It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security begins to collapse early.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

This is a piece by Dylan Ratigan, the same guy who exposed the banking con on MSNBC a couple weeks ago. So what did he do tonight if you did not watch the short clip?

Well he started off by saying that both parties work for the corporations and their fighting is just to distract us from the 'puppeteers' and they are planning on picking us off one by one. Then he moves on to read a letter from a person in Alaska, the person says that Social Security takes in more then it lends out so it is not in debt. Then Ratigan replies by stating that they were expecting the Social Security fund to go into debt by 2016, but instead because of all the other spending we have finally went negative this year.

So what does this mean exactly? Well when I last heard them talk about the Social Security insurance going into debt in 2016 they were saying that it would then need to be privatized. So........ what does this mean now? Well, privatization maybe, or they will have to stop spending to bail out the corps. and actually keep our SS system afloat. So basically my bet would be that it will either be privatized or it goes into debt, because we all know they won't stop helping their corporate pals.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is typical US Bully mentality. Sure why not take from Social Security, it is only the elderly and disabled after all.

I say we start taking from the fund that gives our "representatives" such a nice cushy retirement! I love my nation, but this mess we have now is certainly not the country I grew up in.

Sad very darn sad

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Dylan is right.

Sadly, Social Security is a pyramid scheme that depends on workers at the bottom of the pyramid paying out benefits at the top of the pyramid.

Big massive government and massive debt. The secret is there's no money in the S.S. trust fund because government spends the money and replaces them with I.O.U.'s. This is why the liberal media went after Al Gore. He kept talking about this lock box. He was talking about not allowing politicians to spend the money they take in for S.S. This is heresy to both republican and democrat politicians.

You also have people living longer. The government depends on a certain percentage of Americans dying before they reach the age of retirement. People are living longer because "we have the worst health care system in the world [insert sarcasm]."

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
just wondering here....
reckon how much money could we save if we done away with the food stamps, the heap the social security, the medicare, the medicaid, ect. ect.. all those different handouts that are given out all those different agencies, and put them all in one program....or just set a guarenteed income for every human (children allotment might be less than the adults, since it's the adults that are caring for the children. ....and if they can't earn it for some reason, well it is given to them, the amount given just enough to keep them alive, maybe a few extras, with maybe a community service requirement for those who can work, but for some reason just aren't??

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
i thought that the Social Security System had about $1Trillion in IOUs

the only reason it in this stage of 'collapse' (SPIN)
is because the constant flow of incoming money has been turned into just a trickle... because the Corporations has cut their payrolls by millions of
weekly workers formerly contributing Billion$ in payroll deductions every paycheck.

the greed of the profit making corps. is very much like fiscal terrorism, the corps. are cutting the economic engine of revenue for all levels of Gov't and social security by choosing to cut jobs despite record profits & earnings...just so the elite executives can lay their hands on large bonuses.
this all ammounts to financial sabotage of the American way of life...
the system of money creation and money velocity is a 'strategic' necessity for capitalism to thrive...
every one of the bankers & elitist corporate aristocrats should be tried as wreaking terror in bringing down the American 'System'.
traitors, terrorists, saboteurs, craven demigods, elitist scum...
hang 'em seperately or enmasse', it makes no never-mind to true Americans

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

move to china.

or perhaps cuba.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

the gov't is already giving this money away....under a number of different names and agencies....

so, just what is the difference between what I said, and what we are doing, that deserves you telling me to move to a communist country?
reckon, just which is less costly, having all these agencies running all these programs?? or mainstreaming them under one, more basic, simpler plan?

since social security and so many others are about broke, well....maybe it's time to umm.....redefine our goals, and adjusting the way we are giving aide to the poor, elderly, ect. ect.??

top topics

join