It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Many Dreams In One Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i dont know if its really worth posting this but it's been frustrating me lately so here goes

As of late i have been having an excessive amount of dreams i mean im talking 6-7 a night that i can clearly remember. Ive always had quite vivid dreams and i rarely go a night without remembering at least 1, but its never quite been this many and its making me feel exausted i wake up feeling like ive had no sleep at all. now whats in the dreams is another strange thing, alot of them interlock, i start having 1 then ill wake up, fall asleep again think im having a completely different dream and this will continue the whole night, but they always end up interlocking somehow.

Now i would like to clarify that i do not take any form of drugs, i dont drink very often i dont watch alot of tv, nothing has recently changed in my life, and im a realativly healthy person.

I would also like to ask if anyone dreams in third person, meaning they are seeing themselves carrying out whats in the dream from a distance, sorta like how you play a character in a video game,except its still you its not like controlling another person your yourself just the veiw is different if that makes sense? i am just curious if this is the norm, i always thought everyone dreamt that way but i got on to talking about dreams with someone and they mentioned that they had never had a dream that way.

so just wondering if anyone out there is going through a similar strange excessive dreaming period or would have any clues as to why this might be happening, and if dreaming in the third person is a normal thing.

thanks for listening

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Snow_Whites_Twin

I don't know if it is "normal" but I dream in third person frequently. As for the amount of dreams you are having per night, it sounds as if you are spending to much time in REM sleep. I'm not sure what to do about it though.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I took some herbal supplements once and I had over 100 dreams in one night. It was absolutely exhausting and barely comprehensible.

IN your situation I do think it is latent subconscious anxiety or stress.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There was another thread enquiring about third person dreams recently and the answer it seems is frequently 'yes'. You are not alone.
With regards to the frequency and intensity of your dreams, there are many different things that can affect this but rest assured that periods of intense dreaming are in no way unusual.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My dreams are always fully lucid.

I can do whatever I want in all my dreams and I look forward to them quite greatly.

You should try the same thing, become a god of your astral plane. Become a god in your dreams, I have to tell you it's great fun I hate when I have to wake up, I'd be dreaming forever if I could.

Simply remember when dreaming, YOU are in power, and YOU can do whatever you wish at ANY TIME.

You'll look forward to it if you do what I say.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by YissakharMelech]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I had the same crazy amount last night!!!, I am so glad it was just alot of dreams and not a scarey dream like I had prior. The dreams that happened alot at a time were peaceful and fine but one of the ones the night before was horrifiying even though it cleared up a problem I had with the second dream I had.

Either way I had experienced a whole bunch of dreams last night but for some reason I feel like the only reasno why I had a whole bunch of dreams in one night, and then what a coincidence your post shows up.

It is either a set up or fate or both, either way it is odd. Supernatural to my reltive point of view even.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by YissakharMelech

i have always been interested in lucid drwaming, ive had dreams before where i know im asleep and i realise im dreaming but ive still never been able to control what i do, would love to have a lucid dream but i lack the knowledge of how. any suggestions for me?

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Snow_Whites_Twin]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I dream in the 3rd person quite a bit. As far as your dreams linking together, one thing I can do is continue a dream from day to day. All I have to do is think of the dream I was having when I woke up, and as soon as I fall asleep the next night or during a nap, I am in that dream again. It's like moving through new chapters of a book.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Welcome to the club, friend. I dream every time I dream and I lucid dream. To me, I think a lot. Sounds weird I know. But it probably has something to do with it.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Every morning I wake up I struggle to remember my dreams, even though I know I have had many. I have started to keep a dream journal, which is patchy, because if I don't note down what I can remember the minute I wake up, it disappears rapidly from my memory.

I have read quite a few posts about dreaming on here and found that I have a similar feeling to others in that I have been told something amazing or that I have experienced something amazing (like astral projection for example) but the more I try to remember the more it feels as if I am not ready to recall this in my waking life.

It's quite exhausting

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hello everyone. Strangely, I also had a many dream type of night last night. I can count at least 5 or so. Like others have said, they did interconnect somewhat, but each had its own themes, locations, and plot lines.

I also find it interesting that other people have experienced the 3rd person phenomenon. For me, the view isn't super far away from my body. Imagine in movies where a large majority of the time they focus on faces, and pan back and forth between people when they talk. It's never super far away.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

yeah when i dream its not super far away either its almost like im right behind myself depending on the angle of course but i dont think ive ever had a dream where im actually myself as in first person

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snow_Whites_Twin
i dont know if its really worth posting this but it's been frustrating me lately so here goes

As of late i have been having an excessive amount of dreams i mean im talking 6-7 a night ... and its making me feel exausted

You're just having good recall. It comes and goes, but I have no idea why it would leave you feeling tired. I know tons of people with good recall, and have never heard of it leaving anyone tired. Unless you're getting up in the middle of the night to take notes in your dream journal, then that can make you tired.

Actually, saying we have multiple dreams in a night is inaccurate. The fact is, if you sleep isn't interrupted, you only have one long dream. It only seems like multiple dreams because you can't remember the parts that link them together.

And if you think 6-7 dreams is a lot, wait until you experience total recall. It's only happened to me maybe 2-3 time in 15+ years of dream journaling, but it's an interesting experience. I kind of remember everything at once, and usually only have a few minutes to select the parts I want to write out in detail before the whole thing fades.

Originally posted by Snow_Whites_Twin
I would also like to ask if anyone dreams in third person

That's very common. Check out any online dream journaling site like DreamViews.com or MortalMist.com and you'll see it all the time.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

thanks for that i will do, i do love dreaming i dont keep a dream journal because i seem to be able to remember most the dreams i have had i can remember dreams ive had from since i was very young even now.
i havnt been getting up alot at night and i havnt been waking up alot either but i wake up feeling like my brains been on high speed the whole night, i feel mentally exausted i suppose.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
hey! DJM8507 please tell me what herbs you use. I love to dream.

most people dont bother to remember their dreams. some forget them as soon as they wake, or later. it is best to keep a dream diary if you want to remember them. I have had 7 good long dreams in one night. all about some thing different.
I love to fly in dreams. but its got a bit silly, I fly all the time. it messes up some dreams.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
As I'm sure someone here has already mentioned, it's more likely to be your stress and anxiety that is making you feel tired in the morning after a whole night of dreaming. It's quiet normal to dream, everyone does it, and I don't think you should stress out about it but try to dig into them and pay attention to what they are showing you and see if you can't figure out a meaning.

Also let me add that when I was younger I would often dream, wake up, go to sleep and something on purpose, others not, continue the same dream. It's not that uncommon, don't stress about it.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I also have very vivid and memorable dreams. I also wake in the morning exausted. Stress could be a factor, I haven't figured it out yet but I think about them during the day which dosen't help. My doctor knows about it and said maybe more exercise or food choices, still working on it.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by SPYvsSPY]

new topics

top topics

join