It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do ATS'rs think of WIKILEAKS And CRYPTOME?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
http://__._/
WIKILEAKS
The Sunshine Press (WikiLeaks) is an non-profit organization funded by human rights campaigners, investigative journalists, technologists and the general public. Through your support we have exposed significant injustice around the world— successfully fighting off over 100 legal attacks in the process. Although our work produces reforms daily and is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, including the 2008 Index on Censorship-Economist Freedom of Expression Award as well as the 2009 Amnesty International New Media Award, these accolades do not pay the bills. Nor can we accept government or corporate funding and maintain our absolute integrity. It is your strong support alone that preserves our continued independence and strength.

cryptome.org...=edit&fid=10&tid=563803&pid=8628715
CRYPTOME
Cryptome welcomes documents for publication that are prohibited by governments worldwide, in particular material on freedom of expression, privacy, cryptology, dual-use technologies, national security, intelligence, and secret governance -- open, secret and classified documents -- but not limited to those. Documents are removed from this site only by order served directly by a US court having jurisdiction. No court order has ever been served; any order served will be published here -- or elsewhere if gagged by order. Bluffs will be published if comical but otherwise ignored.

Email: cryptome[at]earthlink.net

CRYPTOME and WIKILEAKS working together?
FROM CRYPTOME:
Wikileaks states it must limit its offerings due to insufficient funds to operate the site at full capacity. To help out while the site is restricted Cryptome offers Wikileaks files from January 2007 to April 2010. Zipped in a file about 2GB in size. These include most of the controversial files published during the period. For the collection on a DVD email a shipping address to cryptome[at]earthlink.net with the subject "Wikileaks-2007-2010." Send a donation to Wikileaks.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by devildogUSMC]

[edit on 21-4-2010 by devildogUSMC]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think both Cryptome and Wikileaks are two of the true heroic groups of our time. I don't believe they are controlled by TPTB, and I don't think either of them are in it for the money. I think they are courageous, talented, and good-intentioned.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
heroic? good intentioned? How so?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

They want the truth to be known by the people of earth to interperet for themselves. They are exposing wrongdoing and injustice. People are being held accountable for crimes that would have slipped by if not for these groups. They are doing all of this at great personal risk for the good of humanity.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Though, when you really look at it, they may be doing more harm than good. Showing the butchery of their people gives insurgents and extremists more of a reason to provoke war and retaliate (in turn we would never see the end of conflict).

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Or we could stop butchering their people. Maybe ultimately it would lead to the U.S. better following their rules of engagement. What if it was your family member that got gunned down while trying to report the news?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

You couldn't imagine how many stories I have read concerning journalists being killed. Remember, they put their lives on the line just like the soldiers in combat do (both of which are personal choices) either way you are at risk of being killed.

So in turn, troops are putting there lives at risk everyday, yet a website that leaks sensitive documents is the hero? I just don't get it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

We don't know what terrible things need to stop or be changed if they are kept secret. These sites find out those things and share them with the world; it's up to us to change things but they let us know what needs to change.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

What aggravates me is the title of their leak 'Collateral Murder'. Not once did they mention 'a tragic accident' but they head straight for the m word 'murder'.

Murder is a premeditated act. The pilots of the aircraft where concerned of there own safety. Sure, there was a lot of miscommunication and obscene language, but it was not murder..

At least 71 civilians were killed by a misdirected air strike in Pakistan's tribal zone against suspected extremists, locals claimed today, as thousands of people flee a western-backed military offensive against Taliban and al-Qaida fighters in the area.

Pakistan air strike 'kills 71 civilians'

71 civilians killed yet not one mention of murder. Funny that.

top topics

join