It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HAVE Health Insurance and I can't afford to go to the doctor!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by skunknuts

When I voted for Obama I was like many other in the nation fed up with the Republicraps BS. I voted Republican since I started voting back in the seventies, but for the last two elections I got fed up.

I wanted control of the Insurance companies not them having control over me and my family, so When Obama campaigned for the Public Option I believe him, I had hopes and I believe in those hopes.

Now I despise the corrupted political system we have and will vote for anybody out there that is not affiliated with any of the crappy elite parties in charge right now.

That's consistent. I'm glad there are 'republican leaners' that realize that the public option was in the interest of the avg. citizen. The whole 'government takeover' meme concerning the public option is just so disingenuous. I also respect you not being a republican in tea-partier's clothing....

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by warisover

Well Warisover in a nation of millions I am just one needle in hay, it takes millions to elect a President.

Neither elite parties in this nation have the interest of the people anymore.

If you are young learn from the older crowd mistakes, we were young and full of dreams once also . . .

[edit on 30-3-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Yes you are right, that is why when the senate bill that was written by private insurance lawyers killed the public option and Obama just went with it, I learned then and there that we just elected an elite butt kisser to replace the former one.

Now i see the big deception.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

We actually ended up getting health insurance after our 9 yr old got pneumonia twice in one year and it was serious enough that he was hospitalized both times for 3-4 days each!!! GEEZ, the hospital bills without insurance!!!!!!!! Now that we have health ins, no-one has been sick in over a year, & I am having trouble just scraping together the co-payments for all(family of 4) of our yearly check-ups! The dental insurance sucks..After insurance, my mouth is costing us 2 grand!!! I always tell people even with insurance, we can't afford to go to the drs. So, I do feel your pain!

Edit to add: I had to pay for the pneumonia shot he got BEFORE he even got pneumonia!!!!!!!!

[edit on 3/30/10 by j.r.c.b.]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Glad to see you have FINALLY woken up somewhat. It doesn't matter which candidate gets in office from either party, they are both working for the same agenda and it is never in the peoples best interest. There has been a master plan for our reality from the beginning, the only way we can change it is to not participate in it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think my state (Mass) has learned its lesson, though it is struggling to fix it. It can get very complicated here, and the reason for that is that the government does not give all the necessary information to the citizens who are required to have insurance. If the info was freely known, we wouldn't have many issues.

Such as: Those employed have to be offered insurance via employer when considered full time employees. BUT- there are yearly or semi yearly sign ups, so you may not be able to be insured right away. In these cases, there is a system called Commonwealth Care, a division of medicaid, that you are automatically eligible for- NO MATTER your income level. Co-pays are based on a sliding scale, but you have to be covered. You do NOT have to purchase private insurance here in Mass any longer. The state covers EVERYONE, they just don't let you know that.

Also, income guidelines for eligibility into standard medicaid have been changed, so many who were not eligible before, are now.

When your employer offers you insurance, you have to accept it- BUT, Commonwealth Care will cover any deductible you cannot afford. You have to ask for it though, and many here do not realize that they have this option.

As for tax time, you must show proof of insurance on your state form, but you have the option of checking off a box that exempts you from any fees if you are low income, or if you have only had insurance for a portion of the year. With this, you must make sure the next year you are covered all year, or the fee applies. And they will take the fee out of your return.

Any family with minor children automatically have the children covered, despite income levels. But you have to ask for it. Anyone with chronic conditions can receive medicaid, even if you do not receive SSI or disability, you only need a letter from your physician. They may make you fight for it, but they have to comply.

There are many more loopholes and exemptions and aids available in this state, but as I said, it is not info shouted from the rooftops here. But anyone struggling to have medical insurance in Massachusetts does not need to- they have to cover you, no matter your income. As I said, it is on a sliding scale, but you do have insurance. I hope this can help anyone in Mass who may not know it, and I can only hope it is done in a similar manner nationwide, or something less complicated.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join