It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Dimensions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Everyone here knows the three dimensions of space.

Most also consider Time as a dimension.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa84a50c19ef.jpg[/atsimg]

But I believe that if there are 3 dimensions of space there should also be three dimensions of time, where time is not only one timeline but many and each of those many also have conditions to them to allow infinite possibilities.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c756e55bffe8.jpg[/atsimg]

If there are many timelines they should be infinite. Therefore Infinity is the dimension above the 3 time dimensions. And if there is one infinity there must be 3 dimensions of infinity. A point in space is infinite and thus we get a circle.

3D infinity exists and here's the proof;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So 3D time should be the timeline , infinite timelines and infinite realities..

[edit on 28/4/2010 by Mystic Technician]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There are actually 11 dimensions, according to String Theory. There are 3 of space, and the rest are of times. Going on up the dimensional staircase, the more power you have over the events of both your life, and others, and even events that have already happened.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Gravity seems to affect time.

So the higher dimensions seem to be more of gravitational nature.

The dimensions should be fractal and time isn't at the top if it is affected by gravity..

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystic Technician

I'm not sure about the whole infinite dimension thing myself, but when I think of this whole supposed gravity effects time thing, I just really really doubt it. I know they say they've "proven" it with time dilation experiments, but when you think about it, it doesn't add up at all.

For starts, clocks don't measure time at all, they measure cycles or rate of sequential events, such as the suns rotation around the Earth or the rate sand falling in an hour glass.

Next we have to consider that gravity does have a distinct measurable effect upon matter itself. A clock stationary on Earth receives a constant gravitational pull at a constant force. A clock speeding about in orbit does not receive the same gravitational pull or force as it constantly dips in and out between strong and weak gravitational densities. A mountain will exert more force on that clock than a grassland. As this clock is moving in and out of these variable fields, it's no wonder that the rate the atoms in the clock are moving are so different than the rate of a clock under a constant pull and force.

I've also read articles discussing how scientists are now starting to doubt the validity of time being a fourth dimension at all, period. Something I've said for many years now due to the fact that nothing we have has ever measured any 'force of time'. Time just appears to be a useful abstract concept.

top topics

join