It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 nonsense

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment
reply to post by hippomchippo

Fair enough. I don't like the exploitation either. I would like it much more if people would through their behaviors and words bring about a sort of change in society, rather than milking on people's desire for something new or for a merciful death (which I guess is also something new). However, I do not know that all who promote 2012 do so for the wrong reasons, so I will not judge. People choose to be a catalyst in their own way. Not saying that there are not those who feed paranoia for money, as that seems obvious. But those who approach the scenario in a different light I will not judge.

Obviously not everyone exploits it, but ALOT of people do, enough to make discrediting the entire theory worthwhile.
Just look at the amount of books and movies about 2012.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

i think, all the information surrounding 2012 could be looked at as a needle in a haystack.

you look at haystack, and without a doubt it looks like a haystack, but the thing you don't see is the needle.

this can be compared to 2012, because while you may look at all the general information and somewhat understand the information regarding 2012, you won't find the needle, or the truth, unless you look deeply and thoroughly through the haystack.

sounds a bit cliche, i know.
the point however is still valid.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Try the solar flares.

THAT is the one that makes sense to me. There was a flare in 1859 that if happened today, would knock out everything. It will happen eventually, if not in 2012.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157

i think, all the information surrounding 2012 could be looked at as a needle in a haystack.

you look at haystack, and without a doubt it looks like a haystack, but the thing you don't see is the needle.

this can be compared to 2012, because while you may look at all the general information and somewhat understand the information regarding 2012, you won't find the needle, or the truth, unless you look deeply and thoroughly through the haystack.

sounds a bit cliche, i know.
the point however is still valid.

What information surrounding 2012?
Do you mean the books, and movies I was talking about? Because I believe that there will be neither a grand awakening of mankind nor the total destruction of mankind, nor any of the other theories that are out there that have no actual science behind them.
Show me some actual science, and that will be the needle

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Try the solar flares.

THAT is the one that makes sense to me. There was a flare in 1859 that if happened today, would knock out everything. It will happen eventually, if not in 2012.

That would be valid and solar flares are a real threat to society, but not in 2012, as the solar maximum has been reschedueled to May of 2013, sorry.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think 2012 is DisInfo, I rather think it will happend 2010 or 2011, or it is just a hype for something else.

i see almost all 2012 related radio shows and youtube vids, most of them are garbage, but it is the ones with ordinary husbonds with wifes who quit their jobs and are just putting forth mainstream articles and try to put them into context to see if it can be linked to possible influences from space that are intresting.

Nasa articles like : Mystery force baffles Nasa and Nasa admits to Sun's Nemesis etc that makes me thinnk, okey, maybe it is something there..

Like millions of dinosaur corpes found on the other side of some mountain somewhere (Cant remember the name of the mountain) , but, sad debunkers say , 'oh, they were blown there by and gigantic tornado' , like a tornade can pick up a million dino's and place them far away...
Stuff like that say Something has happend, like the frosen forest under the Artic Ice, not old rotten stubs, but flash frozes forests..... Etc...

Sure there are some 'text book answere' to all of this..

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Are you saying im not going to vibrate into the 5th density and become a gold mining sex slave to the nibiru dwelling annunaki?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
I think 2012 is DisInfo, I rather think it will happend 2010 or 2011, or it is just a hype for something else.

i see almost all 2012 related radio shows and youtube vids, most of them are garbage, but it is the ones with ordinary husbonds with wifes who quit their jobs and are just putting forth mainstream articles and try to put them into context to see if it can be linked to possible influences from space that are intresting.

Nasa articles like : Mystery force baffles Nasa and Nasa admits to Sun's Nemesis etc that makes me thinnk, okey, maybe it is something there..

Like millions of dinosaur corpes found on the other side of some mountain somewhere (Cant remember the name of the mountain) , but, sad debunkers say , 'oh, they were blown there by and gigantic tornado' , like a tornade can pick up a million dino's and place them far away...
Stuff like that say Something has happend, like the frosen forest under the Artic Ice, not old rotten stubs, but flash frozes forests..... Etc...

Sure there are some 'text book answere' to all of this..

That NASA article is talking about nemisis though, which theoretically is placed outside of our solar system currently and wouldn't be able to reach us by 2012 anyway.
The dinosaur corpses I can't comment on because I don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

Time will not tell. Time is an infinite loop. Unless you meant that time will tell when it runs out.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Show me some actual science,

no thanks.

you don't need hard science to see whats right in front of you.

the internet for example, just the fact we are able to have this conversation, debating this very idea proves more than you can imagine.

and just look at the last 100 years, and the progress we have made as a global race.
from looking at the idea of flying as a joke, to designing and building jet engines.
things are moving, right on schedule

this whole 2012 thing, in my opinion is the natural evolution of mankind.

where will we be in 2 years? let alone 5 or 10?
i have no clue.

point is, don't be so naive. truth is often crazier than fiction.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157

Show me some actual science,

no thanks.

you don't need hard science to see whats right in front of you.

the internet for example, just the fact we are able to have this conversation, debating this very idea proves more than you can imagine.

and just look at the last 100 years, and the progress we have made as a global race.
from looking at the idea of flying as a joke, to designing and building jet engines.
things are moving, right on schedule

this whole 2012 thing, in my opinion is the natural evolution of mankind.

where will we be in 2 years? let alone 5 or 10?
i have no clue.

point is, don't be so naive. truth is often crazier than fiction.

Yes you're right, I don't need hard evidence to see it.
I DO need hard evidence to be SURE its there.
And sorry, but us progressing as a species is by no means proof that we will have a 2012 event.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
How dare you speak sense sir!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Right, some guy made a huge hit 9/11 movie on youtube some years back, called 'the ultimate conn' and he have a new presentation out in Feb.2010, very intresting even tho he starts with the norway spiral. LOL.

He has this web site (Text/photo Ver.): Lucus at New World Books : the destroyer star

Video Version : Lucus at etc.
Im guessing your gonna comment without even watching one episode of the 12 in total, so do with it as you like !

Disclaimer, I am NOT saying he is absolutely Correct in any way, just that it is very intresting to listen too...

Edit:

What the heck,I'm gonna toss this one right in here:

This is a 12 part lecture too, so, grab some coffee..

For those who dont watch these videos, I can say that both of these speakers have one thing in common: They both say planetX very well mey be just around the corner and will be here in 2010 or early 2011.

That is the supposed 2012 disinfo, according to these folks, the Govt. know that people dont do any thing including panicing until the lates possible moment !

[edit on 23/3/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Right, some guy made a huge hit 9/11 movie on youtube some years back, called 'the ultimate conn' and he have a new presentation out in Feb.2010, very intresting even tho he starts with the norway spiral. LOL.

He has this web site (Text/photo Ver.): Lucus at New World Books : the destroyer star

Video Version : Lucus at etc.
Im guessing your gonna comment without even watching one episode of the 12 in total, so do with it as you like !

Disclaimer, I am NOT saying he is absolutely Correct in any way, just that it is very intresting to listen too...

I think you understand why I won't watch the entire series, as I don't have quite as much free time as I'd like, but he referenced a couple of magazines in the beginning that talk about the search for planet x, and I have to say that the problem that made scientists think that there was a planet x(gravitational disturbances)has been solved due to a recalculation of neptune(?)s mass, I will read and watch the rest and get back to you, thanks

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

And sorry, but us progressing as a species is by no means proof that we will have a 2012 event.

no it isn't.

to be honest i feel a lot of the 2012 theories believed by most people are just hype.

i believe this whole consciousness evolution has been happening since our known history.

and the period we are in right now, is the peak of this evolution.
there will come a point, where government and media agendas become transparent to everyone, not just the people organizing them.

2012 will not be when things start to occur, or when people notice one big event.

this i feel, is already happening and shall really become obvious in late 2010 and early 2011.

once 2012 rolls around, i feel a good majority of people will understand what is going on and shall be prepared for whats next to come.

hopefully at least.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I understand completely, who have time for listening to something one dont believe in , no one, thats why things dont change..

I dont belive it either, I need to see it first, even if it was a charcoal iron lump with powerful noderings that hides behind a flashlighte in a pitch black room, I dont see that charcoal until it burns my face ! But Ill see it then.. LOL..

BTW, Both MJ and Woods is on media again these days.. Look here look here..

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Try the solar flares.

That would be valid and solar flares are a real threat to society, but not in 2012, as the solar maximum has been reschedueled to May of 2013, sorry.

well the prediction is December 2012. close enough.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Try the solar flares.

well the prediction is December 2012. close enough.

Not when it's supposed to be divine knowledge or from aliens

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I understand completely, who have time for listening to something one dont believe in , no one, thats why things dont change..

I dont belive it either, I need to see it first, even if it was a charcoal iron lump with powerful noderings that hides behind a flashlighte in a pitch black room, I dont see that charcoal until it burns my face ! But Ill see it then.. LOL..

BTW, Both MJ and Woods is on media again these days.. Look here look here..

It's not the fact I don't believe in it, I'll watch anything I don't believe in, thats why I watch fantasy and sci fi movies.
And let me remind you that being on the media says nothing about your credibility.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
As far as solar flares causing destrution in 2012, it is a possibility. Top scientists have changed their predictions every few years and seemed to be caught off gaurd the recent lack of activity. Even if they are correct about May 2013 being the next peak, that is only 5 months after Dec. 21, 2012.
However, I could be biased since I just rented the movie 2012 and then went out and bought a limo built for drag racing. See you at the Ark!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join