It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets compare the USA and USSR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have an essay where I must compare two things. I decided to compare the USA and the USSR. Then I thought to myself, I would really like to open some eyes to the truth about our nation. So I am asking anyone who is willing to just add some reliable websites or information with a reliable website. No wikipedia!

I figured that the best way to really get some great information is to ask fellow ATS members to add information that they know. Remember, this is a comparison essay. I must compare the USA and the USSR. Such things as their foundation, their government, their foreign policy, their leaders, etc...

If anyone could help add some info I would be very greateful.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this a lot lately. One thing you could do is compare the number of nukes. Compare how we are constantly claiming they where bad during the cold war, and how we spied on them, and did the exact same bad things they did to us right back to them.

If I can remember any of my previous comparisons I thought about recently I will let you know.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here's the 1977 Soviet Constitution in English Translation

Tell me - are we closer to the Soviets and their Bolshevik Party or to the American Founding Fathers?

The Liberals (and lots of "conservatives") might be surprised at the answer.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by joeofthemountain

Thank you very much. If you know of anymore websites I would be very glad.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A good starting point before any political comparison would be basic demographics and composition of ethnic groups to determine any potential conflicts that existed. I use the CIA factbook for any demographic info.

My two cents and best of luck.

top topics

join