It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Methane Leak Detected in Arctic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

You still don't get it that the info YOU quoted as proof that volcanoes cause or create more CO2 than humans ACTUALLY is proof of EXACTLY the opposite! How bright is your bulb?
Read your quoted figures again, or didn't you realise that a billion is more than a million and that 30 billion tons is ALOT more than 255 million tons!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
i also posted more stuff that states the natrual release of co2, not just that 1 part.

and to be honest, if its good enough for all you deluded believers to believe in squewed facts, why cant i! hahahahaha

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This venting is happening on all the planets in our system. I would have to say it has alot to do with all the recent solar activity. The increase in energy released by our sun heats up or little rocks from the inside.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Anyone got a match?

Well someone had to say it..........

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
I wonder if after a bit too much vodka, they dropped their "methane sensor" down the head and not down the hatch. XD For months they thought it was trailing the ship, when actually it was sitting in their waste tank.

We don't need anymore global warming rubbish.

That's it.. .keep your head in the sand. All will be JUST fine, right? heh...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

HAHAHA Wow! You sir are an idiot. Can you read or do simple math? It is obvious that the people that think humans aren't affecting the environment are the ones who didn't do very well in school.

I know the intelligent people already noticed, but I think it is worth pointing out the retardation again.

Comparison of CO2 emissions from volcanoes vs. human activities.
Scientists have calculated that volcanoes emit between about 130-230 million tonnes (145-255 million tons) of CO2 into the atmosphere every year (Gerlach, 1991). This estimate includes both subaerial and submarine volcanoes, about in equal amounts.
Emissions of CO2 by human activities, including fossil fuel burning, cement production, and gas flaring, amount to about 27 billion tonnes per year (30 billion tons)

Lets see 30 billion tons from human activities > 255 million from volcanoes.

Just incase you still don't understand a billion is a more than a million.

Infact 30 billion tons divided by 255 million tons equals 117.6 times more tons of CO2 in the atmosphere from human activities than volcanoes.

It is ok to be embarrassed now.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I am with you on this one. If methane can be used as an energy source, why are we not attempting to harvest it. hell, it could be used to create hydrogen. Since the main argument for that is you have to use so much energy to produce it, why not use some free energy?

Just think, if the idea catches on, perhaps we could start harvesting our own. beans and cabbage would be all the rage.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Remember "Beyond Thunderdome", last of the Road Warrior series, where they were using methane from pig manure to power the city?

From my understanding there is a great deal of potential for methane recovery from excrement, land fills, and swamps, which isn't being tapped.

When the phony power crisis was created back in 2001 robbing the people of California out of several billion, estimate from $16B to $80B, one of the biggest losers, if not the biggest loser was the green energy companies who were the power providers who didn't get paid, and green energy, which had been taking over, was forced out of the state through corrupt business practices.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There must be no news about. This is quite an old story, the mail would have had to dig this up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join