It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wonders of the Solar System (BBC Two)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In this spellbinding series Professor Brian Cox visits the most extreme locations on Earth to explain how the laws of physics carved natural wonders across the solar system.

Watch the first episode 'Empire of the Sun' here on BBC iPlayer. Viewers outside the UK may not be able to use the link, I shall search for another.

More shows like this please BBC

I don't know if this belongs here or in BTS but I'm sure the mods will sort it out

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

More shows like this please BBC

I whole heartedly agree 100%

I watched it last night and can't wait to see the rest of the series.
Maybe keep this thread updated as the new episodes air.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
On Youtube already...that was quick

Yes, watched this last night, Also The Sky at Night talking about the possibilty of Alien life elsewhere which I enjoyed.

Still have not seen an eclipse yet and hope to one day in the future.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Yep, that's the plan, I (or anyone else if they wish) shall update every week

BBC2's new science documentary series Wonders of the Solar System launched with nearly 2.8 million viewers last night, Sunday 7 March.

The five-part series, presented by the physicist Brian Cox, opened with 2.77 million viewers and a 10.3% share in the 9pm hour, according to unofficial overnights.

It's in such a great slot in the schedule, more people should be watching this.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yeah, Sunday night is a great time for it, most people will get a chance to see it maybe.
Also I'm not sure if they will do this each week but it is being replayed on BBC2 tonight(Tuesday) at 7pm.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Brilliant!!

Thanks so much for posting this. Finally, an uncontroversial thread on ATS!!

All the usual kudos to you, 'LiveForever'.

Perhaps ATS shines best when the science shows through.....

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Just a heads up again that if you missed Sundays episode (i did) 'Order out of chaos', it is being shown again on BBC2 tonight at 7pm UK time or you can watch it on iplayer and probably youtube.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Just a heads up again that if you missed Sundays episode (i did) 'Order out of chaos', it is being shown again on BBC2 tonight at 7pm UK time or you can watch it on iplayer and probably youtube.

Nice one Pazcat

Order Out Of Chaos (BBCiPlayer)

Seven Wonders of the Solar System (Article)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The episode about saturns rings was fascinating. I love these type of shows. this is what the BBC does so well. The presenter used to be in the band Dream, responsible for the New Labour anthem "things can only get better"

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Latest Episode:

The Thin Blue Line

Another great episode

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Going up in that Lightening Fighter was pretty amazing. I'd love to do that, wonder how much it'd cost. Flying to 60,000 ft is nearly twice as high as a comercial jet.

It's shame we stopped building our own jets, planes like the Lightening, the Cocorde and the Harrier, were all amazing aeroplanes.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

It was great wasn't it! A vertical lift off at 5g's
Amazing.

Although there's no footage of it on Youtube I think this is just as good......

Surely the most amazing and humbling views to be seen by any human on a regular basis. The view from a U-2 cruising at 70,000ft as the sky above turns black and the curvature of the Earth is visible.

Not quite as dramatic a take off as the Lightening Fighter but just as spectacular a view.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

yeah that was pretty cool, i just hate that James May, where as Brian Cox, well if i was a female, he'd be my perfect bloke.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Haha, I have to agree with yo on that
I can't believe he's 42 years old! He looks so much younger.

Ive just found Episode 2 on youtube for those who want it:

All of the other parts are linked at the original link: www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Episode 4 - Dead or Alive

Brian Cox on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Great video's, thank you so much for posting them, always love this kind of information, especially the visuls..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
ALIENS

That is the title of this weeks episode

I'll try and find a Youtube link for those who can't use that link

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Good show. I like the presenter have done since he used to do bits and pieces on this morning. Science with enthusiasm and a sense of wonder, you cant beat it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Cool and thanks for letting us Yanks in on the show. I wouldn't have known otherwise. I like that guy (Brian Cox). The Science Channel here had a couple shows he did about time and I really dug those.
Thanks again liveforever

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

No problem

The last episode was on over here on Sunday night but the good Professor has revealed that a new series is in the works:

Next series of #wonders is called "Universal" - same crew + BBC science team, but the whole Universe this time - start filming May 11th.

Via Twitter.

I'm going to put all of the episodes from the series up on here tomorrow (from Youtube) so you Yanks (and others outside the UK) can watch the series

top topics

<<   2 >>

join