It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else notice the acceleration of events?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoJAk
Yes. I have noticed this myself. Just the other day I remember thinking, "wow, it's the year 2000! I wonder what I will be like in ten years". It seems like just yesterday. I still feel like I'm 18 (now 28). When I was younger, a year seemed to take forever. Now a year feels like three months, tops.

Me too. I'm 16 now and i remember when i was 10 an hour felt like eternity. Now it feels like i could blink and it goes from morning to late afternoon. A few months goes by in the time that feels like a few weeks

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ekiusa
reply to post by mossme89

I dont know about anybody else but my things is defenetly slwing down,like in real time,i can explane if anybody asks,maybe some things is speeding some are slowing or is it just me!

Best Regards,
ekiusa

Originally posted by ganjoa
The rate at which information registers on our consciousness is accellerating and has been for quite some time. Technology is the reason as muzzleflash pointed out. But I think the overload factor has reached a tipping point and pulling us towards "evolutionary" increases in awareness.
Things happen faster in a larger world, now we find out about those things instantaneously, the occurrence of things that we notice is more frequent than our "short term memory" so we cognate more, which is the evolutionary aspect. But the absolute fact that over a billion people have access to worldwide events and the capability to share them with the rest is having an effect on us as a species.

gj

You are dead on ganjoa! With things like texting, Twitter, facebook, etc. We now hear of things going on within SECONDS. I always say that if 9/11 happened now, there would not be that confusion factor. Youtube videos of the crash would be up within minutes, and be tenfold more than 2001.

The world is in fact getting 'smaller'.

As for things slowing down, i think the bottom line is that time is starting to become irrelevant, where so many things are happening at once

[edit on 10-4-2010 by mossme89]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join