It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cleveland UFO: What on Earth?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Man!

Just what DID those news agencies ask the FAA?

---------
Reporter: Witnesses are reporting stationary and moving lights flashing many brilliant, solid colors. Does that light pattern correlate with anything you've got in the skies?

FAA Rep: No, that doesn't sound like an airplane or a helicopter.

"Now, could you possibly check the radar data at the time of the reported sighting to see what, if anything, you had in that area?"

FAA Rep: Yeah, we have a lot of traffic in that area, 24/7.
---------
Later that evening on the news......

Reporter: We've talked to the FAA, we've spoken with NASA and the Pentagon....and the "FAA acknowledges that the light pattern seems different..."
---------

I feel...I guess, if this wasn't picked up by MSM, I wouldn't have followed it as I have. Then I wonder, why should I trust them on this if I don't trust them on anything else.

Poor Eugene. Thrusts himself into the national spotlight over his excitement about a couple of airplanes.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by InfaRedMan

MSNBC interviews Nick Pope

I find it odd that it has such a conventional explantion. I thought people have been seeing these "strange lights" for days! According the youtube (in the above link) MSNBC reports that the FFA already issued a statement saying the lights don't match up with commercial flight paths...?

No, they didn't say flight paths. They said the light patterns "seem different". The news wire reported on the FAA addressing the reported light patterns being witnessed, not that flight paths didn't match up with the objects. In fact, that wasn't addressed in the initial reports.

Additionally, (and possibly I should have just made one long post above), I live near a small, commercial airport, almost directly north of one. Mostly small planes, helicopters, and private jets. I'd like to share an experience that I have had that is similar to this.

I had recently moved here, so my location in relation to the airport was a new one. On a clear summer night, my fiance and I were outside discussing some UFO reports I had been reading (the good, oldies via FOI). Somehow we'd gotten onto the subject of abductions and what not...my mind began to wander.

Out of the corner of my eye, to the south, I saw a twinkling light. Focusing now, what appeared to be a brilliant, yellow-orange-red light was hovering barely on the horizon. I thought wow! that's weird, and monitored it silently as my fiance and I continued to chat.

A minute or so later, I began to notice that it was indeed moving, only slightly, a few degrees upwards every 30 seconds or so. I began to get a little frightened. I then watched this object begin to rise much, much more rapidly. Not light speed, not mach...but more like 1 degree every few seconds, from my perspective.

At this point I had stopped talking and listening, and my fiance took notice of the object too. Anyway, I'm rambling. To wrap up, it was in sheer terror that I watched this UFO identify itself as an airplane approaching from the south with it's landing lights on. Only when it went overheard and circled to land did I realize what it truly was.

I think I'll start a thread; do some creative writing on my experience. Aliens & UFOs, or My Story?

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Elepheagle]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

Yeah I can totally see some miscommunication between the media and the FFA. I imagine the FFA has gotten their share of UFO reports over the years and they are probably tired of it. Sounds like they were asked a few questions and basically regurgitated the information back without really examining evidence...
I.E.- Q: Does this seem unusual? FAA: Yup seems a bit unusual.

Here's a star for responding to my post, thanks!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I'm not sure what to make of MSNBCs report after seeing it for myself. I think this is moreso the doing of Eugene. I think the sensationality of it comes from his want to be on the news.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Before I go on, I will say this- I do have the video footage, I am just waiting to get a hold of a different camera, as it seems that mine will no longer connect to my computers firewire input. The computer just isnt recognizing it,
-GreyFox

Thanks for going out there and investigating.

I hope you haven't fried your firewire circuits somehow. I had some bad luck with a firewire audio interface.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Still working on getting the video off of the camera. I am meeting up with one of the contacts I made at the scene tomorrow to put the mini dv tape into one of his cameras, since my camera is still not cooperating.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

From what you are saying that you have seen some strange light?? reading your two posts .

are you still skeptic about these lights?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Wertman and MUFON officially announce the conclusion that it's just planes headed to Hopkins.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Seen lots of lights in the sky here over the last few years. (europe). ALso seen them changing colors. I know what all the aircraft look like and I know when I am seeing something different and out of place. Its a pleasant relief to see a story like this. I can relate completely to this.

The big problem with this story is the coverage and how they seem to be relying on members of the public to cover it. For 9 days and they haven't sent anyone on location? Because of how it is been covered it just stinks.

Set this story going for 2weeks. SO lots of people start talking to friends and families about maybe something they have seen before too.

Then after 2weeks they send somebody down, reveal the logical explanation as to what it is and in turn make anyone who spoke about it being a ufo or spoke about a ufo experience look like a complete and utter fool. Ahh those crazies that believe that ufo's are about, luatics.

Just don't trust this coverage at all. And i won't mind being proved wrong if thats the case :-)

peace

Very dissapointed I was proved correct. But not surprised. So how many you folks talked to your friends about his story?

2 questions.
Why did they let this story drag on for so long?
Why the hell don't people know how to spot a bloody plane?

Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You can also blame this on a group of nonsensical idiots like Micheal Lee Hill who got a record deal over his youtube video which he claims is UFOs

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Then after 2weeks they send somebody down, reveal the logical explanation as to what it is and in turn make anyone who spoke about it being a ufo or spoke about a ufo experience look like a complete and utter fool. Ahh those crazies that believe that ufo's are about, luatics.

I don't think this is the fault of the media. I think you can put the blame squarely on the shoulders of people within ufology. Like Nick Pope going on MSNBC and calling this a "significant sighting" when he knew nothing and no one had seriously investigated it at all. Or the team from UFO Hunters validating Michael Lee Hill's footage.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by DelMarvel]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I came here looking for information on what I saw last night and found this thread. My observations are similar to those at Lake Eerie, but not exact. And I reside in Virginia. Either way I just registered here so I can post this. I will try to leave my thoughts and opinions out of my post and just share the "facts" that I witnessed last night.

On 3/18/10 at approx 11pm I went outside and sat in my car with my brother to "smoke." No it was not cigarettes, yes you can say I was under the influence. While I don't feel that situation affected my judgement, I feel its necessary to include that information (just being honest). As we're sitting there my brother looks out the window and says "do you see that flashing light over there?" I look and answer "yes, probably a plane." About 30 seconds later a plane flies overhead, I point it out to my brother and say "see, just a plane." He responds, "no, its still over there." We get out the car for a closer look and see what appears to be a star or planet that seems to be flashing. After a couple of minutes of debating what this object is, I run inside and search for my binoculars. About 3 minutes later I come back outside and look at the object. Although my hands were shaky and my binoculars are 10 dollar cheapos, the "star" did seem to be the form of a triangle. The top point appeared red, the bottom left blue and bottom right green. My brother looked and agreed, but noticed a whiteish/yellow color that seemed to be in the middle of the three lights. Viewing the object with the naked eye makes it seem to flash or strobe a pattern of red, blue, green, and white or yellow. We observed this for about 25 minutes before going back inside. About an hour and a half later I went back outside and the object was gone. The whole time we were looking at it, it appeared stationary. It never moved, it didn't fly around, it just sat there.

I'm well aware this could have been literally ANYTHING. I'm guessing its probably a planet or star, but something resonated with me after reading this thread. Does anyone have information or opinions on what this was? And more importantly, can anyone explain why this star/planet appears to flash, and be arranged in a triangle pattern?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillinger1983
...I reside in Virginia.
...On 3/18/10 at approx 11pm

As we're sitting there my brother looks out the window and says "do you see that flashing light over there?" I look and answer "yes, probably a plane." About 30 seconds later a plane flies overhead, I point it out to my brother and say "see, just a plane." He responds, "no, its still over there." We get out the car for a closer look and see what appears to be a star or planet that seems to be flashing. After a couple of minutes of debating what this object is, I run inside and search for my binoculars. About 3 minutes later I come back outside and look at the object. Although my hands were shaky and my binoculars are 10 dollar cheapos, the "star" did seem to be the form of a triangle. The top point appeared red, the bottom left blue and bottom right green. My brother looked and agreed, but noticed a whiteish/yellow color that seemed to be in the middle of the three lights. Viewing the object with the naked eye makes it seem to flash or strobe a pattern of red, blue, green, and white or yellow. We observed this for about 25 minutes before going back inside. About an hour and a half later I went back outside and the object was gone. The whole time we were looking at it, it appeared stationary. It never moved, it didn't fly around, it just sat there.

...I'm guessing its probably a planet or star

So am I. If you told us what direction it was, and how far above the horizon (a fist at arm's length is about ten degrees), I can tell you exactly what should have been in the sky at the time, then *you* could tell us where it was in relation to those things.

Flashing, twinkling and rainbow colours are all quite normal for something reasonably low to the horizon, especially if the atmosphere is hazy or there are disturbances between you and it (winds, hot/cold layers, turbulence, thin clouds). Also, cheap binoculars, even when focused properly, will often add to the rainbow colours with chromatic aberration, as they split out the red, green and blue components at the edges of the object.

Without even knowing where it was, I'll put my bet on Sirius.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

A good link here for some people on here look at paragraph under picture at top of page it says it all!

home.comcast.net...

We get a good few in the UK every winter re Sirius, nice clear sky an its changing colour like a disco light!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackjesus75
reply to post by TheOracle

The
great case

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blackjesus75

Yea about 20 min from lake erie... more on the story of what happen in cleveland very soon

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

I don't think this is the fault of the media. I think you can put the blame squarely on the shoulders of people within ufology. Like Nick Pope going on MSNBC and calling this a "significant sighting" when he knew nothing and no one had seriously investigated it at all. Or the team from UFO Hunters validating Michael Lee Hill's footage.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by DelMarvel]

fair point. makes me wonder are they all frauds. However I have seen media cover stories like this before and let it drag on unnecessarily. just seems to be for the purpose of dragging more idiots into it.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Am glad i was one of those who actually got a look at this with my own eyes. It was just amazing,alot of campers were around the lake for the "action". 10 days in a row.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

That was not a fair point. That was manipulating lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

You are far off from the actual facts here. I amongst many other campers around that lake saw the ufo for 10 days in a row.The military\nasa or the government didnt have any aircraft in that airspace either.

So please hehe stop brainwashing yourself
its not healthy

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join