It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

>>Chile recieves a major earthquake...again<<

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Let us be reminded "AGAIN" about the frequency of earthquakes over the last 100 years. From around 1997-2010 they have slowly increased.

Better map can be found here:
Linky Poo
Duke Henry: You Sir, are not one of my vassals... who are you?
Ash: Who wants to know?
Duke Henry: I am Henry the Red. Duke of Shale, Lord of the Northlands and leader of its peoples.
Ash: Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things, right now: Jack and s**t... and Jack left town.

I feel we are in for the ride of a lifetime (little surface nuances)
Hopes and Prayers for the people of Chile.

End of line......

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Dometheus]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What constitutes an after-shock? How many days/weeks/months need to past before it's considered a new quake?
And while I'm asking, can an 'after-shock' be stronger than the original quake itself?
I always thought that lil-tiny tremors are often felt after a substantial quake, within hours or a day or two measuring like; 2.5 or maybe 3.1 but....these recent 'after-shocks' (Haiti too) seem a bit extensive, no?
Just wonderin'.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

Aftershock or not, they are all earthquakes first. I would think above
a certain magnitude. It is no longer an after shock, even if I'm wrong,
that would still make the most sense for me. Phage would know.
Chadwickus.
Oz.

An aftershock is a smaller earthquake that occurs after a previous large earthquake in the same area (the main shock). If an aftershock is larger than the main shock, the aftershock is redesignated as the main shock and the original main shock is redesignated as a foreshock. Aftershocks are smaller earthquakes formed as the crust around the displaced fault plane adjusts to the effects of the main shock

Sounds most plausible.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

An aftershock is a smaller earthquake that occurs after a previous large earthquake in the same area (the main shock). If an aftershock is larger than the main shock, the aftershock is redesignated as the main shock and the original main shock is redesignated as a foreshock. Aftershocks are smaller earthquakes formed as the crust around the displaced fault plane adjusts to the effects of the main shock

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Earthquake Details
Magnitude 3.3
Date-Time Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 21:09:25 UTC
Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 01:09:25 PM at epicenter

Location 32.694°N, 116.062°W
Depth 2.4 km (1.5 miles)
Region SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Distances 8 km (5 miles) SW (230°) from Ocotillo, CA
15 km (9 miles) NE (55°) from Jacumba Hot Springs, CA
37 km (23 miles) WSW (253°) from Seeley, CA
48 km (30 miles) WSW (258°) from El Centro, CA
55 km (34 miles) ENE (75°) from Tecate, Baja California, Mexico
92 km (57 miles) ENE (78°) from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.5 km (0.3 miles); depth +/- 1 km (0.6 miles)
Parameters Nph= 69, Dmin=14 km, Rmss=0.33 sec, Gp=155°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=2
Source California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR

Event ID ci14599396

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm surprised CNN even mentioned it. They barely reported any of the 8.8 past the initial announcement etc. I found out about the 7.2 because I check the USGS web site ( earthquake.usgs.gov... ) in the mornings and saw the 7.2. I checked with my Cousin Catalina and pretty much they're just sucking it up. It's part of being Chileno. If you want any news try CNN Chile which is at www.cnnchile.cl...
How big was the Haiti Earthquake? 7.0? And this "aftershock" is 7.2 ... yeah it's getting a little confusing ...

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Helios813]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Helios813

Of course, this is something I've touched on several times. The mainstream media, as the frequency of quakes rises, the bastards will report them less and less. Mark my words it will be this way.

Two much confirmation of the ancient text and the prophecies there in.
Mainstream owners hate of God and the bible is prevailent for all to see if you open just one eye. Pun intended.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

I've been telling folks that these Earthquakes are a direct result of recent solar activity. READ THE POSTS - INFORM YOURSELVES!

I'm telling you, if you live in the Andean region, you must EXPECT the eruption of a major caldera system SOON!

DON'T IGNORE THIS WARNING - IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

that's the reason why these quakes are getting shallower and shallower! Take it from a geology major in college - if not from me , then FROM YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT!

the government of Chile has reason to believe that one or more of the Andean volcanic systems will erupt within the next few weeks. Chile has at least 3 major volcanic caldera systems capable of producing a Yellow Stone strength eruption, one in the north, one in the central region, and one in the south, of Chile.

While you must beware the tsunami, also beware the eruption! stay alert, and remain as mobile as you can.

May God be with you all!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This a Graph from some magnetometer stations in Alaska, they usually pick up HAARP frequencies.

It looks pretty crazy, lots of activity around the time of these earthquakes.

Here's a Canadian magnetometer

Once again pretty crazy.
I kinda wanna come to a certain conclusion, that the natural forces of this planet are not to blame.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Tsch.... talk about 'kickin em when they're down"......

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
hey guys, these aftershocks aren't going to stop anytime soon.

Please read this article:

www.physorg.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So some madmens are secretly hidding on some secret place somewhere playing with an earthquake machine and there's no way for anybody to fully prove it or stop it?? Meanwhile, we're just resignating ourselves counting the deads.

See, that is beyond......I can't even find the word to describe how outrageous that would be if it turned out to be the case.
!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
My first imediate thought when I 'saw the red' on the USGS list was that these are very obviously NOT aftershocks!

A couple of reasons why:

The location
The depth
The magnitude

If you look here at a map of Chile and all the recent quakes:

map

You can then go to each quake and check out the statistics, or look here:

quake list

To get a quick run-down on the info.

It's obvious to me that these recent quakes are in a different location and more importantly, much shallower. Almost all of the quakes and after-shocks up until now have been in the 20-35 killometer range. These recent ones have been 2.3 to 43. Wow....what a range. The first of the largest (6.9) was at 11.0 killometers and I think the most significant.

Something is obviously still brewing there. What? I don't know, I'm not a geologist, but more and more it really doesn't take a degree to see something so obvious!!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Althought I do believe the power-mongers with their toys can do some damage, solar activity seems more like "the " logical explanation. When it comes to apocalyptic catastrophes, Nature wins hands downs.

Maybe HAARP is just the desensitization part to numb us before the major real thing!
Yet agin, we should suspect that damn CERN LHC too.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Exv8densez]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Just as Commander ly-on said
Dedicated to JacobNH or how he's called

More revelations to become reality.....

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I dont think of this one as an aftershock. This was an honest to goodness EQ again...

I feel terrible, people's nerves down there must be on edge to say the least!!!!

I couldnt handle it.

I wonder if people are still sleeping outside. I know i would

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
was just thinking...

wouldn't it be interesting if *this* earthquake did produce a major tsunami...how many would ignore the warnings this time around due to the last quake doing pretty much nothing, thereby causing widespread death and all that.

hey...its a conspiracy website..might as well speculate.

Or....

What if it leads to Jellystone Park blowing it's cork.
Because that one has also being going a little bonkers the past months.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
How about an Oklahoma aftershock... jk

Earthquake Details
Magnitude 3.4
Date-Time Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 23:57:29 UTC
Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 05:57:29 PM at epicenter

Location 35.465°N, 98.106°W
Depth 4.9 km (3.0 miles)
Region OKLAHOMA
Distances 15 km (10 miles) WSW (242°) from El Reno, OK
15 km (9 miles) S (175°) from Calumet, OK
19 km (12 miles) WNW (288°) from Union City, OK
52 km (32 miles) W (268°) from Oklahoma City, OK
320 km (199 miles) NNW (338°) from Dallas, TX

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 11.7 km (7.3 miles); depth +/- 2.3 km (1.4 miles)
Parameters NST= 25, Nph= 30, Dmin=40.1 km, Rmss=1.39 sec, Gp= 40°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=6
Source U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver

Event ID us2010tscn

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hey SaturnFX, I don't know what it is... but I also have a VERY strong feeling California is going to get hit bigtime in the near future... honestly I'm suprised it hasn't happened yet. Out of curiosity, what makes you think this? Just a strong feeling like I have or something else - a dream maybe?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dometheus

Let us be reminded "AGAIN" about the frequency of earthquakes over the last 100 years. From around 1997-2010 they have slowly increased.

So uh.. what's your point Charlie Brown? 100 years is hardly a long amount of time... it is kind of funny to think how damn stupid people really are if the same stuff has been happening over and over again for over 100 years however... "I told you so, you blockhead!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join