It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at BAPHOMET, really look at him - what is that in his trousers!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublue

Never said anything about Satan equaling Baphomet.
I was strictly addressing the comment of Lucifer worship, more speicifically your quote.

There is a interesting bit in Morals and Dogma about the Sabbat goat, or Baphomet, and why he included it in the chapter.

I'd recommend looking it up.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

the 2 serpents on a stick represents not dna but your spine and the flow of your blood or "energy" if you want to call it that ,

rest is pretty much 1800´s pop culture with the wings of "the fallen angel" and the goat head with burning knowlege, pretty extreme in thous days,...

rest is just yin / yang duality , as above so below etc etc

but but , most of these rites are just more or less about masturbation and the release/supression of your energies by your or others command/will

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well I see that was all a bit of a waste of time.

I tell you there is some being out there which has the bits and pieces shown

here and that it is a reality covered up by being drawn on a mythical creature.

And you all come back with yin and yang and pan and

flows of energy and all that cover up crap.

Anyway I have learnt some more things about Baphomet over the course of

the day so I guess it is all cool.

The 19th century image of a Sabbatic Goat was created by Eliphas Lévi.

The arms bear the Latin words SOLVE (dissolve) and COAGULA (congeal).

So to make something disappear and solidify.

Baphomet is a pagan deity revived in the 19th century as a figure of Satanism and the occult in general. It first appeared in a late twelfth century Provençal poem as a corruption of "Muhammad"

The interpretation being that some of the Templars, through their long military occupation of the Outremer, had begun incorporating Islamic ideas into their belief system, and that this was seen and documented by the Inquisitors as heresy.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Trublue]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublue

to make something solidify and disappear.

to my knowlege that is what an erection is and what happens afterwards , up and then down

dont get me wrong but 99% of all secretive frat club are more or less about maturbation , ejaculation , fornicating, sexuality, letting go of one self and all that which is "taboo" in the major religions.

and if this is what they worship at the grove then its nothing more then a big f..k fest, fallos convention.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublue

So then what answer are you looking for? You didn't want Caduceus, energy, pan, or anything given. What isn't a cover up answer?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This image of Baphomet was invented by the French occult author Eliphas Levi. It is very rich in symbolism, and refers primarily to a certain psycho-biological energy known as "kundalini". It does not represent any sort of god.

Baphomet is not used as symbol in Freemasonry, nor is it worshipped by Freemasons.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think he is more or less worshiped by ENTERTAINERS as a way of recieving good luck within their advancements in the entertainment field. Not sure he is part of freemason worship but since many freemasons are powerfull people in high ranking places its not hard to imagine he has an influence on entertainers within the freemasons...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I think he is more or less worshiped by ENTERTAINERS as a way of recieving good luck within their advancements in the entertainment field. Not sure he is part of freemason worship but since many freemasons are powerfull people in high ranking places its not hard to imagine he has an influence on entertainers within the freemasons...

Again, Baphomet is not a "being" to be worshipped. It is a symbol that classifies alchemical and Hermetic philosophy.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Masonic Light]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I am not a mason and can safely say they do not worship this character. I'm not pro mason either, in fact I'm rather against this kind of brotherhoods but that doesn't mean we can slander or defame them.

If you want to know the closest there is to the truth: read masonic books, not internet web pages. Masonic history is of the most difficult to comprehend because of the many inconsistencies and distortions so imo it would be too easy to use internet information to proove any point.

Also, what added value do you wish to gain by understanding this image? Studying the occult is great but it must have a purpose, I wonder why this particular image? I have looked at it in the past and it has never served me to prove any of my claims and in the end that is all that matters: proof.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

en.wikipedia.org...
The evidence shows that it is at LEAST 600 years older than you said.

Good try though.

Wikipedia is not "evidence".

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublue

In respect to what you have brought our attention to, it reminds me of Thoth often seen in such a fashion.

Also note the seated cross legged position....arm position....you will find it every where.

Buddah comes to mind as well as others.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Again, Baphomet is not a "being" to be worshipped. It is a symbol that classifies alchemical and Hermetic philosophy.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Masonic Light]

Oh my bad illuminated 1

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well I see it is perhaps incorrect to associate this figure or drawing of Baphomet with the Masons?

However that was not the issue, the issue was what does this drawing represent?

A quick check into the creator of this drawing Eliphas Levi shows,

In 1853, Lévi visited England, where he met the novelist Edward Bulwer-Lytton, who was interested in Rosicrucianism as a literary theme and was the president of a minor Rosicrucian order.

Levi's first treatise on magic appeared in 1854 under the title Dogme et Rituel de la Haute Magie, and was translated into English by Arthur Edward Waite as Transcendental Magic, its Doctrine and Ritual.

(It was in this book that his drawing of Baphomet first appears.)

Its famous opening lines present the single essential theme of Occultism and gives some of the flavor of its atmosphere:

Behind the veil of all the hieratic and mystical allegories of ancient doctrines, behind the darkness and strange ordeals of all initiations, under the seal of all sacred writings, in the ruins of Nineveh or Thebes, on the crumbling stones of old temples and on the blackened visage of the Assyrian or Egyptian sphinx, in the monstrous or marvelous paintings which interpret to the faithful of India the inspired pages of the Vedas, in the cryptic emblems of our old books on alchemy, in the ceremonies practiced at reception by all secret societies, there are found indications of a doctrine which is everywhere the same and everywhere carefully concealed. (Introduction)

He had a deep impact on the magic of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and later on the ex-Golden Dawn member Aleister Crowley.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by Trublue

So then what answer are you looking for? You didn't want Caduceus, energy, pan, or anything given. What isn't a cover up answer?

OK when I see this image, it does not represent energies traveling up the spine etc to me but something very real.

Yes, the image is some kind of mythological creature and not a real being.

Yes, it does represent alchemical processes.

However there is elements of magic here you are all missing.

The very precess by which this magic is achieved, is right there in front of you.

I will just point out once again, what you are looking at is a male creature that has elements of the female but this does not make it female however.

A seahorse is male in every sense of the word and yet it has a pouch (like a kangaroo) and it feeds it's young in it's pouch via some kind of milk.

What has been drawn here is a representation of another such creature but the outer persona is that of a mythical creature.

The body parts being shown here belong to a real creature whom you don't know about and it is these very body parts which create the alchemical process.

I don't know that I can make it any more clear than that?

Look at the image again - what you are looking at is a pouch, two probes and a phallus in the groin area. There is also breasts, however these should be lower down inside the top of the pouch area.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e04b3ca66225c149.gif[/atsimg]

DO YOU SEE IT YET?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublue

Levi, who created Baphomet, explained the image in his book "Transcendetal Magic". I don't see what all the fuss is about.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
reply to post by Trublue

Levi, who created Baphomet, explained the image in his book "Transcendetal Magic". I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I am actually trying to find a copy of that at the moment, would you recommend it Masonic Light?

Peace

[edit on 29-4-2010 by The 5th]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The 5th

I am actually trying to find a copy of that at the moment, would you recommend it Masonic Light?

Yes, it's one of my favorite books. It can be read online here:

Link

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thats really appreciated thank you. I'm trying to find an old version of the book, but Levi is always difficult to find.

Peace

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Trublu, I think you would be better of investigating the meaning of the symbolism and attempting to understand it, rather than making useless & baseless claims about the meaning thereof.

you're understanding is wrong, therefore you're every argument is flawed.

Here is what Eliphas Levi had to say about the Baphomet image he drew. My thanks go to Christian Joachim Hartmann for providing me with this translation from Levi’s book:

“The goat on the frontispiece carries the sign of the pentagram on the forehead, with one point at the top, a symbol of light, his two hands forming the sign of hermetism, the one pointing up to the white moon of Chesed, the other pointing down to the black one of Geburah. This sign expresses the perfect harmony of mercy with justice. His one arm is female, the other male like the ones of the androgyn of Khunrath, the attributes of which we had to unite with those of our goat because he is one and the same symbol. The flame of intelligence shining between his horns is the magic light of the universal balance, the image of the soul elevated above matter, as the flame, whilst being tied to matter, shines above it. The ugly beast’s head expresses the horror of the sinner, whose materially acting, solely reponsible part has to bear the punishment exclusively; because the soul is insensitive according to its nature and can only suffer when it materializes. The rod standing instead of genitals symbolizes eternal life, the body covered with scales the water, the semi- circle above it the atmosphere, the feathers following above the volatile. Humanity is represented by the two breasts and the androgyn arms of this sphinx of the occult sciences.”

The bolded part means in simple terms:
1) As above, so below
The microcosm and the microcosm are One (emerald tablet)
2) Chesed and Geburah : Mercy and Severity
It is accepted that any action of the ego is influenced by either the pillar of mercy or the pillar of severity. the correct balance between these has to be obtained by the occultist.

This is also the meaning of the "black and white" squares, or black & white sphinxes you so often see

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The answer is quite simple:

Sexual healing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join