannot agree more with some of you,

America is home, It is a great country, It is a flawed country, But I love it none the less.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hate
:bash:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
LOST!!!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Bummer.

I would apply that word to every other part of the world as well.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
Describe America in one word.....now your asking....

FAKE

DITTO

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join