It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your greatest 'fear'?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
1) Nuclear war
2) Carnie folk. Circus people... they have small hands and reek of cabbage.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Great thread
... and very interesting to read through replies.. the one eyed cat story had me laughing too hard to post for a minute lol, too funny, but it sounds pretty understandable in that case! A friend of mine also has a strong.......dislike/distrust of cats in general for similar reasons, that they are sneaky, and always seem to be plotting..something.. lol
My most personal fears would have to be dying too soon, leaving my son and partner behind..and the fear of slowly dying in a horrible clinical enviroment...never really feared death itself though as i look forward to hopefully having some questions answered!! but its the fear of the circumstances and timing of this life event that bothers me...
On the other side of that, i fear dying only to find black nothingness instead of answers..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

I agree with that.. have never 'done' regrets so to say, i dont find much point in regreting, imo only, everything happens for a reason, and even bad choices are good in that they can help you along in life with the knowledge of not what to do again... i hope that made sense lol..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

That really doesn't surpize me about you.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
My biggest fear is one day I may not be able to afford a life. I am afriad that they will continue to say inflation is negative until prices have gone up yet my income stays the same for years. I fear that I will end up homeless at an old age due to being poor.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Interesting question, but if I have learned anything based on my own personal dramatic life and death experiences from Viet Nam to the first Gulf War reminds me of those moments or periods of concern that came my way. During such trying times, I always relied on something from Psalms in the KJV Bible.

Psalms-23:

* The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
* He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters.
* He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
* Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
* Thou preparest a table for me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
* Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: And I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Anyway, thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Being homeless.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My greatest fear is dying without truly finding out life's matrix. so in other words not knowing the truth about how humans became to be or who is our true creator, most likely extraterrestial but it would be a very nice to know.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Being homeless.

Originally posted by dreamseeker
My biggest fear is one day I may not be able to afford a life. I am afriad that they will continue to say inflation is negative until prices have gone up yet my income stays the same for years. I fear that I will end up homeless at an old age due to being poor.

Can i ask , is this a fear of losing your homes due to financial difficulties with the payments or a fear of being outright `homeless` .

I am just curious if being homeless is a greater fear for people who live in metropolitan areas .....

Let this question flap in the wind if its too personal -no worries.

=============================================

[edit on 5-4-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Vision
reply to post by _damon

I agree with that.. have never 'done' regrets so to say, i dont find much point in regreting, imo only, everything happens for a reason, and even bad choices are good in that they can help you along in life with the knowledge of not what to do again... i hope that made sense lol..

Makes plenty sense. Ive been through regret and let go of a lot. Its really just the curiosity of what if. Just knowing that if you made a different choice it could have changed your whole life. I think it'd be cool to see all those different timelines thus my interest in the akashic record.

I guess my only real fear is never finding someone to share my life with. When it comes down to it Ive never really compromised my heart.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Failing

I can't describe what I mean because I really don't know what the future holds for me

But I know this for a fact, my nightmares are or me failing

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

My greatest fear is that I'm not fearful of anything... does that count???

I really truly am not scared of anything. My spirituality has allowed me to learn and adapt enough to this world that nothing within this realm scares me to the point of fear. In fact, I'm a fear junkie, I try to find stuff all the time that will scare me, hence the reason I love watching horror movies because I just want something that will give me a thrill... I love trying to scare myself into fear but it just doesn't happen... I know being scared and having a fear are two totally different things, however they do go hand in hand.

BUT, I guess if I had to choose something, it would be that I fear I am unable to use my full potential (which you mentioned in your OP). I have a lot of knowledge racked up in my brains, and I put it to great use towards others, but find myself not taking my own great advice and I tend to follow the wrong paths most of the time. So really, all we have, and it's been said so many times, to fear is fear itself.

There is truly nothing to be afraid of. You may think you're afraid of something, and if you think you are, face it. There is nothing better than an adrenaline rush... it's a great high I must say. Facing death can be fun if you allow it to be. And if facing death can be fun, can't anything be then? Death is the ultimate fear for most people; if you were to go and ask every single living person what they were most fearful of it would average out to be death. But why? Because of the unknown? So really, you're afraid of the unknown, not death itself, but what comes after (or doesn't) death.

As I said my spirituality allows me to cope with these sort of things. I have never been afraid of death since I was very young. I don't exactly know why, and it may have seemed odd to many people since I never minded doing crazy things at such a young age. I've done some things that most people would find insane, but I've enjoyed doing them very much so. Go out and try something new that scares the hell out of you, you will find it gives you the rush of a lifetime, although I wouldn't recommend jumping from a plane without a parachute, but I'm sure that would give the ultimate rush, now wouldn't it? Ha!

On a side note... maybe I fear I will never truly find my inner self to the fullest extent I wish to... we, as in the masses, have so much power we can unlock with our minds if we just focused on the right priorities. However our everyday lives take up all the space in our minds and give us the illusion we see as this 'everyday life.'

Imagine if the whole world were to draw a blank mind, a clean slate if you will, and ponder the same thoughts at the same time... all the energy put forth would open doors unimaginable to us all... ah, wishful thinking is fun, maybe someday I'll stop doing it and try to put it all to good use.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Regrets is potentially a high fear on my list! so yeah I would deffinately have that one up there.

I think my greatest fear is loneliness! especially as time goes bye. kinda ironic because it's maybe my greatest fear, yet I am lonely! but through mostly my own choices, work that one out?

I have a feeling that there are many fears worthy of being there that are always at the back of your mind, so I don't really like picking one! but that is up there anyway.

Interesting thread OT!

[edit on 6-4-2010 by valiant]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Greatest fear = double posting.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Greatest fear = double posting.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
To the poster who's afraid of cats, may I try to help by showing you a horror movie that is so absurd that it's hilarious?

Hausu
(Sorry about the link to another site just to watch the video, I can't watch videos at work, and i only know the link)

Aside from my physical phobias, my biggest fear is the fear of living a lie. You know that feeling when you have been in a really long stable seemingly happy relationship with a very bright future, and your supposed loved one drops a bomb on you in 1 sentence that shatters everything you knew for the last X years and it feels like the entire world turned upside down because now you have no idea what was real or not? THAT feeling. I have a very real fear of that.

There's also a fear of helplessness. It ties in with the first fear though.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ignorance/religion seeing what people do because of these is truly terifying. death of cource rates highly but i dont think it's as inevitable as some belive, i'd love to make enouth money for cryogenics but also wouldent be soprised if fledgling uploading tech arives in my lifetime. on a side note various implications of quantum mechanics sugest ways to avoid death: see multiverse, many worlds, quantum suicide.

bit of a quirky one here as well - droping my phone over a bridge/ into a pond

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My greatest fear is facing the apocalypse -- major earthquakes, floods, famine, etc etc etc

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just a quick, short note of thanks to all the transparent posters here on my latest....

Nice job all...

I hope to reply to each of you over the next few days.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
As of now ....America.

Second line...

Oh ...look a third line.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join