It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the world need a new religion?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

One word that if adopted does not make one have to adopt new religious or spiritual beliefs, tolerance. That is what is sorely needed. The ability to say "I don't believe as you do but that's ok.".

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Does it not seem that the world is tolerant to many faults with liberal freedoms, and hyper-critical over issues of virtue, to allow few to wish to partake in a positive actions which are proactive. Tolerance has run amok!
The greatest crime is letting our personal freedoms to take illogical, counter-productive values in place of solid, time-tested ideals, and to run with those, justifying away anything "ideal" because we are brainwashed and conditioned to see these as "never working" in the "real" world. So with defeatist mentality, a person becomes tolerant to what we know is wrong, and instead of opposing where we ought, show acceptance instead, and think ourselves wise because "at least we were keeping up the goodwill factor"! I think it's a special kind of madness.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

It's funny that people always take it to the extreme when attempting to rationalize/justify their own crappy "my beliefs MUST BE dominant because they are mine and everyone else's is evil crap". Wrong is a subjective term sir. Case in point, my view of what is wrong or right does not include such self glorifying crap as "Wrong/bad is those that disagree with me.". Intolerance is at the justificational root of such wonderful attrocities as the Holocaust, the Inquestition, Bosnia, Darfur, Khimer Rouge, and many others.
So long as someone doesn't harm someone else it shouldn't be an issue. You're going to have to try harder to justify your bs.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

I don't know about that but a little truth would be nice for a change.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Good job you are absolutly right! you have reached what i call inlightenment! Order and Chaos are just to sides to one coin one who can manipulate both for the greater good and beauty! truly deserves the title has God! we cant control everything but we can learn to manipulate what is in our power for good or for bad it all comes down to a simple choice! Jehovah lives in mans dreams, Man lives in Jehovah God bless all for all Am I for I AM all! be of christ and practice love and forgiveness! amen

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join