It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wi-Fi anxiety: Man sues neighbor to shut off electronics

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

But you just made my point.

Lets go to chemistry for an analogy. Which I havent visited in a long time. But, if I am recalling correctly, there are certain chemical compounds that are IDENTICAL in composition, yet the way in which they are chemically bonded can determine if they are say...medicinal...or if they are lethal. In particular, I think there was some sort of pre-natal drug or something similar that is a prime example of this?

In any case, is it so hard to look at RF the same way? Certain wavelengths that can even be identical, but because they are implemented differently, have very different effects, at least in certain people? It could be that such effects could happen to everyone, if the perfect frequency and implementation was achieved for their specific tuning.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Despite having this condition, I do in fact consider myself quite lucky. It's almost like having an inbuilt 'kryptonite detector'.

Most others will go in to develop cancer / or other terminal illness because their DNA has been screwed up.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

I had never even heard of this happening to other people until I found this article, thus my interest in see what others had to say. So again, its not a bunch of unfortunate nuts, or just a PR stunt, even if there was a PR stunt and there are nuts. There are nuts who think they have cancer but don't, too? Does that mean cancer isnt real?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Wow! I'm really getting into this thread. I actually spelled Getting as Ghetting in one of my posts. Must be trying to tell me something.

I will PUT up $10,000 and give it to anyone that can detect when a Bluetooth Device or WiFi router is switched On or Off.

The rules of the experiment will be simple.

The Experiment will be Videotaped and if, within any 10 hour Period, the Participant cannot Effectively Determine when a Bluetooth Device or WiFi device is switched on or off the experiment will be deemed to be a failure. No need for blindfolds or ear plugs.

The Participant will be required to sit in a Room with no windows and sound proofed to a certain extent. There will be 6 Devices, 3 Bluetooth and 3 WiFi. These devices will be switched randomly and in staggered time intervals.

So, anyone want to take me up on the offer? 10 grand can be a lot of money to someone.

Anyone?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magzoid
Despite having this condition, I do in fact consider myself quite lucky. It's almost like having an inbuilt 'kryptonite detector'.

Most others will go in to develop cancer / or other terminal illness because their DNA has been screwed up.

never looked it that way. Ive just found it annoying. I mean, Im pretty sure that all of the RF that we have flying about probably isnt going to have any positive effects, I dont imagine, but I don't really worry about it. I use what I can and need for my personal life to be productive, and leave the rest by the wayside.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnine_sweet

G'day saturnine sweet

What about all the RF you're getting while you're on ATS?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
Wow! I'm really getting into this thread. I actually spelled Getting as Ghetting in one of my posts. Must be trying to tell me something.

I will PUT up $10,000 and give it to anyone that can detect when a Bluetooth Device or WiFi router is switched On or Off.

The Experiment will be Videotaped and if, within any 10 hour Period, the Participant cannot Effectively Determine when a Bluetooth Device or WiFi device is switched on or off the experiment will be deemed to be a failure. No need for blindfolds or ear plugs.

The Participant will be required to sit in a Room with no windows and sound proofed to a certain extent. There will be 6 Devices, 3 Bluetooth and 3 WiFi. These devices will be switched randomly and in staggered time intervals.

So, anyone want to take me up on the offer? 10 grand can be a lot of money to someone.

Anyone?

That only works if all devices are implemented in such a manner as to have an effect on the subject. Not all are likely to be, at least, not from my personal experience.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

But that just makes my point some more...about specific implementation in specific devices...

Im beginning to think that some people here are willfully blind...or just causing trouble.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well, this debate has been very interesting, to say the least. It's in fact, one of the threads that I've really enjoyed participating in.

I have to go. I'll be back though so keep on keeping on..

In fact, It just so happens that I'll be seeing a respected Surgeon after I see the Eye Doctor. I am going to ask him if he has ever heard of anyone being sensitive to the Issues discussed here.

It shoulod be interesting to talk to him about it and get his views on the matter. Maybe this is why they don't allow using Mobile Phones in hospitals? I think it has more to do with the equipment though.

Seeya, until I get back.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You guys are going to kill me, but...

Originally posted by saturnine_sweet
Im beginning to think that some people here are willfully blind...or just causing trouble.

In fact, It just so happens that I'll be seeing a respected Surgeon after I see the Eye Doctor.

Now please excuse me while I go warn myself.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by saturnine_sweet
Gives a whole new use to tin-foil hats!

Not really. This is what the original use was about.

Stopping waves from absorbing into the brain by covering it with a material that will reflect those waves.

Basic science.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magzoid
On this basis I am willing to prove to anyone who will allow their ignorant views to be challenged in that I can physically detect anything transmitting above 1.8 mHz.

You don't get it do you?

There has already been tests done on people just like you. They thought they could detect weak radio signals. It turns out they all failed to do better than someone who was guessing.

You will fail too... hence why I bet you 10k.

Here is two scientific studies to back up what I am saying:

Psychosomatic Medicine

Conclusions: The symptoms described by "electromagnetic hypersensitivity" sufferers can be severe and are sometimes disabling. However, it has proved difficult to show under blind conditions that exposure to EMF can trigger these symptoms. This suggests that "electromagnetic hypersensitivity" is unrelated to the presence of EMF, although more research into this phenomenon is required.

Science Direct

This review showed that the large majority of individuals who claims to be able to detect low level RF-EMF are not able to do so under double-blind conditions.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Having worked with a lot of WIFI (installing and administrating) in Schools, I have RARELY had a case of complaint of any physical side effects of WIFI, we were using heavy duty WIFI AP's (CISCO's) mounted on walls and ceilings with long range, most of the time each AP would overlap the others wireless area.
No teachers or students ever complained about a problem, most of the complaints were that the bloody things were not working.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
It is widely known, yet covered up, that living next to high voltage powerlines can have the same effects described by those who say they are sensitive to RF, and there are cancer clusters in these areas, too.

The body and brain relies on electrical impulses. The brain particularly has a very complex electrical make-up, and it would be wholly rediculous to suggest that external RF sources couldn't interfere with it.

I agree wholeheartedly, Electronic technolgy will be our downfall, I truely believe with what you have written, despite studies saying otherwise, I tend to trust my own gut feeling and it points to MOBILE PHONES, causing all sorts of problems in our brains.

I have this image of people 100 years from now saying the below, just like we do now about cigarettes, big business = no morals.

Q "Why did people use these things knowing full well it would kill them"
A "They didn't know, the governments said it was safe for them to do so, therefore, they didn't question it"

[edit on 29-3-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Anyone?

I herewith accept your challenge.

However, see my post earlier in regards to the 'drunk effect' this has to be a precondition of the test - it's what happens to most people with ES and the test should follow this principle. Switching on and off like a lights switch will not work. It has to be an 'on for 5 minutes' in any time window for the effects to kick in then an hour or so (depending on the proximity and strength) for the effects to wear off before the test can continue otherwise the previous exposures' effects will cross contaminate the next phase.

Also the signal has to be in the wi-fi range - > 2.1 GhZ to be safe to get a good exposure.

I live in Sydney, Australia and happy for the results to be filmed and posted on here.

edit to correct typo

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Magzoid]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by crackerjack
Having worked with a lot of WIFI (installing and administrating) in Schools, I have RARELY had a case of complaint of any physical side effects of WIFI, we were using heavy duty WIFI AP's (CISCO's) mounted on walls and ceilings with long range, most of the time each AP would overlap the others wireless area.
No teachers or students ever complained about a problem, most of the complaints were that the bloody things were not working.

"Rarely" as in never? or maybe one or two?

there is at least one documented case involving a teacher in the UK: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
conspiracy of environmentalists trying to make us comeback to the stone age or real problem?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Trying to get back OT, the man filing the lawsuit did the right thing in the first place by asking for her to switch off the iphone and router but she has probably got it all hooked up on an expensive contract that she just dismissed him.

One other option the guy has is to RF shield his home - this can be expensive however

I commend him for filing a lawsuit because this is bringing the plight of many people to the MSM. There are however skeptics on here and in the wider world that are cynical to the intention and that is understandable from the factual scientific standpoint.

The issue here is not the harmful effects of Wi-Fi et-al. Scientists have proves that there is no heating from these devices that cause molecular breakage.

It's the nausea and headaches that are the issue these are caused by molecular cells to be 'bounced around' not dangerous just intensely annoying and debilitating and affecting quality of life.

I have ES too like the OP and the guy in the lawsuit. I can see both sides of the argument but I don't see the suit going to be successful because of the financial impacts on the outcome for the wider world.

I pray that he wins his lawsuit because it will shed light on millions worldwide who suffer from this and they will get the support they need to manage the condition properly.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The power of these appliances are so low in comparison to EM from other household appliances.

Are we going to ALSO ban wireless mice & all other RF emissions because of the crazy people who blame RF signals for their dour moods & mental disorders! Try banning satellites or the sun and see how far that gets ya'!

The neighbour getting sued is being harassed by this retard, and should sue for harassment charges, and claim this man is causing HIM anxiety.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by john124]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
The power of these appliances are so low in comparison to EM from other household appliances.

Are we going to ALSO ban wireless mice & all other RF emissions because of the crazy people who blame RF signals for their dour moods & mental disorders! Try banning the sun and see how far that gets ya'!

wanna bet $10k that I can prove this phenomena is real?

edit to add that the sun doesn't cause nausea/health effects on an RF basis unless you're of vampire origin.

I'm ES but don't get affected by the sun - probably because my ancestors have evolved with it over millennia. On the other hand, wi-fi- has been around for an evolutionary split second and forgive me for having the genetic makeup to detect that it's a problem for some people

. I'm merely advising you as a fellow human that this technology is causing problems to humans.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Magzoid]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join