It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cleveland UFO: What on Earth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

G'day TheOracle

For purposes of keeping discussions organised & focused, I don't think members should start a new (or even 3rd or 4th?) thread about topics that are already on the board.

Regarding the lights.....

The video is too poor to draw any conclusions.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Magnus47 makes an interesting point : they are going to have to be perfectly unambiguous about revealing themselves in order to avoid misidentification as yet another Pentagon black project!
I've just Wiki'ed Sirius, and it's more visible in summer, and doesn't change colour frequently, more between sightings. This thing seems rather too high up for that far north.
Yes it's a crap sighting, yes it's a crap photo, but all the same the mundane explanations are running out.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

I think we get it already

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Sigh, another ufo sighting, with no real pictures. Wow a light in the sky. Why is it, that whenever there is a ufo sighting, that no one has a good quality camera? Everyone sure seems to get good pics of everything else that randomly happens, but when it comes to ufo's all of a sudden its like camera's are back in the 80's.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by xxshadowfaxx]

[edit on 13-3-2010 by xxshadowfaxx]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

indeed it is, if the gov was worried they'd be on it like a shot and they are not so its just another media hype for now...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Pretty interesting.

I have a buddy travelling there in the next couple days on business. He's a photographer and says he'll try and get some pictures if there's anything to be seen.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Interesting, for many reasons.

1. Very deliberate, very public, very consistent.

2. Unexplained, leading to continued interest, excitement, fear.

Propaganda for perpetuating number two, perhaps, because of

1. Psychic or emotional energy fuels these appearances,

2. Fear and excitement are useful to whoever is doing this.

Of course, disclosure could be an option, but that has not been exercised, as one poster pointed out.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
As soon as someone with a good camera arrives on scene this thing will disappear. You'd think after 8 days, someone would have figured it out by now. So I'm calling hoax until proven otherwise.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If I didn't have plans for the weekend, I would drive out there, it's not all that far for me. If it's still around next weekend I'll probably go. I guess I'm not too convinced yet of how urgent it is.

After all, there are two lights shown in the video. One seems to be stationary while the other moves behind a building. Until further evidence is presented, the stationary one could easily be a star and the moving one could be a plane.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong. I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
8 nights in a row , and that's the best shots taken ?
8 nights in a row , and no one can set up a tri-pod?
This is a lousy light and lousy sighting.

Honestly, it looks too me like the effect a laser makes projected over a distance. Maybe some hoaxer out there with a boat is aiming it up in the sky toward the clouds, or out over the water into a fog bank (that is in between the witnesses and the hoaxer).

Don't mean to poo-poo anybody's ideas, just for myself I find the videos so far to be completely un-interesting.

PS: The perceived movement on the video can also be attributed to movement/jittering of the camera. There's nothing else in frame for a point of reference. That's why I hate this type of "lights-in-the-sky" thing, you just really can't determine anything from it.

[edit on 2010-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

i wouldn't really bother to be honest they only want you to spend your money while your there!, there's always going to be a state where they need money pumping in so out pump the stories!!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by babylonstew
interesting stuff S&F
however, in about 10 mins, experts will come along and explain it as a star, most likely sirius, forgetting that witnesses clain it 'zips around the sky'

It did no such thing in the video, and eyewitnesses aren't exactly a reliable source.

The camera was moving around significantly and it looks like Venus zoomed in and not focussed.

The apparent movement can be attributed to bad focussing, cloud movements and time elapsed videos from different time frames stitched together. It's all a hoax.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by john124]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Look folks,this simply is not dang good enough.
A couple of years back,if there was some kind of event in a certain US state,there would be some ATS members on the scene,within days.

Here we have a potential UFO event(or a fake event/nasa project to be exposed),
And no ATS folks on the scene!!!

Come on brothers and sisters.
Who is near? Get down there,and document it !
Get some decent video/good stills!
Will it happen again tonight-get down there!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
the other trick is to get a helium balloon wrap it in foil send it up way high on string, fishing line etc and laser it,

I went to a party that had a mass of them doing it to freak the locals out in the fields where it can be visibly seen.
it was ace
oh heck you can send up L.E.D.S attached too!

[edit on 13-3-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

I think we get it already

Sorry. my computer is crappy and reposted every time I hit refresh because the page was loading slow.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

She apologized if it had been posted already. Read moar?

It's a neat series of events, that's for sure. I'll be following it.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wouldn't Venus be visible low over the lake looking west at that time of night?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
We had very similar UFO sightings last year's summer here in Crete.

Here's my thread about them: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have deleted my footages on youtube (most of which were't of good quality), but if someone's very interested in seeing them, msg me and i'll upload them somewhere.

Ko3

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
although i dont doubt there are ufo's in that area, as they've been reported for years, it is likely Sirius. that being said, i think a lot of things in the sky may be both known natural objects AND something sketchy or unknown, combined. so maybe its both. who knows.
but..
i used the Stellarium astronomy software to pinpoint the objects in the night sky for the past week, from the Ohio location, at the times the UFO was seen, and they seem to correspond to Sirius, same place, time, duration, direction, and height in the sky. as for the brilliant multicolor display, i found this article that explains it.

"Orion, gang make gazing cool" article
Published: March 7, 2010

"...the star that really gets your attention in Canis Major is Sirius, the brightest star in the night sky. Sirius is a Greek name that translates into English as "the scorcher." Its brilliance is chiefly due to its close proximity to us, relatively speaking. The big shiner is only 8.6 light years away, or about 50 trillion miles away. Sirius is about twice the mass and twice the diameter of our sun. A fun thing to do with Sirius is to look at it with a small telescope or even a pair of binoculars, especially when it's really low in the sky and its light has to pierce through more of Earth's atmosphere. That causes the light to scintillate violently, making it flicker with all of the colors of the rainbow, kind of like a cosmic kaleidoscope."

republicanherald.com...

(sorry if i get the link thing wrong, im new)

im a skywatcher and amateur photographer in the bay area in California, and i see this a lot, it looks like a carnival ride in the sky for a couple hours, then gets higher and smaller, not as colorful. but i also see lots of UFOs and weirdness here, too.
either way, its fun trying to figure it out!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ill say one thing, im getting a very bad feeling about this.

If you guys do travel to these types of events, after recent events about loonies being terrorist loonies.. Be VERY weary to who you talk to, and what they are talking about. Do not get sucked into any political conversation.

Lights in the sky, for hours you say?
near a government organization you say(not sure but i think i read somewhere this is near a nasa complex??)

My gut is telling me this is some kind of show put on by the government and further hyped through the media to get exactly what they want.

Bodies on the ground, names, talking to people.

Edit: Another thing that comes to mind is that they may be testing real stealth tech, Maybe they are shining lasers at a true stealth aircraft... In the video it sure does look like its just someone out there with a laser. The changing of the colors could easily be a test to see if a certain spectrum detects it better then others. Looking at this from that aspect it sure does look like something is being tested, even the helo's circling... there just seems to be alot of variables here they could be testing against.

the human aspect, the inflight helo's, and against a directed laser that changes spectrums. i mean... thats how i'd test a real stealth craft in the final stages?

[edit on 13-3-2010 by BetweenTheLine]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join