It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Pic B, but somehow I've always thought of New Zealand as being just northeast of Australia. Can't explain it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

My problem w/ the timeline shift is the one that's been pointed out by others: in an alternate reality where NZ and Oz were in different places, their climates would be completely different, esp. that of NZ. But I remember them being as they are today.

Also, there have been studies in which people elaborate on false memories suggested to them and invent more details (link below). I think we're capable of much more than what we're shown in the mainstream media. The weird thing about the memory is I *shouldn't* be so certain of it, but I am. I don't remember specifics like questions on a quiz, but I can close my eyes and picture the globe and several different styles of maps, with Oz and NZ in a different place. I wouldn't trust my memory in every trivial thing, but when I saw that airport map the other day it was like I'd landed in an episode of the Twilight Zone. Cold sweat and all. Like this isn't just a casual memory of Oz being in a different place -- it's almost like it's been hammered into me.

While we're at it, even alleged "alien" memory-altering technologies seem more believable than a timeline shift (again, because of the climate thing).

Either way (timeline shift, psychological experiment, alien programming, etc.), is there anything we all have in common? Anything unusual about people who have a memory of Oz and NZ being different? Would be intrigued to find out.

False Memories Link

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by tappy

However, this theory requires Multiple Worlds theory to be true, which, as of now, there is no more proof for it than any of the other quantum theories. Furthermore, those who do support the theory state that it would be impossible for one to move between the different universes, thus making a timeline shift impossible.

Im not trying to sound mean here, but whens the last time humanity has been 100% correct 100% of the time?

What we have here is clearly unexplainable. I think its important for science to understand it and for people to take this "phenomena" seriously, whatever the cause may be.

Yeah, I agree- at the moment this is unexplainable, so who can really say what is/is not possible when this is something that scientists don't even understand?

Surely this is what happens - something is unexplainable/unknown then eventually scientists find proof that it really can happen. I wouldn't be surprised that decades (or centuries lol) from now, scientists might find the answer to multiple worlds/time shifts etc.

But until then, there are enough unexplainable accounts to say that something definitely is happening. And its not just accounts of countries being in the 'wrong' place - what about all the time slip phenomena too - accounts of missing time, 'time storms', etc (which I think are all related) - just as unexplainable, but not something (imo) to just be dismissed.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think the following testimony of a whistle-blower could explain exactly why things like Australia and New Zealand seem to be out of place. I'm afraid it is really about timelines and the time as a concept but in the way that we could have ever imagined. We are dealing with a subject and phenomenon which is a well-identified fact in some secret projects but which is just an insult to our intelligence and crazy talk for most of us. But what can you expect if you are dealing with a subject and the science which is dozens of years ahead of mainstream physics? God knows what they have been doing in their black projects and now some of us have seen the result of those projects as Australia and New Zealand seem to be out of their place on the map.

As I have tried to understand it it's not just about one different timeline but a bunch of different timelines tangled which each other and that could make possible to see changes even on the map while things seem to be normal for some people while others see more or less significant changes. In short, you could call it a mess of timelines as whistle-blowers have stated.

Project Camelot Interview

Link 1
Link 2

"The greatest secret in the classified world – about which many insiders themselves have not been briefed – is that there is a complex problem concerning alternative timelines".

"This is what has caused an overlay of timelines, creating a tangled complexity which apparently is challenging for even the most brilliant present-day minds to understand fully".

"What can you say about the current state of physics in the military-industrial complex? It’s dozens of years ahead of mainstream physics which is published in journals in the public domain. There are projects dealing with subjects beyond the belief or experience, beyond the imagination, of many public domain physicists."

"The problem is that all extremely high-energy events like this create rips in the fabric of spacetime. This was observed back in the early Hiroshima and Nagasaki events - - The problem with creating rips in spacetime, whether they're big or little, is that things get in that you don’t want to be there."

"Things get in? Things get in. Things that we all know about that are discussed on the net a lot. Beings, and influences, and all kinds of weird stuff, and I can tell you they’ve created big problems."

"What kind of problems? The problem of their presence and then what happens next. The other problem is that if you’re creating rips in spacetime you’re messing with time itself, whether you mean to or not. There have been attempts to fix that, and it all results in a complicated overlay of time loops. Some ETs are trying to help, and others, others are not. When predicting futures, we can only talk about probable and possible futures."

"This is all extremely complex and very highly classified. Basically, it’s just a huge mess. We've opened Pandora’s Box, starting with the Manhattan Project, and we haven't yet found a way to deal with the consequences."

"Do you know about the Montauk Project? That caused a huge problem, and generated a... created a 40-year loop. Montauk was real? Yes. That was a real mess. They created a time split we’re still unable to mend."

"So what can you tell us about the time loops? The situation with time loops is that there are a large number of parallel timelines, lots of branches. There are no paradoxes. - - When you go back and change the past, it creates a different timeline, which is a new branch of the original one."

"There are time loops upon time loops, and it’s all a mess. You’d need an IQ of 190 to figure it all out."

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Honestly, I seem to recall it always being much further south then it is now. However, it has been quite some time since I have looked at maps or studied geography so it could just be a bad memory problem

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdenofdreams

My problem w/ the timeline shift is the one that's been pointed out by others: in an alternate reality where NZ and Oz were in different places, their climates would be completely different, esp. that of NZ. But I remember them being as they are today.

Also, there have been studies in which people elaborate on false memories suggested to them and invent more details (link below). I think we're capable of much more than what we're shown in the mainstream media. The weird thing about the memory is I *shouldn't* be so certain of it, but I am. I don't remember specifics like questions on a quiz, but I can close my eyes and picture the globe and several different styles of maps, with Oz and NZ in a different place. I wouldn't trust my memory in every trivial thing, but when I saw that airport map the other day it was like I'd landed in an episode of the Twilight Zone. Cold sweat and all. Like this isn't just a casual memory of Oz being in a different place -- it's almost like it's been hammered into me.

While we're at it, even alleged "alien" memory-altering technologies seem more believable than a timeline shift (again, because of the climate thing).

Either way (timeline shift, psychological experiment, alien programming, etc.), is there anything we all have in common? Anything unusual about people who have a memory of Oz and NZ being different? Would be intrigued to find out.

False Memories Link

i did actually make a questionnare kind of thread about this whole experience. Interestingly enough i couldnt really conclude anything from it. I might have been asking the wrong questions, but i asked questions similar to what you just theorized.

Aliens, dream-like state while awake, confusion etc.
Aliens was a toss up. Half/half.
Dream-like state was pretty good. About 70-80% of the people felt like they where caught between a dream like and awake state throughout the day.
The confusion aspect was pretty good too, but the weird thing was that a lot of the people responding to it said they only felt this way recently. Alot of people said that only recently have that felt this sudden strange feeling of being lost and confused about everything, meaning it might indicate time travel being real. Something somewhere messed up maybe?

I was actually thinking about this a yesterday and came to a very interesting theory.

Lets say time travel is possible(it theoretically is). Now, imagine you went to the past. The past was suppose to pan out identical to how it is from now and then, but you changed something.. causing the entire current span of events to change. Now, the new time-line is completely screwed up. I cant say for sure whether it would be a change in one timeline or a branch off on a new timeline, but imagine that you did indeed screw something.
Wanna know the scary part?
How do you fix it? If you try to fix it then you might screw them up again. Each individual event that changes the past might change the future.
So we are just going to keep going down this hole where things keep changing over and over while we spin out of control trying to fix the timeline.

In my mind aliens could be part of it, but the whole manipulation of memory doesnt make sense. Theres too many "false" memories for them al to be fake. Im guessing there is some kind of either dimensional shift or timeline effect going on.

What? How? Who? Dont ask. But im pretty sure thats whats causing this.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Lets say time travel is possible(it theoretically is). Now, imagine you went to the past. The past was suppose to pan out identical to how it is from now and then, but you changed something.. causing the entire current span of events to change. Now, the new time-line is completely screwed up. I cant say for sure whether it would be a change in one timeline or a branch off on a new timeline, but imagine that you did indeed screw something.
Wanna know the scary part?
How do you fix it? If you try to fix it then you might screw them up again. Each individual event that changes the past might change the future.
So we are just going to keep going down this hole where things keep changing over and over while we spin out of control trying to fix the timeline.

Ooh now that is scary.
So basiclly every time you went back to fix something that went wrong, all you'd do is create yet another timeline.

I could see this happening, cos for the simple reason that one seemingly small decision can have a chain reaction of much bigger events, so trying tofix a problem by doing one thing different would probably always have unintended consequences.

I'm not sure aout whether aliens could be part of it, but I agree there are too many people experiencing this sort of thing for it to be dismissed as nothing. Something is going on,definitely.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
hey who took a bite out of canada and gave it a top hat?

images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dcanada%2Bmap%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-892&w=800 &h=704&imgurl=www.map-of-canada.org%2Fmap-of-canada.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.map-of-canada.org%2Fabout.htm&size=267k&name=map+of+canada+jp...&p=canad a+map&oid=806b7ea1a799090c&fr2=&no=2&tt=497411&sigr=11643pbvb&sigi=1178ppvke&sigb=12fa1ppiq

[edit on 1-7-2010 by demonseed]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

the link dosen't work for the image, but i'll google earth and check it out... Texas is way out of place for me too, I have isited there since childhood as most of my relatives are from Texas..... ohhh boy I am gonna get it I know.....

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
yeah, canada is a bit curved now...HUGELY, and the north pole is way down in Alaska???

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have a possible explanation for this supposed discrepancy.

The last time I really sat down and looked at a world map was sometime in grade school. I remember having to color maps of the continents. It's likely that these maps were fairly simplified and had Australia positioned in the "middle of nowhere".

Now I sit down and look at a map and I think to myself, "why is Indonesia so close to Australia".

I'll also admit to not thinking New Zealand is in the right place, but I've never considered my self well versed in geography.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson

The last time I really sat down and looked at a world map was sometime in grade school. I remember having to color maps of the continents. It's likely that these maps were fairly simplified and had Australia positioned in the "middle of nowhere".

Now I sit down and look at a map and I think to myself, "why is Indonesia so close to Australia".

I'll also admit to not thinking New Zealand is in the right place, but I've never considered my self well versed in geography.

well you wanna know something crazy....

if you found one of those drawings you did in grade school you would realize they look exactly the same as the current form of australia.

When i showed this to my friend he said "thats probably what it really looks like. Now we have these satellites we can actually see what the world looks like. Here, look at this globe ive had lying around forever"

he shows me a globe he had since he was in elementary school, and at that point he was struck with awe in his face.

This is the real deal...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I cannot believe you are still arguing over this. You suck at Geography. There is no mystery here.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
I cannot believe you are still arguing over this. You suck at Geography. There is no mystery here.

Your mom sucks at my geography also.

(If my post gets deleted and his doesnt, im never visiting this site again, just FYI mods.)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson

well you wanna know something crazy....

if you found one of those drawings you did in grade school you would realize they look exactly the same as the current form of australia.

When i showed this to my friend he said "thats probably what it really looks like. Now we have these satellites we can actually see what the world looks like. Here, look at this globe ive had lying around forever"

he shows me a globe he had since he was in elementary school, and at that point he was struck with awe in his face.

This is the real deal...

I was saying that the drawings we used to do were simplified. Indonesia might not have even been represented on the maps. Which would make it appear to be "out in the middle of nowhere".

I'm fairly sure it's always been where it is right now, but your memories aren't entirely accurate or don't accurately reflect reality. Not due to magic or technology or what have you, but due to the reasons stated above.

Also, I suck at geography.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Mayson]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
the thing is... some of us google earth addicts noticed the changes on google earth, like 2 DAYS after the somoa quake everything changed dramatically..... when you cruise google earth like an addict, then suddenly notice dramatic changes, and so do a bunch of other people... something is UP, SOMEHOW......

I can still clearly rember the old google earth images because I traveled SOOOOOO much and would look for favorite beaches and hotels constantly etc.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't have any idea how this time shift could happen, but I do vaguely remember that Pope Benedict was not the pope for 5 years. Plus that Australia was surrounded by water and isolated from other land masses for sure. There also was no spike on it's northern end. Nelson Mandela was also assassinated in my time line. Perhaps these 100 or so members are related somehow? The only thing I can guess is the 1111 phenomenon.

[edit on 2/7/10 by wolfwood290]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

But my mom knows where new zealand is.

seriously, how can people be so ignorant to say that the whole world and history is wrong just to cover for their lack of knowledge in geography. Embarassing.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antinwochick

Hey antinwochick, me too! But Busso rather then Perth. West Coast of NZ born and bred.

About the map, it none of those. C is the closet, but the scale of Oz is slightly wrong. I've sailed enough times from the top end of Oz to Indo to know it's about 140 kms (depending on the route you take). Drop dead beautiful islands all the up!

Question, how many Oz and NZ people have this perception that we've changed sides or location?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Is it really the ones who are claiming that something may be wrong that are ignorant, or the one who has his mind set before even opening a topic?

I'm not saying I know this to be true one way or another, but calling people ignorant is not helping anyone. If you know every single person here personally and know that they have not studied geography as much as you, then I would agree with you. The fact is, you don't. Unless you have something beneficial to the topic at hand, what is the point of even opening it?

spread love not hate

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join