It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FNORD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
dont you mean ford? a good car...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It's true, you fnord know.

10 Tons of Flax?

hehe.....as far as the Principia goes, I have the paperback myself....funny as hell to read...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
If you liked the Principia you'd love the Illuminatus trilogy.

Consider it the Discordian apocrypha.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Already have it, Para....great read, if I say so myself.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Remain Calm. There is nothing to see here citizen...
The Fnords do not really exist.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
We have our very own JAM! Who would've thought...

I haven't met this many people familiar with Discordian lore since college. I'm very pleasantly surprised.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Any of you heard of this word "FNORD"? It supposedly has some secret meaning within the illuminati or something. People who claim to know the meaning of this word usually say "Your not cleared for that". Do a websearch on it, you'll find some strange stuff.

CC

you were right what you said about finding strange stuff check out what i found
staticfree.info...

kybele.psych.cornell.edu...
(notice where it should say ford it says fnord)

maybe FNORD is just another fast growing auto maker

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
voluntarily deleted off-topic content

[edit on 21-1-2006 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
As you'll no doubt guess from my username, I'm a big "Illuminatus!" fan.

"Fnord" appears with the line in the book "Then he began to see the fnords". The authors keep us in suspense as to the meaning of the sentance for a long time. then, in true Discordian fashion, they reveal the meaning rather ambiguously. This is how I interpreted it: The fnords appear to be words or messages placed in plain view all around us that we are hypnotized to ignore, so our conscious mind never perceives them. In newspapers and on TV for instance. The Illuminati then have a canary in a cage, so to speak. When the public start writing in to the newpapers and phoning the TV stations saying "Hey what's these words doing here?" then they'll know that the mass mind hypnotic trance is breaking up.

On another forum someone corrected me on this, saying that the fnords are simply messages that the Illuminati use to communicate, in secret because they're the only people who can see them. I'm not sure what the authors intended "fnord" to be. But the beauty of the trilogy is that because of its anarchic style the reader can almost make up their own story from anything portrayed!

Ewige Blumenkraft!

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
fnord

Hi,

Intriguing subject!

More references:
. en.wikipedia.org...
. en.wikipedia.org...

brotherthebig.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
fnord is the idea of an everything.

fake and an reality

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
the fnord is apparently a "hidden" word or letter you cant see due to being programed not to see it from an early age but to still be affected by it.
apparently it appears in papers and new shows to instill a feeling of panic into you.
who knows if it is true or not but there used to be scrawled on a railway bridge in london "I HAVE SEEN THE FNORDS"

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Actually, if my interpretation was correct, "FNORD" actually refers to a "wtf" moment when one realizes that a piece of media propagation or communication is of the fallacious variety whose intent is to instill a sense of panic or urgency into the communicatee.

As such, a fnord can be any grammatical or visual representation and as well is not specific to any time frame or region.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
JoshNorton also has it flashing up at the bottom of his avatar here in this forum. I find it kind of irritating, so maybe it serves its purpose

PEACE,
RK

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I saw the fnords the other day during Philosophy class... but I can't remember what brought it on. I wrote in my notebook that I had seen them, but....

Ewige Blumenkraft!

(About all, there is a distinct smell of onions. Or something.)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Explanation:
OMFG! I've been here before!

Fnord? How Deep is Yours! [ATS]

Personal Disclosure:
Basically...If you have to ask, :shk: then you are clearly not cleared for that!

P.S. Hail Eris! Hail Achlys!
Pssst. Eaten any hotdogs with buns recently???

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
JoshNorton also has it flashing up at the bottom of his avatar here in this forum. I find it kind of irritating, so maybe it serves its purpose

PEACE,
RK
If you can't see the _____s, the _____s won't eat you.

(Though I am surprised, I don't think I've ever seen anyone else on ATS that I can recall using an animated gif for their avatar...)

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hail Eris.

You'd better button up your asshole, the Fnord's are so deeply Fnorded that at this point telling Fnord from Fact will be impossible.

Discord: their circle really wasnt very big. The first decade or two are at least pretty easy to figure out if you arent scared to get your hands dirty.

Mytho's, mythology, memetics, group think. These are all things that fascinate your typical discordian, especially the people involved earlier on.

They were very interested in Myth. How myths have worked and can work but more importantly, they seemed to be very fascinated with the power of the myth. The power of ideas.

The early discords understood very well how the world of mythology, ideas and information in general function. Some of them sometimes set out to experiment with mythology.

A large amount of discordian stuff is has purposely cloaked the 'truth' in ambiguity. Ahh, truth. What is truth? I think that is 'their' first and maybe most important question. 'their' purpose has often been to experiment with 'truth' and what it means.

The early discords speak through parable. Everything is cloaked in mystery. It has intentionally been left up to YOU to decide the truth.

You may be surprised just how much these 'guys' have been involved with. Things we take for granted......

What is the significance of 17?

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Brahmanite]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
What? I have no ties to any SubGenius organisation....this pope card means NOTHING....NOTHING I tell you!

Besides all the REAL SubGenius have been replaced by clones when they left. Fnord that.

Originally posted by theron dunn
info.astrian.net...
From the Jargon Dictionary

fnord

n. [from the "Illuminatus Trilogy"] 1. A word used in email and news postings to tag utterances as surrealist mind-play or humor, esp. in connection with Discordianism and elaborate conspiracy theories. "I heard that David Koresh is sharing an apartment in Argentina with Hitler. (Fnord.)" "Where can I fnord get the Principia Discordia from?" 2. A metasyntactic variable, commonly used by hackers with ties to Discordianism or the Church of the SubGenius.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hail Eris!

Hail JoshNorton!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join