It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perpetual Motion (Could prove the law of conversation of energy to be wrong)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
www.kilty.com...
Perpetual motion refers to a device that perpetually produces more energy than it consumes. If in fact, a Perpetual motion machine could be proven to work it would prove the law of conservation of energy to be wrong. This is what I know so far. I think someone here on ATS or myself should do an experiment on making this kind of machine, if anyone has anything to add please post. If anyone would like to show me as ignorant please do. If you think this is a good idea and could help in some way please post.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Many postings on this subject, just use the search box.

The problem with many perpetual motion machines is the developer knows it is a fraud and is just looking for people with money to invest.

As for perpetual motion, it is a great idea, it looks great on paper, but it will never happen. You can use some of the laws of physics, but you can't ignore the one you don't like.

This doesn't mean that people should stop trying to develop better machines that use less energy and greatly reduced friction. There is a ton of legal money to be made for some of these ideas.

If a guy/gal was really serious about this, he'd get a good education in science, but a better education in mechanics. Being proficient in both these fields provides many opportunities in the job market, and the hobby time.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What I think is that, everything we know about physics does apply here on earth, but outside of the gravitational field of planets and galaxies physics is completely different. Good luck getting one to work on earth, I don't think it will ever happen. It seems to me as far as transportation and technology goes, we are still rubbing two sticks together in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed is quite a bold statement. I wouldn't be surprised if it were proven to be false. It seems as if energy can neither be created nor destroyed but that doesn't necessarily mean it is true. Get my drift.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
this would be big! especially for space travel, and all sorts of travel.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Explanation: The link provided returns a 404 error!

But I found a working version here...

Perpetual Motion [kilty.com]

at this website here...

www.kilty.com...

Personal Disclosure: I have no problems at all with a perpetual motion machine that operates in an open system such as planet earth...say for example a windmill, which having put a certain amount of energy into making the infrastructure required is then far outweighed by the returns generated by the device over the entire lifetime of that device!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by theconspiracyisherenow

If in fact, a Perpetual motion machine could be proven to work it would prove the law of conservation of energy to be wrong.

hmmm.....
If in fact, a time machine could be proven to work it would prove the theory of relativity to be wrong.
If in fact, god could be proven to be real it would prove a lot of people wrong.
If in fact, creationisim could be proven to work it would prove the theory of evolution to be wrong.
If in fact, my car had wings it would be able to fly.
If in fact, i paid all my bills then the credit card company would stop calling me.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Perpetual motion doesnt violate the law of conservation, it just appears to. If the energy source is not understood or even heard of in some cases such as zpe from environment it will appear to be breaking conservation as one cant monitor the zpe flux into the system to do a proper energy balance calcualtion. The discrepency in the calculations that leads one to believe it is getting energy from nothing will be the amount of invinisble energy drawn in from yet to be explained sources. Conservation holds true, its our physics thats not complete yet.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspiracyisherenow
www.kilty.com...
Perpetual motion refers to a device that perpetually produces more energy than it consumes.

Actually, that's not the definition of perpetual motion, that describes an over unity device.

Ever seen Edward Leedskalnin's perpetual motion holder? That's just his name for it, and I don't really think it has much to do with perpetual motion, but it's pretty cool none the less. It's basically an electro magnet that doesn't require a constant energy feed to keep working. I've made one, it works!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Reply to post by The Cusp

Send me a U2U on that. I'd like to make one. That sounds awesome. I have read plans on it but I haven't really discovered how to make it. If you could help me that would be awesome.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
Send me a U2U on that. I'd like to make one. That sounds awesome. I have read plans on it but I haven't really discovered how to make it. If you could help me that would be awesome.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It's so simple to make, it's retarded. You have your two coils on a "U" shaped piece of steel or iron. For an normal electro magnet, the top ends of the coils connect to each other, and the bottom ends of the coils connect to each other. For the PPM just switch them, bottom of one going to the top of the other, and then just pump some juice into there for a couple of seconds. The bar that sits over top the U part will stay there forever.

There are tons of Youtube vids that explain it better than I could, at least the building of it. Leedskalnin's theories on how it works can be hard to digest depending on who's explaining it. And Leedskalnin's english wasn't that good, so his explanations are hard to follow to begin with.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Energy cannot be created or destroyed only CHANGED. So a pepmo machine doesn't necessarily violate that law maybe it changes light particles from matter to energy.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

top topics

join