It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Announces Wednesday Media Teleconference About Search For Extraterrestrial Life

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Is it on yet, I'm having the same trouble as Jay-morris, just says that the audio link will appear when it starts.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I thought it was on 30 minutes ago but i think i got my times mixed up and if i have it will be on in 30 minutes time.

Just wait and see

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

It starts in 35 minutes.

Sometimes a second line seems....ridiculous

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Cheers to the above!

(agreed with the point on the second line
)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So NASA may start looking for alien life out there...yawn....Someone should let them in on a little known secret....SETI has been doing this since 1963!

I said this a while ago when NASA started making statements about the possible existence of alien life lately. NASA is pushing in this direction in my opinion because they know a lot of their programs are on the budgetary chopping block. They are looking for as much and any public support they can get. Hence the sudden change of face about this subject in my opinion.

I don't trust NASA execs.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In my opinion, this teleconference won't reveal anything groundbreaking, just because of the simple fact there will be only audio, no video. But still, it could be a step forward and i expect them to say at least something new, hopefully regarding life on Mars. Even if it's just the bacteria, it's better than nothing for the general public. And I would put my cash on it being the bacteria, since those folks have a 50th anniversary (og, what a coincidence lol ?). But this ride is taking way to slow to end. Hopefully one day we get past the curf and swing fast downhill into the truth. It will start soon, so let's listen in the background and see what funny things they now have to say.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Is it on yet, I'm having the same trouble as Jay-morris, just says that the audio link will appear when it starts.

Its on there now. You download the link, open it in real player. I have done this, but its not playing yet. Hopefully it will start soon.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet
In my opinion, this teleconference won't reveal anything groundbreaking, just because of the simple fact there will be only audio, no video. But still, it could be a step forward and i expect them to say at least something new, hopefully regarding life on Mars. Even if it's just the bacteria, it's better than nothing for the general public. And I would put my cash on it being the bacteria, since those folks have a 50th anniversary (og, what a coincidence lol ?). But this ride is taking way to slow to end. Hopefully one day we get past the curf and swing fast downhill into the truth. It will start soon, so let's listen in the background and see what funny things they now have to say.

life on Mars. Even if it's just the bacteria would be huge news in my eyes
This will not be about ufos or ET, like some people are hoping.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I am hoping to hear some kind of new news out of NASA, mainly because, as others have already mentioned; NASA is losing funding quickly and they better come up with something to give themselves credibility.

Edit: At 2 minutes and counting, I am just getting classical music so far, but the connection seems to be open.

IT STARTED!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by inner_sanctum]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
*waves 2 ciggies around pretending to be a conductor*

Audio link is there now, and we have classical music while we wait

edit- now it's on!

[edit on 28/4/2010 by Acidtastic]

link   

Originally posted by inner_sanctum
I am hoping to hear some kind of new news out of NASA, mainly because, as others have already mentioned; NASA is losing funding quickly and they better come up with something to give themselves credibility.

Edit: At 2 minutes and counting, I am just getting classical music so far, but the connection seems to be open.

Im getting no music!
just silence!

link   
I cannot connect ...
Please update as it goes along!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's live now!
2nd

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
SWITCH TO MEDIA PLAYER...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
ha the conference just started and the first thing they said is this is not an announcement for a life encounter.. mmhhh to be supposed

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I hope to read reports from here - I am in middle of boring confrence, and I cant listen any audio here...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Just said by the speaker: This discussion will not be about the discovery and/or disclosure of life in the universe.

Figures. I'm turning this garbage off.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

link   
Just starting . Started with the statement that they are not there to announce any new discoveries but to discuses the topic only with experts in the field.

link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I'm recording it now if you wish to hear it add me as friend and check my profile in 2 hours it will be in a thread.

Depending on how long the conferance is.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My God! Its nothing new at all! Sigh

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join