It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisitng a Clementine Moon Picture THE SMOKING GUN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68cd25368d96.jpg[/atsimg]

Is that all it takes now?

edit to add:
and on mars.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41af9f8d9f71.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I have to say the smudge / hiding theory is pretty daft, if you genuinely were trying to hide something you simply don't provide a picture of it. To release a blurred item simply would be completely and utterly stupid.

The reaction would be exactly what's been seen, people jumping on it as a cover-up, if you look clearly at the original and what Phage posted it's clear they were taken at different angles, the newer ones as top down and the older one as side on and you can see there's a huge dark ridge.

So I'd take a wild guess that the anomaly was more likely to happen when there was a vast difference in object brightness making the algorithm spew an anomalous set of pixels because it was confused.

That would be my guess..

And please, the idea that it's a double bluff on their part is just going toooo far....

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by amazing

The blurring is a result of the data retrieval algorithm in the obsolete Clementine Image Browser v1.5. The browser created images on demand and at times various glitches occurred. The new version of the browser does not have those problems.
www.nrl.navy.mil...

Some time ago ArMap located the original Clementine images of the location:
Image 1
Image 2

My sig says it all

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
ok geniouses...let me be perfectly clear...ahem...
I am NOT talking about the FREAKING BLURRED PART!!!!
I am pointing to the obviously NOT natural pipe looking thing coming out of the blurred out part!!!!

AS CLEARLY SHOWN IN THE PICTURE!!!!

IDIOTS!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

The same glitch that produced the blur produced the "pipe thing".

IDIOTS!!!

STUPIDHEAD! (grow up, btw).

[edit on 4/14/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What about the two pics zaiger posted phage are these glitches too?

They certainly dont look like glitches to me

[edit on 14-4-2010 by judge360]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by judge360

No.

Those aren't glitches. Those are blurs that he added to the original pictures to make the point that blurring is a stupid thing to do if you're trying to hide something.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Yes.
That's what Buzz said when he couldn't face the truth, that he is nothing but a toy.
Having trouble facing the truth?

Woody: [pauses and looks incredulous] YOU! ARE! A! TOYYYYY! You aren't the real Buzz Lightyear! You're - you're an action figure! [holds hand up to eyes indicating something small]
Woody: You are a child's play thing!
Buzz: You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.

[edit on 4/14/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Quick question.

Phage:

Are you claiming that all "blurred" moon/mars images released by NASA are the result of some lazy algorithms that have since been rectified?

How do you explain the fact that these blurred patches are invariably of areas of geological interest? I have never seen a "blurred" patch superimposed on nothing special, it's always a blurred patch over top of what would otherwise be an anomalous structure. The very shape of the "blurs" makes this obvious.

I've seen way too many of these blurred photos to be convinced that they are random artifacts. They are being put there for a reason. I'm not claiming that the reason is aliens, but I think that to deny NASA is hiding SOMETHING reveals a certain level of ignorance.

I respect you and your conclusions, Phage, but I think you've got this one all wrong.

Is it possible that you, in your eagerness to deny ignorance, have yourself become a wee bit ignorant? Use some common sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Miss, if you can't see the obvious in the picture I posted you won't believe any proof. It will always be CGI this and algorithm that...
there is no hope for you I'm afraid. you are the worst kind of skeptic.
THE BLIND, CLOSED MINDED type.

Good bye

[edit on 14-4-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Guys there's NO need for a slanging match this is a discussion forum.

Not a School Playground!

Lets be Adults eh?

I see loads of this here on ATS and wonder why?

Were all here for the same thing to find answers not to insult each other because we have different views on things

Back on subject phage did you say that zaiger had blurred the pics himself?

As ive seen other pics elsewhere that show the same blurring

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

So, you're saying the all-powerful government went to the trouble to hide the existence of objects on the moon but used crude, obvious rectangular blurs that don't even cover the artifacts. Gee, I could have done better with a few seconds of effort using Photoshop. Your hypothesis makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by judge360

I'm sorry judge, i forgot you were moderating this thread...erm...wait...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
reply to post by joey_hv

So, you're saying the all-powerful government went to the trouble to hide the existence of objects on the moon but used crude, obvious rectangular blurs that don't even cover the artifacts. Gee, I could have done better with a few seconds of effort using Photoshop. Your hypothesis makes no sense.

Do me a favor then, explain the pipe looking thing coming out of the blurred out part in the pic.
and please don't start out with "algorithms" My eyes can see it is obviously NOT a fragment of pixelation or compression.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by joey_hv]

link   
reply to post by RedBird

The blurs that we see in the images created by the Clementine Browser 1.5 are all produced by the algorithm which produced the images on demand from the image database.

I don't know what other blurs you are talking about so I can't give an answer regarding them.

link   
Those pictures were definetly purposefully blurred by someone, anything else is just nonesense. How the hell can NASAs top o the range computers not know how to handle some weird light? And how can it just randomly create some pipe looking thing in a picture too :S Doesn't seem right. And when you actually think that obviously NASA is hiding some stuff from us and there has been a ton of coverups in the past then how can you come to the conclusion that this is just a random computer f-ck up?

I'd say it's more likely they blurred those images for a laugh because they knew people like us would go nuts over them!

Anyways, why NASA would put pictures out like that is kind of baffling to me, their either covered up and some idiot posted the wrong ones or they did it for a laugh. It's definetly not a "computer error" lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
ok geniouses...let me be perfectly clear...ahem...
I am NOT talking about the FREAKING BLURRED PART!!!!
I am pointing to the obviously NOT natural pipe looking thing coming out of the blurred out part!!!!

AS CLEARLY SHOWN IN THE PICTURE!!!!

IDIOTS!!!

Yes in the pics i posted above you can clesrly see unnatural black things comming out of the blurred parts.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baguette
I'd say it's more likely they blurred those images for a laugh because they knew people like us would go nuts over them!

Anyways, why NASA would put pictures out like that is kind of baffling to me, their either covered up and some idiot posted the wrong ones or they did it for a laugh. It's definetly not a "computer error" lol.

They didn't do it for a laugh, it was accidental, but I'll bet they are laughing about the way some people interpret it.

Anyway, you should refer to the source images when in doubt, Phage posted the source images Armap located on p1.

What you see in the image browser is an attempt to stitch together the original images. the 2.0 version of the browser is much better than the 1.5 version, but probably still not as accurate as going to the original source images, so I recommend you do that if you have any doubts about what was actually photographed.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I like it when NASA withdrew most of the STEREO pictures of those Sun spheres. That was a classic NASA gottcha moment!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join