It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 1 in 5 Americans out of work, Obama issues over a million green cards!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

That's the whole point..............we are not talking about LEGAL people. You think the mexicans that are working under the table in restuarants, construction, landscaping etc. are LEGAL? Wow if so you are extremely naive. Sorry but I went to college, paid my dues, paid my taxes, and will not be reduced to working for $10/hr doing physical labor while my government and the rich destroy my country. There is nothing wrong with doing physical labor but if you think a bunch of highly educated middle class white collar workers should all of a sudden be reduced to doing menial labor jobs you're crazy. There is plenty of wealth in the US for everyone who wants a good paying job to have one.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

So, if everyone there has to be liscensed, how is an illegal work force effecting you? You are contradicting yourself.

-E-

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Do you think that when the deportation buses start showing up that they'll distinguish between the 'good' and 'bad'? No! They'll just throw another spic on the bus and remove me from the only country on Earth that I love and would die protecting.

Xenophobia is DANGEROUS.

I see your point and don't agree with sending any legals back, that's just crap, but reducing welfare, and all social programs would help. That is the true way to deal with it, then the ones who do take advantage well, they'd have to adjust or leave...that's absolutely not going to happen with this so called health reform, it's just making matters worse!(I am just using that as an example). To me it's another social program that should not make it into the books at all. Unemployment, medicaire and social security are the only thing this country should provide, one cause most old people paid into it, two they need their medicine those elders, and three social security protects those whom physically are incapable of working, but they need to stop this crap with SSI paying for mental diseases and addictions as well. there is a solution. just not too many people like it. They also happen to vote so that's why the gov't gives them the programs.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Dang don't you know the legals getting minimum wage still can get welfare, food stamps, and medicaid?

So are you grumping then about illegals taking jobs, or legals raising taxes? Seems you need to focus your racism to one or the other...or both, but this thread is about americans out of work and you then try to tie in legal immigrants as the issue, when thats clearly not.

It might raise your taxes a few bucks a year to support more aid recipients, but it will actually make less 2 buck an hour workers and give those jobs to people on the books.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

but reducing welfare, and all social programs would help. That is the true way to deal with it,

Well, that would certainly make the single white mother suffer...considering that is the highest demographic on welfare programs.

Sucks when your attempt to categorize race into welfare sucking monsters backfires..doesn't it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

So, if everyone there has to be liscensed, how is an illegal work force effecting you? You are contradicting yourself.

-E-

IT does because I can work fields but they are taking those jobs, and our crops are really low this year as the weather screwed it up, they're even turning away the illegals who do this. So that's where it affects me, as far as that goes. Thaat's why I am getting a degree to do something they cannot do. I T administration. At least I am not sitting on my A$$ doing nothing, and there are jobs out the whazoo here for that. I really researched before I decided on what degree I was going to get. That's what you gotta do...also I never recieved unemployment so I was not counted as many people aren't for teh unemployment rate, so the numbers are inaccurate, plus those illegals turned away are not counted. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by MysterE

That's the whole point..............we are not talking about LEGAL people. You think the mexicans that are working under the table in restuarants, construction, landscaping etc. are LEGAL? Wow if so you are extremely naive. Sorry but I went to college, paid my dues, paid my taxes, and will not be reduced to working for $10/hr doing physical labor while my government and the rich destroy my country. There is nothing wrong with doing physical labor but if you think a bunch of highly educated middle class white collar workers should all of a sudden be reduced to doing menial labor jobs you're crazy. There is plenty of wealth in the US for everyone who wants a good paying job to have one.

You just made my point exactly. You feel that because you are educated that you are above doing manual labor for below 10$/hr. Well, if you got fired and could not find work you would NOT go do manual labor. You said it yourself. But I don't blame you, I blame Uncle Sam for paying someone of your mentality so well for unemployment.

-E-

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Those IT jobs are getting shipped abroad also. Though there are openings in the public sector with great pay. Requirements for a Public sector job are very simple, just be a yes man to the current administration.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This is how some of you sound

-E-

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

but reducing welfare, and all social programs would help. That is the true way to deal with it,

Well, that would certainly make the single white mother suffer...considering that is the highest demographic on welfare programs.

Sucks when your attempt to categorize race into welfare sucking monsters backfires..doesn't it.

And they should work, many are capable of working. Let me tell you I know one of those single white mothers, she's a lousy piece of trailer trash. She has no reason not to work, S*** if tomrrow my hubby died I'd work two jobs to make ends meet, she can too.She's even had another baby since her other two have grown so she is insured more uncle sam money. It's not about racism, they all are the downfall of this country. I know plenty of them also. Besides the one example I gave. If they make up the largest demographic, most of them are under the white entitlement fantasy, as well. I know that spoiled brat.... i've faced it the last fifteen years of my life, I feel she should move her butt out of the country as well, and do us all a favor.

My mother did it raised all three kids off her job alone, no government help, even though she did re-marry and he lived with us several years before they married, she alone supported us, half the time without any CS either...there is lazy...in all people, but the white ones hell they won't even work under the table.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well the way the job market is right now I wouldn't mind working for 10$/hr honestly is not that much of a loss for me its also better then nothing. The problem is there isn't even THOSE jobs. Much less the jobs that I am specialized in.

Might as well go back to the Army and say f*** this economy.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest
Well the way the job market is right now I wouldn't mind working for 10$/hr honestly is not that much of a loss for me its also better then nothing. The problem is there isn't even THOSE jobs. Much less the jobs that I am specialized in.

Might as well go back to the Army and say f*** this economy.

I hear ya. I been working for 4 years at the same job on night shift and don't make ten an hour. Aside from that, that ten an hour would be under the table so it would be a great sum of money in all actuality.

link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Those IT jobs are getting shipped abroad also. Though there are openings in the public sector with great pay. Requirements for a Public sector job are very simple, just be a yes man to the current administration.

Not down here there's a crapload of small businesses paying very well and there are jobs at brighthouse, verizon, and yes in the public sector as well. I will probably stay to the small businesses, I think they are going to be where the most growth will occur. That's just my opinion, but it seems like there are more businesses cropping up every day. Eventually I will do it myself like subcontract work, setting up systems, etc. When I have more experience.

link   
reply to post by MysterE

No you're missing my point. Maybe you should try going back and taking a basic reading comprehension class. First off I'm not UNEMPLOYED.......I'm an RN. A job most people like you could never do. So you can take your manual labor mantra and shove it up your pipe. Because just because you can do manual labor doesn't mean you are harder working than anyone else. In fact I see a lot of lazy "manual" laborers out there. Trust me when I was a kid I laid bricks, roofed houses, and cut lawns and did landscaping. I know what it takes to do "manual labor". That's why I went to college. So I didn't have to spend the rest of my life doing manual labor and making a fool's wage. I think manual laborers should make a lot more than they do. But they don't. All I'm saying is expecting a bunch of educated, middle class unemployed Americans who worked their butt off in college and paid through the nose for their degree to reduce themselves to digging ditches is a little pathetic. There are plenty of jobs and plenty of wealth for all Americans to be employed and make a living wage.......even manual laborers. Government and corporations are the problem......not college educated middle class Americans. Look I'm all for curbing these bloated social programs. You get as much unemployment as you paid into. Then you're cut off and you have to find a job. Don't think for a second I wouldn't do anything to feed my family if I had to. Most people would.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm afarid its going to get uglier and uglier folks...I hope you'all ave at least a years supply of substinance and are debt free. Also even if you are an anti-gun nut, please please arm yourselves for your families safety sake.
It is time to be realist and not idealogs.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by MysterE

No you're missing my point. Maybe you should try going back and taking a basic reading comprehension class. First off I'm not UNEMPLOYED.......

Hey genius allow me to quote myself

You just made my point exactly. You feel that because you are educated that you are above doing manual labor for below 10$/hr. Well, if you got fired and could not find work you would NOT go do manual labor. You said it yourself. But I don't blame you, I blame Uncle Sam for paying someone of your mentality so well for unemployment.

See the big bold IF! Anyways you should take this reading comprehension class you speak of because no where did I say that I was a laborer. I am a CAD technician at an engineering firm and a senior in a Civil Engineering degree. And I guarentee you that if the SHTF I would be on that roof busting my @ss to do whatever it took to feed my family just like these immigrant workers are doing.

-E-

[edit on 13-4-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
I'm afarid its going to get uglier and uglier folks...I hope you'all ave at least a years supply of substinance and are debt free. Also even if you are an anti-gun nut, please please arm yourselves for your families safety sake.
It is time to be realist and not idealogs.

You're right. I think the government is using this ploy exactly to pit us all against each other. When the solution is very simple, Stop immigration at least for a short while,stop social programs for good, work visas would be held off as well, until we stabalize this country, we're letting them in when really there are no jobs for them anymore than there is for us. Which means more on social programs, or unemployment if they do find work somewhere for a short time. I just don't get it, right now there are not jobs to support those people. If the article is true, where do they plan to put those people as well? Right now they're foreclosing on many homes, unless those people are wealthy already, how do they expect they're going to find housing either?
I am against guns but seriously considering buying myself a few, of course that's if even one of the job application I gave gets a response. I've applied to all the fast food places and no callbacks, have been a cashier for many many years, have been in healthcare as well, well, applied to those , too, there is nothing out there without an education. I will tell you that much.

It is going to get uglier. The more people they let in, the worse the economy is going to tumble...simply because there aren't any resources for those people. And People on the brink of starvation are going to get might teed off mighty fast. And I don't think they'll be selective on whom they take it out on.

edit cause i was in a rush and didnt' make the sentence clear

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Folks, I've already made my points clear. I did it without raising the spectre of racism. I would like to ask those who are participating in this thread to refrain from doing so. I do not think anyone here is racist, I think some of us are better informed than others as to the issues surrounding this topic, and anger is often misplaced.

Rather than accusing eachother of racism I would like to see more understanding.

Yours truly,
Resident Hispanic Immigrant Guy.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Maybe it is time for the jobless who won't take a job that they feel is beneath them to get cut off of the perverbial tax payer teet. The jobs are there, but they don't pay as well as Uncle Sam.

Many of those jobs would pay much better if there was no illegal immigration.

Remember when Juan McCain said Americans wouldn't pick lettuce, even if it paid $50 an hour ? I'd be out there 8 hours a day. Truth is it wouldn't pay $50, but instead of $5, it might be $10 an hour.

Lettuce would cost more in the store, but the deficit would go down by hundreds of billions due to the drop off in prison and welfare costs. The wages would stay inside this economy (multiplier effect) instead of going back to a foreign country.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

But were not talking about Illegal immigrants here. These people were given green cards and are will pay taxes just you or I.

-E-

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join