It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad wants millions to quit Tehran over quake fears

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Maybe they got threatened with HAARP, US’s new Earthquake machine….

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Long time viewer first time poster. Love this board!

I think decentralizing the population of Tehran could have something to do with earthquakes (I would think Ajmadinejab would hate to have a Haiti or Chile sized problem on his hands.)

But, moving a growing disenting urban population into the villages of the rural areas where his support is the strongest would be like injecting a virus into a "healthy" body.

Who knows...maybe he'll keep the disenters in Tehran for the "earthquake."

[edit on 12-4-2010 by illumiNOTi]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Earthquake? - Never heard any government saying anything like this before! - "Leave the city, because earthquake maybe come..."

In my eyes this is a warning - Incident like earthquake is most propable if Israel/USA strikes there soon. This sounds like a "code" warning given to all officials about the real threat of war.

Think what it does to realestate prices if 5 million is leaving their homes - business, shops, factories - all elements of urban city is devastated there... Sound like a sick joke, but I am afraid its not.

This is interesting, but also most freightening. Is the war imminent - I quess so.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
Either this is a signal of war or this proves how Mad this guy is in the head.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
He is not trying to protect them from earthquakes.

He is trying to disperse his opposition to areas where he can control them. or dispose of them.

Just watch his opposition will be told to move and to areas that will leave them broke and powerless.

Or to areas around his nuclear program sites where if other countries try to take out his nuke program they will have to take out his opposition to hit the nuke sites.
This is exactly how a madman thinks in politics,you may very well be correct.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Considering that we have had 3 major quakes in the world recently: Haiti, Indonesia and Mexico (and Southern California/Arizona in parts), I can totally understand his concern since the city in Iran sits on major earthquake faults. It could be that there is concern that the country could not sustain the terrible expense that would occur in case of a major quake. With the concurrence of this solar storm, anything can happen now. I think he was trying to express his concern of a possible catastrophe...maybe Iranian scientists know something the rest of us don't about the vulnerability of the city.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LaMadameDuval

So President of Iran was just in the movies in saturday night and just saw 2012?

Ah - Dont forget, this is first time ever statement like this - its massive by its outcome enyway:

- Fear factor
- Realestate prices
- City planning
- Road planning
- Business planning...

It will affect every part of urban life. I am sure that there is soon something to come which is directly linked to this statement. Warning is given now and that will wash presidents hands when its really happened. "What I told you..."

I see its a warning from very possible war coming maybe soon as next week if defensive actions are following now too late. (Russian and Chinese aid)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

It seems that Ahmedinejad cares more for his civilians than our country does. At least he's putting out an warning. Also, he may be AWARE that there are certain people enhancing the possibility of quakes and realizes that his country may be a target; therefore, he wants to save as much of his population as possible.

I wonder why our country does not provide the same courtesies???

Much love to all...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicodeme

If Washington DC was on a fault line, I'd bet a lot of people would clamor for it to be moved, calling it irresponsible to have our nation's leaders all sitting in an area where they could be killed at once.

I dunno... with the way they all act in DC, a fault line and an earthquake would actually be reason to break out the bubbly!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There has to be something going on behind the scenes IMO...relocating 5 million people could have a big effect on Tehrans economy,nevr mind the logistical headache.

How rare is it to ever here of a leader trying to make people leave the capital city?

Very rare,and must be for a reason based upon more than just a possible quake IMO.

Scary times.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

It seems that Ahmedinejad cares more for his civilians than our country does. At least he's putting out an warning. Also, he may be AWARE that there are certain people enhancing the possibility of quakes and realizes that his country may be a target; therefore, he wants to save as much of his population as possible.

I wonder why our country does not provide the same courtesies???

Much love to all...

It seems that Ahmadinejad cares more for his civilians than our country does?

When was the last time you heard of someone in our country being executed for having a dissenting opinion? When have you seen unmarked police shooting unarmed people down in the streets? After all that has occurred in the last year, to say that this is simply a humanitarian gesture is extremely naive, in my opinion.

Being that earthquakes are popular news events right now, I see it as him taking the opportunity to fulfill an agenda (what agenda? who knows?) while earthquakes are on the peoples' minds.

Also, our country DOES provide the same "courtesies", i.e. Hurricane Warnings, Tornado Warnings, etc. The difference is our country warns about imminent threats...not some unpredictable event that may not even occur in our lifetime. Why create unnecessary hysteria and evacuations unless there is an imminent threat? I guess, by your logic, we should evacuate Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana because Yellowstone may erupt sometime in the next 10,000 years.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
How rare is it to ever here of a leader trying to make people leave the capital city?

Very rare,and must be for a reason based upon more than just a possible quake IMO.

I think people give him too much credit. He's like Chavez, he said lots of weird stuff. Sometimes he's right, sometimes he's wrnog, but mostly he's just a little crazy. Thinking he's saying this because he3 has some agenda might be reading waaaay too much into it. He's like the kid in class who acts up because he likes attention, and he'll be good, bad, or weird to get it.

Paul

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The thing about Haarp, is there would have to be one stationed in that region to cause effect on Iran. Maybe there is one, I mean they have had that place surrounded for a very long time, but my guess is, this was a wise strategical move by a man who is aware of a possible US/Israeli bombing campaign. If we were to bomb Tehran in hopes of destroying their Nuke progress, it would completely destabilize their country, but if they spread out there populations, since there country is so large, it will force US ground troops in which is what they would rather have happen.

This is a game of chess like never seen before, my Grandfather must be rolling in his grave. RIP...

ps. if we used nuke's or bio's on them, im not so sure the rest of the world would be up in arms as some of you say. It would mean the rest of the nations (Russia, China) are on board with it, most likely because we will promise to give them all are money and share the mid east resources with them.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Good on him caring for his citizens..seems War is about to happen.

Time to get my kitbag ready for Iran i suppose. *sigh*

btw did anyone notice how Obama said Al Qaeda wouldnt hesitate to use Nuclear Weapons if they obtained them...i guarantee a link between Iran and Al Qaeda appears to start off the war.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

btw did anyone notice how Obama said Al Qaeda wouldnt hesitate to use Nuclear Weapons if they obtained them...i guarantee a link between Iran and Al Qaeda appears to start off the war.

Yes, I noticed. I think you are absolutely right. Fear mongering followed by war. They can always say "oops" we didn't find WMD, just like they did in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by paulism

I hear you,but I can't see Amadinajhad risking the economy of the capital on a hunch.

In most other countries this would surely be political suicide,to boot 5 million out of the capital.

But this is Tehran,it only has 9 million odd people according to wiki:

Tehran (Persian: تهران Tehrān pronounced [tʰehˈɾɒn]), is the capital and largest city of Iran, and the administrative center of Tehran Province. Tehran is a sprawling city at the foot of the Tochal mountain range with an immense network of highways unparalleled in Western Asia (a sample panoramic view ).
The city is famous for its numerous resorts on the Alborz slopes, large museums, art centers, and palace complexes.

Tehran is the largest city in the Middle East and is the 16th most populated city in the world with a population of 8,429,807.

Tehran is one of Iran's largest urban areas. [3] Most Iranian industries are headquartered in Tehran, including the manufacturing of automobiles, electrical equipment, military weaponry, textiles, sugar, cement, and chemical products. Tehran is also a leading center for the sale of carpets and furniture. There is an oil refinery located south of the city.[4]

He wants to relocate more than half the city!

Surley no one does that on a hunch...

This is ominous IMO.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

More earthquakes....

Something seriously going on beneath our feet folks.

No matter what your theories are, biblical prophecy or HAARP, its hard to deny the sudden increase in severe earthquake activity happening all over the world.

Talk about having the rug pulled out from under you

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

We have had quite a few 7+ earthquakes this year,so far-but the average is approx 20 per year,so it remains to be seen if 2010 is a higher than average year.

We could be on target though,if they carry on.

The interesting thing is that this year the MSM seem to have made earthquakes their pet topic,which may have a significance of its own IMO.

Remeber,Iran has recently had a very nasy quake at Bam,in 2003-many died,and maybe the government has done a seismic survey or something similar,in order to attempt to predict future quakes.
edit:removed video,too nasty/

If they have done this purely to help people survive,well good on Amadinejhad,I doubt my gov would move people out of a predicted disaster zone-more like they would let it happen,just for the opportunity of being filmed at the scene "mourning"...

[edit on 12/4/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

per PuterMan on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Iran quake 4.5 not reported in US

The USGS normally reports earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 and upwards, and smaller ones if they are in significant areas. Today at 11:56 there was quake in Iran.

EQ-20100412-174047-IR Common Alerting Protocol
Magnitude: 4.5
Mercalli scale: 4
Date-Time [UTC]: 12 April, 2010 at 11:56:31 UTC
Local Date/Time: Monday, April 12, 2010 at 11:56 in the morning at epicentre
Depth: 15 km (9.32 miles)
Region: Middle East
Distances: 15.09 km (9.38 miles) of Kashmar, Ostan-e)) ((Khorasan
Source: RSOE-EMSC

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
[edit on 4/12/2010 by dashar]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Maybe someone told him that HAARP would be playing a few tunes cause their not dancing to the NWO..

Ive to keep an eye on this one.. S&F

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join