It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Militia Group Charged With Police-Killing Plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Michigan Militia Group Charged With Police-Killing Plot

www.foxnews.com

The FBI conducted weekend raids in three states and arrested eight people tied to a Michigan-based militia group that authorities say was conspiring to kill police officers.

WASHINGTON -- Nine suspects tied to a militia in the Midwest are charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then attack a funeral in the hopes of killing more law enforcement people, federal prosecutors said Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said agents moved on the group because the Hutaree members were planning a violent reconnaissance mission sometime in April -- just a few days away.

Members of the group called Hutaree are charged in the case, including their leader, David Brian Stone, also known as "Captain Hutaree."

Once other officers gathered for a slain officer's funeral, the group planned to detonate homemade bombs at the funeral, killing more, according to newly unsealed court papers.

The indictment includes charges of seditious conspiracy, possessing a firearm during a crime of violence, teaching the use of explosives, and attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction -- homemade bombs

You know this is why militia groups are not going to help the cause of getting us the America back we need. They are trying to kill police officers, and yes there are many, many corrupt officers we all know that (corruption is everywhere) - but killing random officers for fun is not the way to get our rights back, it hurts us all more than we know!

Too bad these groups of people can't put there intelligence together and find something else to do - something more positive.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

These kinds of groups arn't even real militias. They are paramilitary gangs. They are pushing ideologies and manifestos. All they care about is their own agenda.

Reminds me of 18th century French revolutionaries.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Homemade bombs are equal to WMD's? Better arrest the science teacher I had back in 9th grade, he taught all of us how to make pipe bombs. Not that I still remember, but I'm sure others he taught still do.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As soon as 'they' make up some excuse to arrest these guys -you are all over it, believing the official story right away - because it appeared on 'Fox news' - or some equivalent source of propaganda.

Good work with the critical thinking.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
But were they after corrupt cops?

If so... then what's wrong with that?

If not .. then... at least innocent didn't get hurt.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I have waited a few days before commenting and what I have learned so far indicates that the "Plot" to kill policeman with homemade bombs sounds so much like a FBI setup that I cant believe for one second that this idea came from someone inside the militia group.

While I will admit that, yes they are involved, but I'll just bet that the promoters on the inside were the FBI plants that approved it and even supported it. The fact that they went ahead and still prepared just proves to me once again that zealots do not understand that killing innocent victims is not what is needed when confronting the beast that stands before us.

In fact, to do such a crime would have been loudly condemned by the public. This is a key point to remember. As such, this plan had to be offered up by the FBI, funded by the FBI and encouraged at every way along the planning process by the undercover FBI agents that are on the inside. This is what I believe and I doubt I will be proven wrong. While I can respect a commitment to a belief or what one stands for, but killing innocents like the Muslim bombers in Israel do from time to time against the Israelis is not how any group that has any real leadership is going to act or even be willing to allow such a retarded move to plan to kill policemen indiscriminately.

The plan from the beginning was doomed. Using a shotgun when a rifle round will do is and old saying that basically just means you don't kill everyone around your enemy if indeed there are some evil and corrupt law enforcement which I have no doubt there might be. I'm just saying that a real need to confront evil is done by name alone and if there is a criminal in law enforcement that needs to be dealt with, using bombs and maybe killing your target and a lot of innocent victims is the most retarded plan that I have ever heard.

In fact, using bombs at the funeral after killing the victims is straight out of a IRA Irish Republican Army tactic that they would use on their Protestant Irishmen once they killed them with a bomb. When the funeral was taking place, grenades were thrown into the crowd of mourners. I remember seeing this on TV at dinner time.

Now I ask, is that anyway for Americans to act? No, in fact I think time will prove that the plan came from the FBI and was funded and supported by the FBI so as to once again have Christian Militia groups stigmatized in the eyes of the public as smeared by the willing and cooperative media liars. There is indeed an enemy within the gates of America, but if you think blowing up innocent victims is the way to confront that enemy, then the fluoride and all the mercury and high fructose sugar has indeed rotted your brain into something close to lumpy mash potatoes with some brown gravy poured on it.

If you are that far gone to believe that a bomb is the answer then you deserve to be caught, tried and incarcerated because in the world of so called soldiers and warriors for Christ, this kind of leadership kills everyone except who really needs justice and I for one don't think that is how it is suppose to be. There is an avoidance to dance the proper dance. Embracing your dance partner is what is required, and refusing to embrace your dance partner will always ensure a failure because when the dance is finally over, only the dead and the families of the dead will be affected by your inability to embrace your dance partner.

If this recent incident is how militia groups are thinking these days, we will be hearing and seeing more negative news like this one again in the future.

At the present, I will give credit for a crime being prevented, but I do not believe that the idea or the planning and support was accomplished without the FBI being right there on the front line handing over the government money or the bombs to do do such a stupid thing.

Anyway, I guess time will tell, but I hope this is not the growing militia trend, because if it is, it is a complete waste of time and money and the type of action that accomplishes nothing but the ability for more negative propaganda to be spewed forth from all the media liars concerning Christians and militia groups that have valid concerns and personal reasons for being in militias in the first place.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
These guys were not training for survival or deer hunting. They were training for WAR. They were plotting to kill police officers . Do you think the GOV was going to let this fly? These were sick puppies. Good riddance.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
and this isn't terrorism how? If you're in a so called militia and plot to kill innocent civilians, it's not terrorism? what would they have called a muslim militia?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Nice of them to finally settle on a story. I've been following this story since it's beginning here on ATS (read all 22 pages of the Fed Raid thread) and let us go over all the stories that have come out so far.

These militia men were...

- Plotting against Muslim organizations
- Selling Pipe Bombs
- Preparing to fight the Anti-Christ
- Sending threatening messages to politicians
- In possession of WMDs (
)

And there was a good other half dozen stories that came out. Also let's keep in mind these raids were conducted in several different States which makes this story make little sense. If these militias were going to off cops, why would they be in several different places?

Nice of everyone to finally settle on a story.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by InterestedDoubter]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
And so this may bring the forgotten but still very much alive Home grown terrorist bill will be knocking our doors very soon.

Nothing but using some anti government crazies to push more laws and bills to trample on citizens in the nation.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I sold my firearms for grocery money and rent anyway. Let them come knocking. The world is not going to end and I'm not going to spend my life being paranoid about the government taking over. Its insanity! People need to calm down and stop freaking out.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Complete BS propaganda by the FBI and whoever. Don't take the bait! They need an excuse to turn LE and military against the American people. This whole thing smelled of false flag or provocation right from the beginning. They are trying to create an us vs them mindset especially with military. It already seems pretty prevalent with LE.

These arrogant idiots will spark a civil war if they keep this up...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
ABC affiliate in Detroit WXYZ channel 7 is currently reporting law enforcement (FBI) is in a standoff with one of the militia members, Joshua Stone. Sorry I don't have a link to a source, but here's a link to WXYZ's website:

www.wxyz.com...

edit: It's taking place near Hillsdale Michigan
edit: Joshua Stone is the militia member

[edit on 3/29/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

ADRIAN, Mich. (WXYZ) - Law enforcement officials may have found the last suspect in the "Hutaree" case.

Sources tell Action News that the FBI is involved in a standoff in North Adams Village, about 30 miles from the site of Saturday's raid in Adrian. They are believed to be looking for Josh Stone, the son of the group leader David Stone.

The younger Stone has been on the run since the raid. So far the FBI has not commented on the standoff.

Several members of "Hutaree," a religious militia group based out of Lenawee County, are in court facing federal charges that include conspiracy and attempting to use weapons of mass destruction.

Nine people group members have been charged with a list of federal crimes. Seven of the suspects appeared in court Monday morning to be indicted.

Link

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hello there. Please contribute to the previous thread on this discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join