It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: CIA Director George Tenet Submits Resignation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Probably a good career move, and will give him a lot more freedom of speech as a man with lots of insider knowledge. We have little idea what constitutes the state secrets that he would have sworn to uphold, but no doubt this is not the last to be heard from Mr Tenet. Interesting name he has too.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Don't you love how he says it's "personal reasons". We all know why he resigned...

Yea, I'm sure we all have a clue.

I wonder if another reason may be that the job sucks. You have to hear all the information that the conspiracy people dream about, try and make sense of it and take action upon it. If you do it right no one gives you credit but, if something negative happens its a MAJOR ISSUE on the news 24/7 until a basketball player rapes someone or something blows up, trains for instance.
I bet getting up hearing the news call you incompetent can wear on your psyche. I'll bet hearing you wife say, "for God's sake just quit!, you can take some time off and write a book.. Actually be a father to your son.." may get you to thinking as well.

Naw, he was asked to resign by the President but, being a good Republican appointee and team player he knows to keep his mouth shut. Look at what happened to the other admin. officials who wrote books after leaving office criticizing Bush. hmm, wait a second...

Variable

[Edited on 6/3/2004 by Variable]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Tenet was the kind of guy real hardcore CIA officers love to hate: a lifelong politico with no experience doing intelligence work who waltzes in at the behest of a president and takes over the show.

Now that he has taken the hit for Sept. 11, he'll probably go down in Company history as a hero.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknik
Tenet is resigning so he can talk freely,
which, as an active principle, he cannot.

[Edited on 2004-6-3 by Teknik]

hope you're right. it would be fab to have a class A squealer let loose on the sleeping masses.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What are people in the political realm now becoming accountable?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by heelstone
Wow. Somebody is being held accountable in this debacle.

Bull#. Nobody is being held accountable here.

Tenet is just taking the Fall for his superiors. That's all thats going on here.

He's the scapegoat. That's all.
Dont over-analyze! Another chapter of the same BS book is about to begin!

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I heard on the radio that George Tenet "will be seeking work in the private sector." Which to me implies not an author or whistle-blower or editorialist (if that's a word?). Not to say that he won't do any number of things with his knowledge and beliefs on the side, but. . .

Where does the former director of the CIA go to apply for a job? Companies w/DoD contracts (Lockheed, Raytheon, etc)? Just curious. It doesn't appear that he's "retiring," it looks like he's looking for a new job.

--J1M

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well that's what Bush said.

It turns out Tenet wanted to quit last year but Bush would not let him, said he would'nt hear of it. Then on Wednesday in a meeting with Bush, Tenet challanged? or said something I guess to Bush and the President cut him off by saying 'that's it George. I cannot abide disloyalty. I want your resignation and I want it now.'"

Tenet was allowed to resign "voluntarily" and Bush informed his shocked staff of the decision Thursday morning. One aide says the President actually described the decision as "God's will."
Bush's Erratic Behavior

top topics

<< 1   >>

join