It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese censors disable Google searches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Chinese censors disable Google searches

www.telegraph.co.uk

In almost every major Chinese city, users reported that trying to access Google searches returned an error page. The hiatus began at around 5pm on Tuesday in China. Although it was still possible to access Google's websites, searches on any topic delivered an error message.
Google was unable to immediately confirm the cause of the problem, but said it was investigating. Chinese internet users blamed the "Great Firewall" for blocking Google searches. Google's email services were unaffected.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
shanghaiist.com
tecnologia.ig.com.br

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Before I say something, the same article was updated later:

A Google investigation reveals that they inadvertently triggered the censor after changing search code.

I don't buy it. Something very "under the radar" is going on China, between the government and Google company. And just my two cents IS NOT coincidence this dispute started at same time the several increase of UFO sightings in Chinese skies. And ain't talking about "zipping light dots far away above", I'm talking about gigantic pyramid crafts, among other objects, hovering above urban centers, in low altitude, at daylight. My point is that the Chinese government may be preventing any possibility of leaked videos or photos, being posted on Google.

Course it's MY theory.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

That is probably the most interesting video that I've seen so far this year... I would call shenanigans but I followed the link to the actual youtube to get a bigger image of it, and in the sidebar they had link's to some chinese forums where people who had seen it in person were discussing it... I remember the russian one and someone had mentioned that there was one somewhere in south america, I believe Colombia. I also noticed that someone posted a video of a pyramid that appeared in California, whatever your opinion on UFO's whether they aren't real or whether they're Alien to our world or even if they are government black ops vehicles. The amount of videos on all of these very similar pyramid shaped what have you's not to mention that it's not one localized area it's alll over the world it's hard to argue that something strange isn't happening...

When did the google mess up occur? they had mentioned that one Pyramid appeared on teh 28th of Jan. but that Mar. 17 another one appeared.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This has already been revealed to have been a glitch on Google's side of the fence:

Google Glitch Blocks Nearly All China-Based Searches

Personally, I think Google did it intentionally for PR purposes. Could have been an accident, but they've already shown they have no desire to pull the punches towards China.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

I believe what the OP was saying was that s/he doesn't believe that it was a glitch, and that it was instead an attempt to block outgoing information on a sighting of a pyramid above china on the 17th of March... S/he is just questioning an official story.

new topics

top topics

join