It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Conspiracy up North, CANADA is waking up !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by tothetenthpower

When you say we've finally woken up, I'm a bit insulted by that. Americans are far more complacent and "asleep" than we are, trust me.

Excuse me? What year did canada get independence?

As far as I know you've NEVER been an independant country.

The people have NEVER owned the US, corporations and the big bankers have and will so long as you people allow it to be so.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I want to clarify my comments about Quebec.

I love those people, my family actually have a lot of roots in Quebec as we are primarily french/acadian.

What I meant by whiny is they are EXTREMELY vocal when it comes to their politics and they are very different than the rest of the country.

Quebec has a very "European" feel to it. Especially in Montreal.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The people have NEVER owned the US, corporations and the big bankers have and will so long as you people allow it to be so.

oh really the U.S. is Canada's largest foreign investor.
But what year did canada get its independence?
See in america we have a Federal constitutional presidential republic and our president is a US citizen and lives in washington DC our capital. In canada you have a Federal parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy and the monarch is Queen Elizabeth II thats the queen of england.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

When you say we've finally woken up, I'm a bit insulted by that. Americans are far more complacent and "asleep" than we are, trust me.

Excuse me? What year did canada get independence?

New King, Same As The Old King. God Save The King.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I don't see this as a conspiracy, especially a huge one, and Quebec alone certainly does not set the norm for the rest of Canada.
15% tax? so what...I've paid that here in Ontario..big fat hairy deal.
At least I get rebate checks for a portion of that money spent, as well as other government benefits for my children.
I cannot complain one bit about being Canadian, and I wouldn't want to try to raise my family anywhere else.
As for "waking up" you imply that we are asleep.
Do not confuse the fact that we are more laid back in our approach to politics as being asleep.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

oh really the U.S. is Canada's largest foreign investor.
But what year did canada get its independence?
See in america we have a Federal constitutional presidential republic and our president is a US citizen and lives in washington DC our capital. In canada you have a Federal parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy and the monarch is Queen Elizabeth II thats the queen of england.

Correct.

I myself see Canad as a Social Democracy these days. The Queen Head Of State business is just symbolism.

She can't come over here and demand any sort of anything. The highest office of power is the Office Of The Prime Minister.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've lived in both the U.S. and Quebec and considering the currency is now little difference, the taxes there are absolutely ridiculous and much higher than in the US. And everything's more expensive, even goods that aren't imported.

Hey but good job Quebec on finally paying off that '76 Olympic Stadium

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
I've lived in both the U.S. and Quebec and considering the currency is now little difference, the taxes there are absolutely ridiculous and much higher than in the US. And everything's more expensive, even goods that aren't imported.

Hey but good job Quebec on finally paying off that '76 Olympic Stadium

You do know that the reason why things are more expensive, even the things that are not imported are because companies are forced to make better products for consumers here in Canada, than in the US right?

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I take it you are posting this reply only from the Title of the Article. If you take the time to read the post, I also wrote...

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have put conspiracy in the title but the Tea Party is sure treated like one in the USA.

As for wanting to benefit of the teet of the government at the expense of others, that is your choice. Don't be bothered if others are choosing the opposite.

As far for waking up, I think it still belongs in the post, because only 50,000 people are continuously reaching for the RED PILL.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The vast powers that belong to the Crown are collectively known as the Royal Prerogative, the exercise of which does not require parliamentary approval, though it is not unlimited; for example, the monarch does not have the prerogative to impose and collect new taxes without the authorization of an Act of Parliament. The consent of the Crown must, however, be obtained before either of the houses of parliament may even debate a bill affecting the sovereign's prerogatives or interests, and no act of parliament binds the Queen or her rights unless the act states that it does.[88] Further, the constitution instructs that any change to the position of the monarch or his or her representatives in Canada requires the consent of the Senate, the House of Commons, and the legislative assemblies of all the provinces
en.wikipedia.org...

sounds like it is a little more than a symbol.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"I've lived in both the U.S. and Quebec and considering the currency is now little difference, the taxes there are absolutely ridiculous and much higher than in the US. And everything's more expensive, even goods that aren't imported."

Housing, insurance and medical care are more expensive in Quebec than in the States? Oh really?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Aint that the truth. I used to live on the border of Maine and there is not one product that has a higher standard of quality in the US. You buy a pair of Levi's in Canada and they last 2 times as long. Not to mention our beer.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Grossac]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

If you look up how many times the Queen has exerted any power, you'll be very surprised.

I should add that I wasn't arguing that the Monarch has no power, just that in today's world, in today's Canada, any sort of attempt to usurp the Canadian Government by Britain would be met with much dissent among us and our government.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/13/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

What the poster above me said.

You are ignoring the fact that politics is politics.
We ARE independant in the fact that if the queen or Britain ever tried to assert their power here they would be met with our independance rather quickly.
Don't let the politics fool ya...its still that way for a reason.
We don't want to piss them off and they don't want to piss us off as we are both in good standings with each other
Its politics.
It doesn't mean we aren't independant.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's no worse than the pope being able to do it in the states.. I read that in another post a few days ago. I do believe the queen DID get rid of a Prime Minister before though. There is not one act that passes in Canada without the govenor general, who is the queen's rep in Canada.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yes but nobody can give me a year that canada became independent. He was saying that americans were complacent sheep, all that has been said so far about the queen of england being canadas monarch is that "she does not use her power. That is like me saying the patriot act is not that bad because they don't use it that much.even with canada's two major political parties neither one opposes the idea of having a queen.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Our neighbors up North are finally waking up.

Yes, thanks for the good news! Politics takes such a backseat in a lot of peoples thoughts here imo, our government has had a more transparant face and so plenty just tuned out long ago.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
And if you knew the history of Quebec, you would know why we call them whiners, no offense to any of my French brethren, they know what I mean.

They are whiners! They elect provincial governments that tax them at higher rates than the rest of Canada so they can get more government services which they obviously enjoy or they wouldn't insist on paying for them! Clearly a majority are fine with it and these knuckle heads want to pretend like they're so oppressed for living in a democratic society where the majority rules.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yes but nobody can give me a year that canada became independent. He was saying that americans were complacent sheep, all that has been said so far about the queen of england being canadas monarch is that "she does not use her power. That is like me saying the patriot act is not that bad because they don't use it that much.even with canada's two major political parties neither one opposes the idea of having a queen.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by zaiger]

British control of Canada ended in 1866.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

British control of Canada ended in 1866.

~Keeper

Then who signed the Canada Act in 1982 and what was its purpose?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join