It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next time you buy a "Made in China" product, Remember this

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

In the last few decades, several iron
and steel plants have mushroomed in
villages across China

The Anyang City is under iron rain every day

Rivers and reservoirs have been contaminated

Some provinces have over 100 chemical plants
resulting in rapid contamination of nearby oceans

Shanxi province has the highest rate of birth defects

Disabled infants are often abandoned
by their parents

The pollution has resulted in obscured diseases,
deformed babies, and rapid growth in cancer

Workers include 15 year old children
earning 2 dollars a day

Long term consumption of water contaminated by
industrial waste causes tumors and cancers

Breathing in large amount of dust causes
irrepairable damage to lungs

Treatment costs are over 200,000 yuans

In the past six years, infant birth defects
have increased by 40%

People living along the river have enlarged livers
and suffer from terminal diseases

Rivers have blackened and blankets of smog
smother many cities

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
S&F

When I first saw some of the videos from these heavily industrialized areas. Water discoloration, odd looking clouds, dirty air etc.

Amazing that you drop a piece of paper in the middle of the woods in the US and there are 2 cops/rangers on your butt.

This is another reason I see China attacking soon. They will be running out of resources, people and AIR.

Any of these videos are tough to watch

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So, here would be my question then:

do we blame china, or do we blame the US companies who take advantage of this at every turn to make a profit?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
its also sad that countries dump their waste goods there too.
sifting through hazardous chemicals and waste to salvage scraps its just unbearable to think about

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's built into capitalism ... it's inevitable.

That photo to me looked like the industrial reveloution period from England, only chinese ... dirty kids and factories.

Besides, Chinese rulers have never had much sympathy for the commoners

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Its funny how the U.S gets targeted no matter what country is being discussed, its the U.S.of As fault.
We are not the only ones who buy their crap.
Even if you stopped consumption of goods from China here in the US, does not mean CHINAS situation is going to get any better, they will still manufactur in these conditions and they will continue to sell to other nations.
Im not saying we shouldnt, Im just saying that its not our fault that China conducts buisness in this way.

edit-

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

do we blame china, or do we blame the US companies who take advantage of this at every turn to make a profit?

You can belame both and even the people buying the products. I try not to buy stuff from China anymore. It even bugs me now to buy a bag of chips that does not have a bio deragdeable bag like Sun Chips just came out with. You are resposible for what you buy, if you buy it you are supporting how its made!!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have seen similar videos and they never fail to leave me stunned. The visuals are powerful. Starred and flagged!!

It is too late to point fingers at who is at fault. The damage is done. How can this be allowed to happen? How can Countries keep allowing such things? It is cruel and inhumane.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was just reading an article today that said 60% of chinese exports are from american owned or controlled factories in china. If you quit buying made in china products you will bankrupt a lot of american companies.

The eggheads in China have told them that they do not have the resources to support a population of over 1.3 billion and that they need a continent sized expansion of area to support their population or they risk total collapse. If faced with collapse or war ... it's possible that they may prefer war.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

You blame the damn greedy consumers that want cheap crap from china. If you people didn't buy that junk, this wouldn't happen. Don't be trying to push the blame for this onto others. You can't fool karma. There will be a horrible backlash to all of this abuse for all of us!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
lets not forget about the NAFTA & GATT treaties.

America might actually have some form of economic production these days if not for these treaties.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Its funny how the U.S gets targeted no matter what country is being discussed, its the U.S.of As fault.
We are not the only ones who buy their crap.
Even if you stopped consumption of goods from China here in the US, does not mean CHINAS situation is going to get any better, they will still manufactur in these conditions and they will continue to sell to other nations.
Im not saying we shouldnt, Im just saying that its not our fault that China conducts buisness in this way.

edit-

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Common Good]

Obviously I stated America because I live in america, and america is one of the biggest importers of chinese goods.

Dont turn this into a sob story. Poor america, gets the blame for everything

How many MAJOR corporations in america outsource to china purely for profit? China is the number one importer to america. So yes, if america backed away, it would DEFINTITELY affect the way they operate.

Is it our fault china operates that way? No. Is it our fault that we perpetuate and take advantage of the situation at every turn, for every penny?

You're damn right it is.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP

America might actually have some form of economic production these days if not for these treaties.

Great point!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

Are you including the Apple products, which the internal components are manufactured are manufactured at the expense of child labor in China, Singapore, Malaysia and other Asian countries whose governments don't respect human rights and treat people like ants??

Most likely the electronic components of major hi-tech brands as Nokia, Motorola, Intel and others, are manufactured in such countries. And these companies should pressure the governments of these nations to stop with child labor.

iPhone and iPod are manufactured at the expense of child labor

**Article in portuguese.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The first step towards change is "Awareness".

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by (C2C)

You can belame both and even the people buying the products. I try not to buy stuff from China anymore. It even bugs me now to buy a bag of chips that does not have a bio deragdeable bag like Sun Chips just came out with. You are resposible for what you buy, if you buy it you are supporting how its made!!

First logical response I think I have seen here.

Star for you.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP

We're still producing lots of ammunition and explosives.
/sarcasm/

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'd rather people live in these conditions in a rapidly developing and improving China, over a China where over 1 billion people are 'supported' by subsistence farming.

[edit on 29/3/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Give them our (printed) money and they poison themselves.

More mutually beneficial exchanges brought to you by globalism.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

The next time you buy a "Made in China" product, Remember this

Ok we all stop buying stuff from china, sounds really warm and fuzzy yeah.

Pitty the people from these towns/ cities would die from starvation,

Has anyone who has posted on this thread ever left their keyboard / Travelled, because you are typing utter bs if you ask me

You got a gripe, look at ya feet, those shoes cost 2 bucks to make, then go smack tiger woods in the face for creating it.

wally

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join