It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Accurate Gauge to Determine your opinion on America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've been giving some thought on how one might reflect upon their own opinion of their own America verses the America that is our current reality.

i think this might be a decent way to vent one's attitude towards their current political environment and social issues:

What if your country was an individual?
What if you bumped into that individual on the street with no one else in sight, the two of you alone together?

Imagine an individual who transcends any 4 year or other term.
Like, perhaps Uncle Sam?

What if you bumped into Uncle Sam somewhere, alone?

What options would you consider doing or saying?

1 - Would you pose for a picture and ask for an autograph?
2 - Would you ask questions you want answers to, that the government knows?
3 - Would yell at him and blame him for your problems or the problems he seems to cause?
4 - Would you slap or punch him?
5 - OTHER???

How would you deal with a personal confrontation with the PERSONA epitomized into one individual real or imagined?

I'd have some words, to say the least, my justification as is follows.....
(a bit of a rant)

I think any and all Corporations making vast profits while they are responsible for the Economy Tanking in the first place should be at least Investigated by EVERY CONSCIOUS THINKING TAXPAYER.

when i'm upset about GREED + ECONOMIC HEIRARCHY = ?

this tends to be my opinion.

I might be a irresponsible citizen if i Pass a Fist (pacifist) onto the next generations, maybe they don't deserve this fight in the future.
But, i guess the judges of what the future will have to deal with lies here, in our present.

Be what it is you want to see in others.
Offer a good example.

Yep. Look at one of Goldman Sachs insiders John Paulson 2007 income was 3.7 BILLION DOLLAR$. For one man? How does one even feel worthy of taking sooooo much from the economy???

Does our Economic Model have any integrity what so ever???

Anti-Economic sentiment is my current mood, but i can't find a word to describe the emotion i'm feeling toward the Corporate Dictatorships. how close is the land of the free to being a teranical nightmare?

American Military at war over Oil Reserve rich nations for Oil Lobbyists.
Exxon Mobile makes $35 BILLION profits.
Exxon Mobile pays America NOTHING IN TAXES???

Why are American troops dying for Oil Corporations that pay U.S. ZERO TAXES due to existing laws that the oil corporations lobbied to make in the first place?

Cannibalistic Corporations, do anything say anything, and deny everything at all costs to make $$$ and decieve/control/overpower their own species.

It least it could seem that way.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I love America but i separate between America and elite.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I would take Uncle Sam to the nearest hospital, because it would be obvious that he is sick and in need of serious medical care, both physically and psychologically.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
I would take Uncle Sam to the nearest hospital, because it would be obvious that he is sick and in need of serious medical care, both physically and psychologically.

At least now he may be insured, medical insurance that is. Poor Broke Uncle Sam.

I could imagine him sitting in the gutter with a tin can begging for handouts.

holding up a sign "need $ to buy lubrication"

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
From the observer's perspective, I believe America's reputation appears to be on the mend under Obama

It was at it's lowest under Bush

And although Clinton was (on the surface) an attractive and charismatic individual, he impressed most as being a cheap con-man

Reagan was regarded as a senile, out of touch dodderer who seemed like something from a cartoon

I wouldn't mind having a photo taken with the Obama-America

But I would have slapped anyone who attempted to take my photo alongside the Bush-America

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Main Stream propoganda sheparding us into some agenda.

I think information itself is subjugated to some Marshal Law rules.
Therefore mainstream press may be just a scripted deterant to keep us fearful and the like, or why sell so much of it and depend on ratings and profits, if profits are the goal of news organizations, then the news is no longer their priority.

Integrity verses The Economy's Hierarchy = Whatever it is we are living in these days.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

top topics

join