It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The holy fire from Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Tomorrow is Easter, and every year people can get the "holy" fire from Jerusalim. It is said that this fire is send to earth by god. After you light a torch, or whatever object to carry that flame, it is said that you can't get burned by that flame for 2 or 3 minutes. I heard this topic on the radio. I don't have time to search this subject on the internet cause i have to help my family with stuffing the lamb and painting the eggs for Easter. Guys if u have any info about this subject please share it. I really don't believe that you can't get burned, but maybe I'm wrong.
P.S. I want to state that I'm catholic and I've been taught by the Vatican's sisters about gods way, but in the long run i would rather believe Charles Darwin and the story about aliens.
P.P.S Happy Easter by the way, it's one of the few moments you get to spend some time with your families.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I think this is what your looking for:
Miracle Of Holy Fire

It looks interesting, but I haven't read it cause I could care less at the moment, maybe I will read about it later rather than just skim through.

So, if this fire was sent by God and it's such a miracle why does it even burn you at all? I think it would be much more miraculous if it did not burn you.

It is well documented that early churches used to use technology to dupe believers into thinking they are witnessing, or hearing miracles. Perhaps this is the case here?

Example: I seen on TV that they used to use a device to simulate the sound of thunder.
It was a long skinny box on a fulcrum that when tipped a large steel ball with dimples on it would roll through the box making a thunder sound.
There are many examples of these (advanced at the time) devices, you just gotta do a bit of digging.

P.S. Happy Easter! Enjoy your Pagan holiday.

Why are most Christian holidays actually based off Pagan holidays anyway? Sorry, that's a whole other topic.

Sorry for the morose attitude. Christianity just chafes my droors cause I believe it to be mostly false. But that too is a whole other topic.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ty for your find, i will start reading right away

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hi,

The ''the Miracle of Holy Fire in Jerusalem '' has been happening from the 1st century...
This fire does not burn, and it has said that it radiates a bluish hue.
This 'miracle' occurs on....
*The date for Pascha(The Lord's Resurrection) is determined anew for every year. It must be a first Sunday after the spring equinox and Jewish Passover*

The first written account of the Holy Fire (Holy Light) dates from the fourth century, but authors write about events that occurred in the first century. So Ss. John Damascene and Gregory of Nissa narrate how the Apostle Peter saw the Holy Light in the Holy Sepulchre after Christ's resurrection.
"One can trace the miracle throughout the centuries in the many itineraries of the Holy Land."
The Russian abbot Daniel, in his itinerary written in the years 1106-07, presents the "Miracle of the Holy Light" and the ceremonies that frame it in a very detailed manner.
*Description of the Miracle of Holy Fire that happens every year in Jerusalem*

Thanks for the post *songokudbz*

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
From watching videos of this event, to show the fire does not burn they wave the fire around either their face, hands, etc. They don't hold the fire steady and let it's focus stay on one part of the body. Instead, they spread the heat around so that it can appear to not burn. One can do that with any candle fire.

It's also sketchy that only one person gets to see the beginning of this "miracle" happen. But being that I haven't seen it happen in person, can't really prove that it's fake.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Here's the relevant Biblical passage it seems:

"Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.' " - Matthew 4:7

Fire, snakes, cliff-diving, my friends, I don't think we're supposed to flirt with death and expect God to pull us out last minute. God made the rules of nature and I'm sure is unimpressed with our attempts to break them to make ourselves feel special. Miracles happen on His terms, not ours.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Miracles happen on His terms, not ours.

And in our times, this means "never".

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by saint4God
Miracles happen on His terms, not ours.

And in our times, this means "never".

Notsomuch, miracle saved my life (and soul for that matter) and is oft blamed on 'dumb luck' or chance. When chance is astronomically improbable and is recurring, one has to ask "what are the odds?"

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I remember reading an interview with one of the Orthodox Church patriarchs in Jerusalem. The reporter asked him about the supernatural origin of the Holy Fire. The patriarch more or less said the fire came from heaven, but he also gave the reporter a wink when he said it.

Perhaps the divine origins of the holy fire are like Santa Claus. Nobody really takes it seriously, but it is nevertheless a fun story to tell. Even if the holy fire is started by matches rather than divine forces, it is still a pretty neat ritual that many people seem to enjoy.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I remember reading an interview with one of the Orthodox Church patriarchs in Jerusalem. The reporter asked him about the supernatural origin of the Holy Fire. The patriarch more or less said the fire came from heaven, but he also gave the reporter a wink when he said it.

Perhaps the divine origins of the holy fire are like Santa Claus. Nobody really takes it seriously, but it is nevertheless a fun story to tell. Even if the holy fire is started by matches rather than divine forces, it is still a pretty neat ritual that many people seem to enjoy.

Hi h/

I am interested to read the article you talk about.....
Was the article in Greek or English?
What year was this in?
Which Patriarch was He?
If you are going to make a statement as you have stated above, please ''LINK'' the article with your statement,otherwise it is false information that you are giving!
Thanks,

One more thing,
I have read many,many articles in Greek and in the English concerning the 'Holy Fire'' and none have ever claimed to be less then what it is, a ''MIRACLE''!
Before the Holy fire appears, the sepulcher is inspected...

Before entering the Tomb of Christ, the patriarch is examined by Jewish Israeli authorities to prove that he does not carry technical means to light the fire.
This investigation used to be carried out by Muslim Turkish Ottoman soldiers.

Links on the articles about the 'Holy Fire' are given above in my post....

ICXC NIKA
helen

new topics

top topics

join